• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Keeping Womble Alive

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hola friends,

So, I had a bit of a scare this morning. Womble, which was working fine as always last night, abruptly crashed, and then wouldn't open again. I restarted the computer, nope. Uninstalled and reinstalled Womble, nada. Womble hasn't been updated in years and I don't think my Windows 7 had changed recently, but I ran a System Restore to a point two weeks ago, and that seems to have solved things - for now. And now I've saved this Restore Point.

My question is, then, does anyone have any advice for how I might protect Womble from here on out? I know it's not a well-respected program, exactly, but I'm in the middle of a large Womble project I'd hate to lose (and don't intend to redo in any other program), and I generally don't want to let to let it go one bit. With luck, this'll be a non-recurring random blip, but, thanks in advance for any info. :)  

(Also, does anyone know if Womble works in Windows 10?)

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tenor.gif

Someone else still uses Womble?

I can't help with your situation, but Womble works great for me on Windows 10.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Good to hear! Here's hoping that was a freak glitch that won't happen again, then. :p

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same thing happened today to me, but system restore didnt help... now what?

it just won't open no matter what I do.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still no success, this really sucks, and completely breaks my entire workflow...

EDIT:

Downgraded to (way) older version and now it works...

Last edited:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heh, since I started this thread, Womble crashed again, and doing a system restore didn't help. Rather than reformat/wipe my entire computer, I was able to migrate my files and finish my project on a different computer. But for my own machine, alas, Womble remains dead as a doornail. :p

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You might want to check out the thread here, particularly from post #7 on down (with the fix being in post #24). They found a fix similar to the issues you are having with womble on win 10

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So it does! That was surprisingly easy; didn't even need to download anything. Thanks! :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Enjoy! Just double check the out put file and make sure it plays fine. I had one issue where (for whatever reason) the output played back jerky

Top Bottom