• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Justice League - Ultimate Edtion

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
m6KF8AA.png

Original First Post, Revised September 2018

Yes, another cut of Justice League, but this one is different. This one just aims to insert as much of the deleted material as possible. This isn't some faux "Snyder Cut" or a radical retooling of the film, its just a longer version of the film you saw in cinemas. And I'm sure the name "Ultimate Edition" has already been used, but I can't think of a better name and it matches with the BvS cut. 

lRJ85Uz.png

SOURCES
  • Justice League (2017) Blu-Ray
  • Special Comic Con Footage (SCCF)
  • Trailer 1 (TR1)
  • Comic Con Sneak Peek (CCSP)
  • Heroes Trailer (HTR)
  • Blu-Ray Bonus Scenes (BR)
  • Behind the Scenes at the Justice League - Mercades Benz Promo (MB)
  • At&T Exclusive First Look – Aquaman, Wonder Woman And Cyborg (AT&T)
  • Unite the League Trailer Teasers - Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash (UTL)
  • YourMovieFix's Ultimate Fan Edition (UFE Audio Only)
  • Various VFX Reels from artists who worked on the film (VFX)
CUTS AND ADDITIONS
  • Added extra shots of hostages in the church (CCSP)
  • Extended shots of Bruce traveling to the fishing village (TR1)
  • Added 2 shots of the fisherman holding a Bruce Wayne business card (VFX)
  • Added shot of Aquaman turning around and saying "Talk." to Bruce
  • Extended shots of Barry avoiding the batarang (SCCF)
  • Extended shot of Bruce saying “So you’re fast” (SCCF)
  • Extended shot of Barry saying “That’s an oversimplification” (SCCF)
  • Added Bruce saying "Just like that" after he says "You're in?" (SCCF)
  • Extended shot of Barry saying “I need friends” (SCCF)
  • Extended shot of Bruce and Barry driving off (MB)
  • Added shot of Batman on the gargoyle looking down at Gordon (CCSP)
  • Added extra Wonder Woman dialogue as they enter the Gotham Sewers (CCSP)
  • Added Cyborg/Batman exchange right after previous addition (SCCF)
  • Extended shot of Wonder Woman stabbing a Parademon and smirking at Steppenwolf (VFX)
  • Added Flash taking out a Parademon as he dodges it's gunfire (TR1)
  • Alternate angle of Wonder Woman attacking Steppenwolf (SCCF)
  • Replaced Batman’s “I didn’t bring a sword” with “My turn” (TR1)
  • Replaced the Cyborg shot and dialogue in the Nightcrawler (CCSP)
  • Added Gordon saying “It’s nice to see you playing well with others AGAIN” (TR1)
  • Extended scene of Lois and Clark talking on the Kent Farm (HTR)
  • Added Clark in the Fortress of Solitude getting a new suit (BR)
  • Added Clark going to see Alfred “He said you would come…” (BR)
  • Added shots of League getting ready in the Flying Fox before the final battle (AT&T, UTL, UFE)
  • Added Steppenwolf voiceover “This world will fall, just like the others” to previous shots (CCSP, UFE) 
  • Added Flash taking out more Parademons as he runs around the smokestack (VFX)
  • Added Cyborg cocking his head backwards as he sees something while seperating the Motherboxes (VFX)
There is still so much more deleted shots and lines from the trailers and promos that I couldn't fit in, this barely scratches the surface of deleted material. Overall, only about half a minute of the trailer stuff is in here.  

Barry meeting Bruce is the one scene with the most added back in, with 6 new and extended shots and lines. 

Here is the new scene of them getting ready, a scene that was in the Ultimate Fan Edition as well

The edit is mostly done, it just needs some tinkering here and there. It only runs for about 2 and a half minutes longer than the theatrical cut, most of that time being taken up by the BR Superman scenes.

