• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

JUSTICE LEAGUE THE UNITY EDITION

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am all in favour of Fan Campaigns. It saved Star Trek more than once.

But this is something very different. While the Bots part of the article did not really shock me, the level of possible paid coordination and purposely directed toxicity did. Plus, the timeline of events as laid out in the article was very illuminating.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't trust WB "internal investigating" and this bots thing all that much, WB trying to save face again. I know I was definitely pulling for the ZSJL release. Hell, I was editing the other movies in anticipation of it LOL

But I also try to stay out of the drama crap as much as I can, wherever possible - even trade gossip like this. I've got enough of the world trying to make me negative, and speculating on the future of the DCEU is as much fun as a colonoscopy.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANKS for the review @Wakeupkeo,
Happy to hear to found it Fun and Hopeful.

As for the Jim Lee comment, I didn’t view it as negative or positive. Just interesting to hear someone of “authority” to make an actual statement one way or another.

Then again, when it comes to DC Comics, Warner Brothers is in such a state of chaos, who knows what the future holds for these characters?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @MusicEd921 for his review.

In regards to using the John Williams/Hans Zimmer mixed theme for the Kryptonian Ship scene, this was again a very deliberate choice. In the Whedon cut, cues of the Williams theme appear much earlier, during the monument fight between Clark and the League. To me this felt like a complete misuse of that theme. Thus, I went with the Holkenborg score, which was much darker and matched the tone of the moment better and kept the Williams stuff in my back pocket until the moment Clark has to choose his future. In many way, this new mix score represents my transitioning Superman from his darker Snyder roots to the more hopeful version I grew up with.

Now I may be misinterpreting this, but for me, when Clark chooses the Black Suit, he is choosing his Kryptonian heritage over Humanity. This is something MY Superman would never do.... at least not in the context that is presented in the Snyder Cut. It is one of the reasons I prefer the Whedon third act and went in that direction. Sadly, the price for redeeming Superman is Flash's big hero moment.... which I admit, sadden me as I love the Scarlett Speedster... even one as annoyingly portrayed by Miller. Thankfully, I was able to sneak in Grant Gustin.

Glad to hear that Joe Esposito's "You're The Best" worked for you. Originally I was going to go with Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For a Hero", but that felt so over done. I put the Karate Kid classic in on just lark and was happily surprised at how well it synced up with the action and brought a fun new dynamic energy to the scene.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @gunpowder for posting a review.

I appreciate your honestly about your hesitancy but still allowing yourself to trust the editor and go for the ride. I think we all feel and experience that uncertainty when we watch a fan edit of something dear to us. And I happy to read, that in the end, the ride was an enjoyable one for you. :)

In regards to the Superman/Cyborg joking scene, from my perspective, this is a wholly Human Moment. Something I feel the Snyder Cut was seriously lacking. Both characters believed they were going to die. They are stunned that they survived, and thus are joyfully euphoric in that brief moment. For me, I like this scene of levity after a big, dramatic climax. But I can fully appreciate that it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @aryudhist12 for posting a review.

So happy that my Bronze Age approach to the material worked of you! It certainly was fun to create.
And I agree, I too wish I could have figured out a way to keep Barry's Speed Force plotliine for the third act.
In the end, this was about trying to redeem Superman in my eyes, and unfortunately Barry had to be the one to pay the price.
But it makes my heart happily skip that you had fun watching and consider it rewatchable for the future!

I rarely, if ever, try to create replacement fan edits. Mine are mostly just fun alternate viewing experiences.
But with Justice League I purposely set out to create a version that would work for me (still flawed mind you) because I found both versions so disappointing.
It is nice to hear that it works for others too. :)

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Nic thank you for your very detailed review.

Even though I know we have difference of opinion on certain elements of plots and characters from the Snyder Cut, I am so happy to read that you otherwise enjoyed this Bronze Age interpretation of the Justice League. 😁

While I am 99.9 % happy with my version, if I have one regret, I too wish I could have figured out a way to make the Flash Speed Force climax work. But since my greater priority was to redeem Superman, poor Barry 's plotline had to pay the price.

That is a cool idea about Cyborg and Superman flying together! If only I had the mad skills! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nic
Top Bottom