• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like the original was never meant to introduce that aspect. I feel like we would have only seen Darksied at the end of the hypothetical original cut and the anti-life content would have been for the sequel. I'd be more than happy to minimise Darksied and focus in on Steppenwolf who is such a cool villain now.

Last edited:

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m glad to hear that most found the bad guys plot nonsensical and cliche. I had zero investment in the bad guys/threat. It seemed to simply exist as a plot device to get the JL together and resurrect Superman.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RLM did a comparison between the ZSJL Lois/Martha scene and the analogous reshot theatrical scene, the visual difference blew my mind. That bit of the chat is about 16-minutes in:

One looks like an expensive, professionally shot film, one looks like a rehearsal that an intern shot in the studio canteen on an iPhone. I did my own comparison (with the similar Snyder shot cropped to 16:9 for closer comparison. Wow:

51064310691_1353d85ecc_c[1].jpg

As much as I hated BvS, I did compare it favourably to Blade Runner. You can't fault Snyder for the way his films look (just everything else he does).

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Regardless of how one feels about ZS'JL (I haven't seen it), Snyder has described what he was planning on putting in the next two JL flicks, and it sounds pretty darned awful, IMO. :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Regardless of how one feels about ZS'JL (I haven't seen it), Snyder has described what he was planning on putting in the next two JL flicks, and it sounds pretty darned awful, IMO. :p
Yep it sounds dreadful. The most damning bit is the name of Clark and Lois' son "Bruce Kent" which suggests Snyder thinks his versions of Superman and Batman were friends and not enemies that barely met. Did Lois and Batman ever even spend anytime together in the Snyder verse, or even have a conversation? (apart from the bit where she pleaded with Batman not to kill Clark). Why would you name your son after some hateful a**hole who was responsible for the death of the child's father. Snyder always wants to use payoffs that he never setup.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No disrespect, but has there ever been a heavily CGI'd film that wasn't followed by the "CGI was awful" comment? :p
Fair point that lots of movies overuse CGI, but that doesn't excuse any of them just because the others did it too. The best CGI is the stuff you don't notice. For some great examples of subtle use of CGI in a movie that is anything but subtle, check out Mad Max: Fury Road.

If nothing comes from this, then yes it was pointless, but it was always meant to take us into the next 2 films, so it wasn't completely pointless. I'm really surprised you had a problem with the dialogue because I thought it was peak Joker for Jared Leto.
The issue here is that we will not be getting any more DC Snyder films, and this scene was part of the reshoots that he did for this cut. I thought Leto's performance was about on par with what we saw in Suicide Squad, so even if it was peak Joker for Leto, he's still the worst version we've had on screen.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The issue here is that we will not be getting any more DC Snyder films

Not live action, no, but I wouldn't be surprised if ol' Z-man executive produced some animated direct sequels, though I admit his above spoiling doesn't seem to point in that direction...

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think he was willing to share for multiple reasons. Firstly, he assumes he's done with the DC characters and just wanted to give fans a taste of what he had in mind. Secondly, after seeing Endgame its clear that both he and Feige had a lot of similar ideas on how to proceed with their franchises and if he were to continue, following through on his original intentions is unlikely as it would be seen as simply copying Marvel at this point.

If Snyder were to continue, I think an Injustice future is far more likely a direction to take as that seems to be what interests him the most and would definitely help set apart what DC is doing compared to Marvel. Time Travel would still ultimately have to play a role in this direction, however, but since its already been used once it would be a much different beast compared to how Endgame accomplished to save the day. Plus, with DC going full in with the multiverse with Flash, it allows them more wiggle room. I doubt Snyder will continue in any real capacity making DC movies, but I'd be lying if I wasn't interested in a potential Injustice movie at this point.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why would you name your son after some hateful a**hole who was responsible for the death of the child's father. Snyder always wants to use payoffs that he never setup.

I don't even mind that so much, as it shows Clark's fast capacity for forgiveness. What I absolutely can't get behind, however, is him and Lois encouraging their son to become a new somber vigilante/Batman. That's the stuff of awful middle school fanfics. :poop:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WB have uploaded a few minutes of BvS in 4:3 IMAX 4K:

I hate everything about it tone, story and character wise but damn does it look beautiful. That shot at 6.45 of the church window.

#releasetheeverythingin4:3

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jumping in here way late, but I'm just watching the movies recently and just finished ZSJL. I'm with pretty much everyone else it seems in considering the theatrical JL a hot mess. I wanted to like it, many of the visuals were good, but the story...bleh. This new cut helped a ton. But at 4 hours, holy cow! It felt like at least three movies jammed into one. It seems to me like there needed to be a Flash and Cyborg solo/origin set of movies before this one at the least. It's not perfect, but worlds better than the first try.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what the fanedit community does with it.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do we really believe those "leaked ideas for 2 and 3" are anything but BS?

Top Bottom