Updated First Post, June 2020

The newest version of the Justice League: Ultimate Edition, aims to reinsert as much deleted footage from trailers, TV spots, promo material, behind the scenes featurettes, Blu-Ray deleted scenes and a few fanedits to create the longest possible version of the Theatrical Cut. It's not anything too spectacularly different, but it's four minutes longer with over 50 alternate, deleted, extended and new shots and scenes added to the running time. Everything has been painstakingly colour matched with the theatrical footage and rescored with the OST with added SFX where needed to fill gaps. This isn't any fancy Snyder Cut, but more of the movie you saw in cinemas with a few extra moments spinkled throughout.

xXDNyqt.png

SOURCES
Special Comic Con Footage
Trailer 1
Comic Con Sneak Peak
Heroes Trailer
Blu-Ray Bonus Scenes
Mercades Benz Promo
At&T Exclusive First Look
Unite the League Teasers
Various VFX Reels

FANEDITS
YourMovieFix's Ultimate Fan Edition
TheRFB09's JL Origins
Chris Dawson's Black Suit Edition
WhiplashDynamo's Unauthorised Snyder Cut

OTHER
Avengers: Age of Ultron
SFX including Thunder, Boiling Water, Underwater, Crowd Whisper, Superman Sonic Boom/Taking Off and Glitch Noise

ADDITIONS

Added extended shot of the lead terrorist walking
Added extra shots of hostages in the church
Added Wonder Woman sweep kicking a terrorist
Extended shots of Bruce traveling to the fishing village
Added 2 shots of the fisherman holding a Bruce Wayne business card
Added new wide shot of the crowd gathered around Bruce and Aquaman
Added shot of Aquaman turning around and saying "Talk." to Bruce
Alternate angle of Bruce saying "that was last night"
Extended shots of Bruce and Aquaman smirking at each other
Extended shot of Aquaman picking up Bruce
Extended shot of Aquaman in the water, talking to Bruce
Cyborg dream sequence using the deleted flashback of his football game with his mum
New shot of Hippolyta looking at the Boom Tube opening
New scene with WW and Bruce watching the Aquaman footage from BvS and discussing the attempted recruitment
Added shot of Aquaman on the sailors boat as he comes to rescue him
Extended shot of Aquaman diving into the water
Added 2 new action shots of Steppenwolf talking out the Atlantian Guards
Extended shots of Barry avoiding the batarang
Extended shot of Bruce saying “So you’re fast”
Extended shot of Barry saying “That’s an oversimplification”
Added Bruce saying "Just like that" after he says "You're in?"
Extended shot of Barry saying “I need friends”
Extended shot of Bruce and Barry driving off
Added shot of Batman on the gargoyle looking down at Gordon
Added extra Wonder Woman dialogue as they enter the Gotham Sewers
Added Cyborg/Batman exchange right after previous addition
Extended shot of Wonder Woman stabbing a Parademon and smirking at Steppenwolf
Extended shot of Steppenwolf reacting to WW stabbing
Audio of WW saying "shall we?" over the previous shot
Extended Steppenwolf and WW fight
Added Flash taking out a Parademon as he dodges it's gunfire
Replaced Batman’s “I didn’t bring a sword” with “My turn”
Alternate angle of Wonder Woman attacking Steppenwolf
Replaced the Cyborg shot and dialogue in the Nightcrawler
Extended shot of Cyborg plugging his arm into the Nightvrawler
Added shot of Cyborg flying through the clouds when he goes for the motherbox
Added Gordon saying “It’s nice to see you playing well with others AGAIN” (TR1)
Added reaction shot of Batman/Gordon looking at Aquaman while he says "dressed like a bat?"
New shot of Batman looking over the Kyptonian crash site on a vantage point
New shot of the League's feet landing at the Superman memorial
New shot of WW at the Superman Memorial
New shot of Cyborg at the Superman Memorial
Extended shot of Cyborg's defence mechanism kicking into gear
Extended scene of Lois and Clark talking on the Kent Farm
Added Clark in the Fortress of Solitude getting a new suit
Added Clark going to see Alfred “He said you would come…”
Added shots of League getting ready in the Flying Fox before the final battle
Added Steppenwolf voiceover “This world will fall, just like the others” to previous shots
Added Flash taking out more Parademons as he runs around the smokestack
Added Cyborg cocking his head backwards as he sees something while seperating the Motherboxes
Added shot of Cyborg then jerking his head backforwards after seeing something
Extended shot of Steppenwolf walking towards Cyborg after he kicks the shit out of WW and Aquaman

