• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League - Ultimate Edtion

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be continuing work on this edit until I've got everything that I can into the film with material that has either been released officially on physical home media, trailers, VFX reels from the vendors or other promotional material. I would absolutely love to use any and all of the footage from this new Snyder Cut that I can...

...If  this cut is also released on home media in some form, whether that be iTunes or Blu-Ray or some kind of other format. If there are trailers with new footage that are released, I'll use them in whatever way I can, but as for ripping it from HBO Max, I will not be. 

I also fear that it will be released in Black and White (due to the promo material being desaturated), not that I don't enjoy monochromatic films but that if it's released in a format that I can use, the entire project will have to be in B/W. I don't think JL would look that good in B/W, compared to BvS which does look amazing, but JL just looks a lot duller cinematography wise. I don't feel that it wouldn't add anything to it. 

To summerise, no I won't be using the new Snyder Cut unless it's on Blu-Ray.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right now it seems, still need to fix up the WW dialogue, but otherwise work still progresses.

Still inching forwards with the running time at 2:03:51. I'm still impressed all these short clips have added up so much.

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very nice, when/if the Snyder Cut makes its way to Blu-Ray Id like to try using the theatrical cut as a base and restore sequences that were cut down or chopped up just out of curiosity to see if the plot this version can be improved with more material, I'm willing to bet it can

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
So do you plan on editing the OP any time soon?

Once I've correctly logged and finished with every shot, and that I am positive I haven't missed anything, then I'll update it to match the current list, which is nicely formatted in this Spreadsheet for those who want to follow along at home. The length is how much it's been extended by (if it's an existing or replacement shot) or how much it adds (if it's a new shot) Blank spots are clips yet to be added or are unfinished in some way. 

ScPBr7k.png

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Your spreadsheet is well structured and formatted, mate. I hope you take the shots I found into account as well.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's some of the new footage in the Tunnel section of the film. I dont have access to the original clips of the extended shot of Steppenwolf grabbing his axe, as well as the extended fight wide shot (clip 20/22), so if anyone knows where they're from or have the VFX reel, that'd be appreciated. 

Only shots left (I hope) is Diana and Bruce talking about Aquaman, Cyborg jerking his head forward, and the extra beat after Steppenwolf kicks the crap of WW and Aquaman. Then it should be done. Keyword being should. 

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's the last few beats in the climax, which should leave only the Bruce/Diana scene. 

I swear if any deleted scenes pop out of the woodwork, I'm gonna lose it.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And it's done?

Final runtime is 2:03:55 on the dot. Would've loved to break 2:04, but ah well. I'll be rendering it out tonight, and send it out for previews for those who would like to watch it and try to spot any potential errors before wide distribution. 

Here's a new poster to celebrate!

xXDNyqt.png

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Final runtime is 2:03:55 on the dot. Would've loved to break 2:04, but ah well.

You could cheat and add a five second Bobson Dugnutt card at the end. I don't think anyone would notice.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Ultimate Edition is finally complete! After 2 years of work, I've finished up with the extended edition that has greatly expanded since it's conception with so many sources continually being added to fill out the runtime. I've still got to render out a final cut but everything has been polished to a point where I feel it's all seamless. 

The first post has been updated with some special thanks, a new list of additions and sources as well as a revised description.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I regret saying that I was done again. I found more footage as I always do in this reel of extended stuff, so I'll have a go at putting some back in. I wonder if the official Snyder Cut or this will be done first

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
I regret saying that I was done again. I found more footage as I always do in this reel of extended stuff, so I'll have a go at putting some back in. I wonder if the official Snyder Cut or this will be done first

It seems this extended edition will never be complete.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:

I applaud your dedication! On the plus side you might get to your 2:04 runtime now :)

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:

I was lucky enough to see the preview. While the additions may be small time wise, I feel they add quite a bit to the overall story and gives quick snippets of further insight to the characters... and more so than you may think from just a few seconds here and there. Even when Bruce drives away with Barry Allen in his Mercedes, as trivial as that may seem, it shows a bit about how Bruce conducts himself and has allowed the Batman to infiltrate his personal life. It’s absolutely amazing why this short amount of time wasn’t in the original theatrical version to begin with in my opinion.

With that being said, Bobson has inserted these visuals perfectly and seamlessly and the effort behind the audio re-integration, is second to none.

You guys will love it.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As I understand it, there exists an extended shot of Steppenwolf asking Cyborg, "Now do you see it?" in reference to the latter's Knightmare vision.

Don't believe me? Have a look at this (skip forward to 2:10):

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, it's done again probably. Here's the new additions:

- Extended shot of Batman jumping down as WW and Flash walk up
- Extended shots of Batman jumping down onto a Parademon
- Extended shot of Batman fighting said Parademon
- Extended shot of Parademon fighting Batman and winning 
- Extended 3 shots as Flash trips over 
- Extended shot of Steppenwolf catching the missle from the Knightcrawler
- Extended shot of Steppenwolf saying "You are all a distraction"
- Extended shot of Wonder Woman running from the surging water in the sewers
- Extended shot of Superman throwing Cyborg, Aqauman and Wonder Woman
- Extended shot of Superman swiping his arm at Flash
- Extended 2 shots of Superman punching the memorial wall
- Extended shot of Superman hitting Flash, sending him flying

New runtime is 2:04:08, so it's officially over 4 minutes longer than the theatrical with 68 new, extended and alternate shots and lines of dialogue. I'll render it out hopefully for the last time. Thanks for those who bared with me.

Top Bottom