• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League - Ultimate Edtion

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Submitted to the DB, here's a little featurette showing off some of the new footage

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Submitted to the DB, here's a little featurette showing off some of the new footage

Definitely looking forward to this. Your preview edition was excellent. Top notch work.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:

WOW!  Super-impressive!!!  Well done!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll leave my review here as I'm having log in issues with the IFDB

An edit that has been in the works for two years, Bobson's JL Ultimate Edition sought to piece together the most complete version of the Frakenstien's monster that was the divisive theatrical cut of the movie. Did he suceed? Very much so. Without rocking the boat with experimental cuts or unique narrative alterations that a lot of JL edits undertake, Bobson's edit is a simplistic arrangement that focuses on restoration, adding, not subtracting. Even the most microscopic angles are successfully reintegrated into the film.

With the release of the Snyder Cut only a matter of months away, it will arguably become the 'Ultimate Edition', had this edit been delayed further, then it might have needed a retitle to the 'Ultimate Theatrical Edition', for now until the advent of the much anticipated directors vision, it's title holds true..this is the JL movie as you knew it, warts and all, and much more.

Overall rating 

Audio/Video Quality 

Visual Editing 

Audio Editing 

Narrative 

Enjoyment

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fixed my log in issues with the IFDB, so transferred my review there. Well done Bobson

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is this edit still in active development? There must be hundreds of unused shots from the film circulating the web at this point!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
Is this edit still in active development? There must be hundreds of unused shots from the film circulating the web at this point!

It's complete for now, there is still a lot of usused footage from various places that couldn't be used due to length, quality or just couldn't be put into the theatrical cut. If this new Snyder release is put on Blu-Ray, I'll revisit this in the future for a revised edition, but for now this is considered complete and released.

gortat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would rather see the Snyder cut extended with some of the scenes from this, like the Batman prologue, "dressed like a Bat" or some more Alfred scenes.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's complete for now, there is still a lot of usused footage from various places that couldn't be used due to length, quality or just couldn't be put into the theatrical cut. If this new Snyder release is put on Blu-Ray, I'll revisit this in the future for a revised edition, but for now this is considered complete and released.
Well, since it's been confirmed the Snyder cut will see a blu-ray release, I look forward to 2.0

LukeFoord

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would rather see the Snyder cut extended with some of the scenes from this, like the Batman prologue, "dressed like a Bat" or some more Alfred scenes.

This is exactly what I wanna see. The longest possible cut. Start with Zack's cut as a base, and then add anything from the Theatrical Cut that you can that doesn't contradict anything.

The intention isn't necessarily to make a good movie. Just the longest version possible without major contradictions. I'd say if something conflicts, go with Snyder cut every time. But any unique footage that can be added that Joss shot, chuck it in. Once again, not going for a better film, purely a longer one.

alzagor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Take Zack's cut, trim a little bit in the beginning... like the Amazon fight last far too long. And blasphemy... add in a few scenes from Whedon:
  • The opening Batman rooftop scene
  • Cyborg text-talking to Diana at Bat's desk
  • Batman to Flash, "Save one, just one."
  • Gordon, "I see you're getting along with people again..."
  • Flash to Cyborg digging at the grave, "We're the misfits"
And maybe something else in there like...
  • adding the Russian family who helps make the old town a bit more grounded.
  • adding Bruce and Diana walking on the lake. The movie needed those blunt plot points every now and then.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit as I originally made it is complete, as it was an extended version of the Theatrical Cut using trailers, VFX reels and other footage. I wouldn't make any other revision of this project with the recent release of the Snyder Cut.
However, I wouldn't put it past me to make an extended version of the Snyder Cut using some of the Theatrical footage when it releases in May on Blu-Ray (at least in Australia I've seen)

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit as I originally made it is complete, as it was an extended version of the Theatrical Cut using trailers, VFX reels and other footage. I wouldn't make any other revision of this project with the recent release of the Snyder Cut.
However, I wouldn't put it past me to make an extended version of the Snyder Cut using some of the Theatrical footage when it releases in May on Blu-Ray (at least in Australia I've seen)

How about an update that indudes the mid credits scene of Suicide Squad 2016 Extended Cut. The scene is Amanda Waller giving Bruce Wayne a dossier of "exceptional" individuals with powers including Barry Allen (The Flash) and Arther Curry (Aquaman). These are the indiviiduals he sought out in the movie. It would explain how Bruce knew who to seek and where. Also, there really is only one place to put this scene, and it's immediately after the Superman cell phone interview ends and before the beginning intro/credits begin. It would also make great sense because Amanda tells Bruce not to stay out all night (insinuating she knews he's Batman) and then the next scene is Batman out late at night. Then the end of THAT scene has Alfred showing pics and info from the dossier on screen so he had to have it before he went out that night.

Last edited:

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't remember if I own the most recent version of this edit or not. This project will certainly be rendered superfl once Bobson's Theatrical Deluxe is released, but I think this would still be a fun watch.

Top Bottom