Theatrical Cut - 2:00:00
Ultimate Edition - 2:03:55

Here is a spreadsheet detailing every new shot and it's source as well as it's length for those who like that kind of minutia.

SPECIAL THANKS TO
Zarius, TM2YC, bionicbob, Crimson713, heathen3017, Motleys Fanedits, and musiced921 for feedback, previews and encouragement of all kinds since I started this back in '18. Also YourMovieFix, TheRFB09, Chris Dawson, WhiplashDynamo for creating their own fanedits and sharing their work with the world. And to Mindd Kidzag and Awesome Edits Productions on Youtube for sharing some of the more obscure items of footage that I got my hands on.

Reactions: tli
This looks great, can't wait to see what you do with it!  :)

v1 is currently avaliable to download. PM me if you are interested

Watching it right now

When "Just like that?" is about to be uttered there's a slight volume drop, similar drop at 01:29 before it picks up again, might want to work on that, the latter in particular.

Both those last vimeo clips sounded great to me, except in the second one just before Batman says "I'm gonna take out..." the music change is very noticeable.

Watched.
The editor achieves his set out objectives.  Majority of the added scenes flow seamlessly.
However, there is a significant audio dip both at the beginning and end of the Superman Fortress of Solitude scene.

Favourite addition for me is the extended scene between Lois and Clark on the farm.

PS.  I love your Fan Editor logo!!! Pure retro-awesomeness! :D

Sounds like you enjoyed it. When you say the majority of the added scenes flow seamlessly, are there any major ones that stick out to you other than the Fortress bit?

Also, thanks, I love my faneditor logo too  :)

I did enjoy this edit, but I also enjoyed the theatrical cut too -- it was good, not great and should have been significantly better.

While your edit is not a major overhaul, the additional Superman material gives our Kryptonian hero a slightly better story arc, thus making this version slightly better than the original.

It is still a very flawed messy film but  it has its fun moments that I appreciate as a long time DC fanboy. :)

Any technical comments on it? Jarring inserts, shots not matching up colour-wise, audio problems anything at all?

I do like the added Superman stuff. It's very wierd that its the only stuff that was included on the Blu-Ray

Finally got back to working on it as I realised how many ITWs I had. I tried to add back WW's "Don't engage alone" and the quick exchange with Cyborg and Batman "I'm real when it's useful"

I've also decided to replace the new Pre-Cyborg footage with the footage from BvS to maintain continuity. This was done in the JL Reborn edit, but slightly different

Man this gets better every time I log in here. Fabulous work, my man.

Crimson713 said:
Man this gets better every time I log in here. Fabulous work, my man.

Thanks, it's encouraging knowing people love my work :D

Here's the extended version of the Aquaman recruitment

- Added a few extra shots of Bruce out in the Icelandic wilderness
- Added 2 shots of Bruce's buiness card (need to make the shot longer somehow as it's less than a second and I'm looping it here)
- Added Aquaman turning around and saying "Talk."
- Added an alternate angle of Bruce saying "...that was last night"

At 1:08 there is a (very) brief cut to black

How about putting in burned in subtitles for the non-English speaking part?

--Wayne business card works for me, I don't think it needs to be longer
--59 seconds, a dropped frame? screen goes black for a second
--1minute20sec sounds like the audio drops out for a second after Bruce says "last night"

While I recognize the flaws in movie, I am in that minority of people who actually enjoyed the film.
It was fun.  It was good.  But it should have been much better.
Would Snyder's version be better?  I dunno.  

