• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

JUSTICE LEAGUE THE UNITY EDITION

The original One Punch Man! And maybe THE most satisfying moment in comic book history! :ROFLMAO:

I would like to THANKS @angrybirds123456 for taking the time to post a review, very much appreciated.

...I would've liked to see, or should I say hear, more Snyder Cut music. Can you imagine the Immovable theme playing as Superman says "I believe in truth, but I'm also a big fan of justice" and joins the final battle against Steppenwolf?
While a nice idea, that would have been at direct odds with the stated intent of the fan edit. One of the main objectives of The Unity Edition was to transition away from the Grimdark Snyder Superman and into the more Hopeful/Inspirational Bronze Age style Superman of the Whedon Third Act. That is why I went with the classic Red and Blue version. It is also why the Superman theme morphs from the Zimmer version into the Williams theme when Kal emerges from the ship and why Williams cues are purposely used from that point forward.

If you prefer more Snyder-esque overtones, I highly recommend the fantastic Justice League fan edits by either @spence and @Wakeupkeo
:)

Last edited:
I would like to THANKS @angrybirds123456 for taking the time to post a review, very much appreciated.

While a nice idea, that would have been at direct odds with the stated intent of the fan edit. One of the main objectives of The Unity Edition was to transition away from the Grimdark Snyder Superman and into the more Hopeful/Inspirational Bronze Age style Superman of the Whedon Third Act. That is why I went with the classic Red and Blue version. It is also why the Superman theme morphs from the Zimmer version into the Williams theme when Kal emerges from the ship and why Williams cues are purposely used from that point forward.

If you prefer more Snyder-esque overtones, I highly recommend the fantastic Justice League fan edits by either @spence and @Wakeupkeo
I understand, although to be fair, the Snyder Cut music is quite hopeful and inspirational as well, and I feel it would've fit rather nicely in.

Besides, I was only talking about the Snyder Cut's MUSIC, never the Snyder Cut's tone. Because look, even if you don't like the Snyder Cut you can't deny that the music used is amazing.

Besides, I was only talking about the Snyder Cut's MUSIC, never the Snyder Cut's tone. Because look, even if you don't like the Snyder Cut you can't deny that the music used is amazing.
Yes, the Synder Cut soundtrack is very good. It just did not fit my vision for the third act. :)

Last edited:
Because look, even if you don't like the Snyder Cut you can't deny that the music used is amazing.

I can.
I like Snyder Cut, but Holkenborg is far from amazing and his score is boring.
I prefer Elfman's JL music.

Last edited:
I like Snyder Cut, but Holkenborg is far from amazing and his score is boring.
Even the Flash scene at the end?

Last edited:
I am not impressed by any of Holkenborg's music in ZSJL.
And that particular scene I prefer with this song:

:p

Last edited:
I didn't realise you'd actually done it, I just thought it was a funny idea😅

You may want to check out JL Grindhoused.

@JugheadStilinski1st THANK YOU for posting a review!

I loved it. Picked and chose the best of both films, while keeping it coherent and consistent.

The Unity Edition was easily one of my most satisfying fan edits I have ever made, so it bring me great joy to hear it worked for others as well.

Last edited:
THANK YOU @GarStazi for taking the time to post your review. :)

For me, there was also a huge missed opportunity on the Mercedes car product placement, it should have been removed.

I am not clear on what you mean by this? Do you mean you wanted the entire back alley scene of Barry and Bruce removed? Narratively, I do not think that would work. Or just any close up shots of the Mercedes logo? Honestly, it never even occurred to me until you mentioned it. To me, it plays natural enough (Bruce is a zillionaire and would drive something expensive, flashy and unique) and I guess I no longer blink at Product Placement since they have been part of movies and television since the dinosaurs lol.

I ended up just cutting a sec after the Mercedes grill is shown. It’s still a Mercedes but it’s not SO in your face.

close up shots of the Mercedes logo
That was it, not the entire scene, of course.

I know it's a matter of each individual's preference, but in my case (and in the case of a fair share of my film-loving friends), every film becames better the less Product Placement there is. However, when it's at least done in a discreet and unobtrusive way (think something like a Coke can on top of a table), it's bearable.

This scene in particular shows one of the worst types of Product Placement, where the camera movement and the framing are done because of the car and its logo, very much in your face like @Wakeupkeo says, for 5-10sec of screen time.

What happens for me, in scenes like this, is a jarring "suspension of disbelief". Actually, most of the worst and more unbearable moments like this (of suspension of disbelief) happen, for me, because of this type of Product Placement.

Back
Top Bottom