• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League - Ultimate Edtion

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a nice surprise to see you’re back in the fold with the League, Bobson. When do you expect to complete production on this EE?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How much time do you think this all adds up to?

WhatTheActualMark

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you planning on some rescores in this edit? Or maybe use Danny Elfman's complete score that included the album version of 'Wonder Woman Rescue' or Hulk's theme from 'The Amazon Motherbox'?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WhatTheActualMark said:
Are you planning on some rescores in this edit? Or maybe use Danny Elfman's complete score that included the album version of 'Wonder Woman Rescue' or Hulk's theme from 'The Amazon Motherbox'?
I haven't yet, but if its stuff from the official album I might consider it. Has any other scored scenes been changed on the album

jrWHAG42 said:
How much time do you think this all adds up to?
Currently at 2:03:46, I think we might break 2:04:15 or more

Motleys Fanedits said:
It's a nice surprise to see you’re back in the fold with the League, Bobson. When do you expect to complete production on this EE?

Not sure, hopefully not another two years

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Bobson Dugnutt" Hopefully not.

By the way, have you thought of replacing Barry's 'brunch' monologue with Bruce saying 'Great!' and an extended shot of Barry saying "Can I keep this?"

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
Have you thought of replacing Barry's 'brunch' monologue with Bruce saying 'Great!' and an extended shot of Barry saying "Can I keep this?"

I have thought about doing a lot of cuts and trims here and there, but I do intend for this to be purely extended without cutting anything out, which would come in a fanfix down the road with more regrading and rescoring. But I guarantee that I'd cut that scene right away Although I didn't notice that the "Can I keep this" shot is extended, so I'll check it out

Here's the newest version of the Aquaman recruitment, with a lot more new and reworked footage than before, see if you can spot all 9 new shots!

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Here's the new Cyborg flashback sequence, mainly borrowed from another edit the "Unauthorised Snyder Cut" which is ambitious but doesn't quite stick the landing. This scene however I did like. The glitch transition to the first football shot needs some work, but I would like feedback as to if this works, or else it'll be on the floor

I think this mostly works, but the video from the football game looks choppy, like it was slowed down in post. If you're using Premiere, you might want to try using the "Optical Flow" feature to smooth the footage.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Motleys Fanedits said:
Have you thought of replacing Barry's 'brunch' monologue with Bruce saying 'Great!' and an extended shot of Barry saying "Can I keep this?"

I have thought about doing a lot of cuts and trims here and there, but I do intend for this to be purely extended without cutting anything out, which would come in a fanfix down the road with more regrading and rescoring. But I guarantee that I'd cut that scene right away Although I didn't notice that the "Can I keep this" shot is extended, so I'll check it out

That's understandable.

Just so you know, there are two additional shots which I'm unsure you're aware of; one in the "Unite the League — Batman" teaser, the other in the Heroes trailer.

Bruce shifting his eyes towards Aquaman:

Longer shot of the latter standing in the water (at 1:39):

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
Just so you know, there are two additional shots which I'm unsure you're aware of; one in the "Unite the League — Batman" teaser, the other in the Heroes trailer.

Thanks for the heads up, I did know about the Aquaman shot but not the Bruce one, I'll see what I can do with it

octoroxx said:
I think this mostly works, but the video from the football game looks choppy, like it was slowed down in post. If you're using Premiere, you might want to try using the "Optical Flow" feature to smooth the footage.

I haven't heard of the optical flow effect, what does it do exactly and where is it?

And also, a new extended scene post-tunnel scene with that wonderful shot of Cyborg blasting out through the clouds

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
A new extended scene post-tunnel scene with that wonderful shot of Cyborg blasting out through the clouds

Well done, Bobson! You managed to make one of The Ascended Ancient's VFX shots flow seamlessly into the scene, and I don't think other fan editors have thought of it at first.

I also like the way you restored Gordon's original line from the trailer; I think it's a neat reference to Batman's past experience and career with Jason Todd before he was brutally murdered by the Joker and Harley Quinn.

By the way, if you're still planning at this late stage to restore Cyborg's mask, I would suggest doing what TheRFB 09 did with his Origins cut and mask it over the trailer shot of him inside the Knightcrawler — unless you're hopeless at masking, then never mind.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
By the way, if you're still planning at this late stage to restore Cyborg's mask, I would suggest doing what TheRFB 09 did with his Origins cut and mask it over the trailer shot of him inside the Knightcrawler — unless you're hopeless at masking, then never mind.

I've thought about that shot a lot, and I've decided against it for a few reasons. I do like the effect and the mask itself but I don't like the idea of him having it for all of 2 seconds, needing it to fly down into the Knightcrawler and then taking it back off again. I have seen Origins and thought it was used in an interesting fashion but it'll stay on the cutting room floor for me sadly.

Also, new clip with the extended Heroes Park scene with a few new shots. I'm not 100% sold on the foot shot, might need to be a lot longer but it might be okay with the length it is. Colour grading on the new close ups is also not final.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Motleys Fanedits said:

I've thought about that shot a lot, and I've decided against it for a few reasons. I do like the effect and the mask itself but I don't like the idea of him having it for all of 2 seconds, needing it to fly down into the Knightcrawler and then taking it back off again. I have seen Origins and thought it was used in an interesting fashion but it'll stay on the cutting room floor for me sadly.

Oh. Shocker. I quite like the brief appearance of Cyborg's mask since I think it shows him embracing his cybernetic side. Sure, one could argue that the resolution is a tad rushed, but hey, what else can you do for the heavily watered-down theatrical cut?

Who knows? Maybe you'll change your mind one day. In the meantime, I'm still looking forward to this edit and I'll be on the lookout for its up-and-coming release.

By the way, I like how you handled the Heroes Park scene. I'm sure there exist additional frames for the League gathering at the memorial.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Bobson, you're not gonna believe this! A fan named Akura has recently uploaded a 4K restoration of the 2016 Special Comic-Con Footage. If you wanted to, you could use this in place of the footage you currently have.

Here it is, in all its glory:

Looks stunning, doesn't it?

octoroxx

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Motleys Fanedits said:

Thanks for the heads up, I did know about the Aquaman shot but not the Bruce one, I'll see what I can do with it
octoroxx said:

I haven't heard of the optical flow effect, what does it do exactly and where is it?

And also, a new extended scene post-tunnel scene with that wonderful shot of Cyborg blasting out through the clouds

https://adobemasters.net/how-to-use-optical-flow-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc-2019/

It only works in CC, so if you're using an older version like CS6 you're out of luck unfortunately.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
An ultimate cut off both release and Snyder is greatly needed.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do hope work on this doesn't slow down because of the announcement. It'll be a long while before a physical release just to draw in the subscriber count on HBO Max, and I appreciate the creativity of editors who have to work with what we have

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I disagree. I would halt until he at least views it and decides if that alters the narrative he wants his edit to be.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
revel911 said:
I disagree. I would halt until he at least views it and decides if that alters the narrative he wants his edit to be.

I disagree with your disagree lol!  :p

I think the Snyder Cut will be its own entity.  What Bobson does with this is to give us the best, or ultimate version of Whedon's cut.  I'd be interested to see how Bobson's work stands up against what Snyder puts out.  Who knows if or when a physical copy of the Snyder Cut comes out anyway.

Top Bottom