What is your feeling about keeping the Gotham/Parademon opening?  The only reason I ask, the continuity of Bruce's beard really annoys me LOL.   No beard in Gotham.  Full, thick beard in next scene.   No true sense of passage of significant time.  Are you attempting to address this?  Of course, Bruce, being the ultimate alpha male, is so full testosterone, he could probably grow a full beard in day!  :p

bionicbob said:
Does the card look jumpy to you at all as I have just rocked the shot back and forth. Looks off to me but I have watched it over and over

bionicbob said:
While I recognize the flaws in movie, I am in that minority of people who actually enjoyed the film.
It was fun.  It was good.  But it should have been much better.
Would Snyder's version be better?  I dunno.  
I have no care if Snyder's version was better really. The movie is perfectly fine the way it is, it was never going to be a masterpiece. It's a perfectly acceptable popcorn flick. I certainly enjoy it more than BvS as I find that almost intolerable to sit through. 

bionicbob said:
What is your feeling about keeping the Gotham/Parademon opening?  The only reason I ask, the continuity of Bruce's beard really annoys me LOL.   No beard in Gotham.  Full, thick beard in next scene.   No true sense of passage of significant time.  Are you attempting to address this?  Of course, Bruce, being the ultimate alpha male, is so full testosterone, he could probably grow a full beard in day!  :p
If I was doing a fanfix of this film (and I aren't quite yet) I'd move Aquaman's recruitment to the start in place of the Superman phone footage. I'd then move the parademon attack back a bit to somewhere suitable in the first act with the references about heading north to assemble the team cut out.

heathen3017 said:
Immediately after this clip ends, Aquaman translates what he said for Bruce, so there is no need. He does say something in the same language after this in which there are hardcoded subtitles.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
bionicbob said:
Does the card look jumpy to you at all as I have just rocked the shot back and forth. Looks off to me but I have watched it over and over

It is a bit jumpy.  Maybe try a freeze frame?  The hand/card comes up, then instead of looping, insert a freeze frame for the same amount of seconds.  Since there is no significant movement in the background, the continuing audio may hide/trick the viewer.

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]
I have no care if Snyder's version was better really. The movie is perfectly fine the way it is, it was never going to be a masterpiece. It's a perfectly acceptable popcorn flick. I certainly enjoy it more than BvS as I find that almost intolerable to sit through. 
[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]I agree completely.  BvS was just Snyder trying to do THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, even at the cost that Superman's character (no hope???wtf) didn't align with his own previous movie MoS.  [/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]The ARROWVERSE is my jam.  Those shows, which are not without their own flaws, celebrate and understand comic book superheroes infinitely better that the Snyder helmed/produced movies.[/font]

Bobson Dugnutt said:
heathen3017 said:
Immediately after this clip ends, Aquaman translates what he said for Bruce, so there is no need. He does say something in the same language after this in which there are hardcoded subtitles.

I actually forgot about that...I feel like such a bonehead...I was simply focusing too much on the clip itself.

bionicbob said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:

It is a bit jumpy.  Maybe try a freeze frame?  The hand/card comes up, then instead of looping, insert a freeze frame for the same amount of seconds.  Since there is no significant movement in the background, the continuing audio may hide/trick the viewer.

Or you could freeze frame it and mask it so that the background footage keeps going, but the card stays in frame. Not entirely sure how to pull that one off, though, since the background footage is only a second or so long.

EDIT: There's a jump/artifact in the audio right around 24 seconds. Sounds like the audio of a wave cuts in hard. Maybe increase the fade in on that?

EDIT 2: There's a small continuity error in the scene right after Aquaman says "Talk." If you took the wide shot of the room that follows and swapped it with the close up of the village head that follows immediately after, you wouldn't have to adjust the audio since the speaker is off screen, and it would make the cut seem a little less jarring.

Back
Top Bottom