• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Justice League: The Ultimate Edition - The B-Movie Version

Bailey

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A.K.A. The version that nobody asked for

I used Zack Snyder’s Justice League as the base, with scenes from Joss Whedon’s Justice League and some scenes and ideas from Wakeupkeo’s "Rise of the Motherboxes". I did get permission from Wakeupkeo himself to use some of his edit.

The idea here started as only an experiment, as an extended version of ZSJL. With everyone making trimmed versions of this movie I wondered “why not an extended version?” Well the “why not” is because it is soooo long, but anywho… I initially only ADDED scenes from Josstice League. Then the idea shifted from “hey, let’s make the longest version of this possible” to “I think I can make something actually pretty good here.” So, I then went back through and removed some of the scenes I added and even removed some stuff from ZSJL. Then Wakeupkeo released his version, and some of my Josstice scenes were much better in his version, because he integrated scenes from both versions together very well, so I went through and swapped some scenes out with his. The result is this, a slightly extended, slightly trimmed version of ZSJL, that is actually pretty good.

These changes are from memory and me running through my timeline the best I could. This project has evolved and changed three times. The first time was probably over two years ago-ish (probably a few months after it came out), second time was right after Wakeupkeo released Rise of the Motherboxes and third time was here recently. So this list may not be 100% accurate, but it’s close.

Changes-
  • Reframed entire ZSJL shot by shot to 16:9.
  • Any Josstice League footage used was color corrected to match ZSJL as best I could (they are vastly different).
  • Wakeupkeo’s Rise of the Motherboxes scenes that were used were color corrected to match ZSJL (this was easy since Wakeupkeo did have it very close).
  • 2:30 – Added new title “Zack Snyder’s Justice League: Ultimate Edition”. I used this title to mimic BvS Ultimate Edition.
  • 11:40 – Used the Arthur and Bruce conversation from Josstice League. It had a little humor that I feel is lacking in ZSJL.
  • 13:22 – Trimmed (but didn’t remove completely) the singing by the Icelandic women.
  • 39:30 – Used the conversation between Silas and the janitor from Josstice League.
  • 47:00 – Added Silas’ line from Josstice League “You are not a monster”, idea borrowed from Wakeupkeo.
  • 58:24 – Added the burglar scene from Josstice League.*
  • 1:00:40 – Added Victor discovering Batman’s identity.*
  • 1:01:22 – Added dialogue about the car alarm sound.* *These three adds are from a scene from Wakeupkeo’s Rise of the Motherboxes.
  • 1:30:22 – Added Barry’s arrival at the jail to visit his father. The scene where Barry draws on the guy’s face. More humor that I feel is lacking in ZSJL. And actually, this one scene was the main reason for this edit. I like it and it was missed in ZSJL.
  • 1:38:30 – Used the version of Diana talking to Cyborg from Josstice League. Idea borrowed from Wakeupkeo.
  • 1:57:00 – Used Wakeupkeo’s entire battle at Striker’s Island. He did such a great job with this, with the music and all. Great work.
  • After Striker’s Island, used both ZSJL and Josstice League’s versions of the aftermath. There is one shot repeated, a shot of a helicopter flying over and Batman standing there. I think it is fine, they are broken up by a scene of Steppenwolf and one would think there are multiple helicopters flying around anyway.
  • 2:14:00 – Mixed footage from ZSJL, Josstice League and Wakeupkeo’s Rise of the Motherboxes for the arrival back at the hangar and the discussion in the hangar.
  • 2:19:41 – Added scene of Bruce and Alfred in the den from Wakeupkeo’s Rise of the Motherboxes. I had added this scene myself before, but the way Keo edited it was better.
  • 2:22:34 – Removed Martian Manhunter from the scene with Martha and Lois.
  • 3:02:06 – Added Bruce and Diana’s talk from Josstice League.
  • 3:10:42 – Trimmed a shot of Alfred at home having a drink. He still has the drink, but you cannot see he is at home. Being at home conflicts with other scenes of him talking to Batman on the comms and activating the car alarm sound. Plus, why would he just be at home with all of this going on?
  • 3:17:12 – The end battle. Used a couple shots from Wakeupkeo’s Rise of the Motherboxes to add the car alarm sounds, but mostly unchanged from the ZSJL version otherwise.
  • 3:23:08 – Superman’s talk with Alfred. Trimmed around Alfred being at home working on a car, so hopefully it appears they are at the hanger. Again, conflicts with other scenes.
  • 3:56:17 – Removed the entire Martian Manhunter scene. So now Bruce wakes from his nightmare and the screen goes black, then credits.
  • 4:04:35 – Added “Ultimate Edition” to end title.
  • 4:04:36 – Flash and Superman race, used scene from Wakeupkeo’s Rise of the Motherboxes because he trimmed around Superman’s face pretty good. The CGI mustache removal is not too noticeable. I originally had this scene in my version in full, but Keo’s was better edited.
  • 4:05:03 – Added credits - Edited by me and credit to Wakeupkeo.

Zack Snyder’s Justice League runs about 4:02

The Ultimate Edition runs about 4:06

About 3 minutes were removed and about 7 minutes were added

Last edited:
In the interest of making sure people can identify your edit as distinct from Bobson's (and the AFAIK several other edits beyond FE that have also used "Ultimate Edition" or similar as their title), it's worth considering naming it "Justice League: Bailey's Ultimate Edition" or something like that.

No thanks, the name is the name.
Agreed that double listing in IFDB should be avoided. But also, maybe adding “Zack Snyder’s” will also help others realize this is an extended version of that one. Or your name works too. But to be fair, Bobson beat you to the title for IFDB

And I am flattered by the parts you are using!! Hell yeah!

@Gieferg, @Wakeupkeo and @That One Guy - While I understand what you are saying in theory, in practice not so much.
For example, if I were looking for a Justice League edit, I would go to IFDb and search Justice League. And it's going to bring up a list. I look through said list. I see one that looks good to me. I look at who made it, right there on the page that I am on. I message that editor. There is no way to confuse the two, because I am on the page of the one I chose.
Another example, I'm in the forums, someone mentions Bobson Dugnutt's Justice League edit. Cool! That sounds cool to me! Let's find it! I got to IFDb and I'm probably going to search Bobson's edits first, but that's just me. I'm not everyone though, I get that. So I search Justice League instead, it brings up that same list. If I'm looking for Bobson's version, I'm looking for Bobson's name, and I look until I find his name. Message Bobson for the link.
Another example, random guy on the street tells me there's this cool edit out there of Justice League called Justice League: The Ultimate Edition. Cool! I'm going to look that up! When/if I find it, how do I know it is the one Mr. Rando was talking about? Doesn't matter, because I'm still going to read the details of the one that I found and message the editor of the one that I found.
I'm not trying to be difficult here, I just don't see it.

It's your edit, I just don't see why you'd needlessly torpedo its discoverability by insisting on using a name that someone else has already used. (Several someones if you look beyond fanedit.org). But hey, that's your call to make :)

We may be overestimating how popular fanedits are. Anyone searching IFDB for fanedits should have the savvy to differentiate between different edits of a film, regardless of title. I've also never chosen a title based on discoverability, though I do make an effort to pick unique names. I want the title to be representative of the product, and I like making my titles a bit vague, something you may not realize the reasoning for until near the end of the film.
I kinda hate the subtitle 'Ultimate Edition' in general, but my belief that the author should have final say is stronger.

I kinda hate the subtitle 'Ultimate Edition' in general, but my belief that the author should have final say is stronger.
I agree with this, I would never title anything ULTIMATE anything, typically. I did on this one only because of the BvS Ultimate edition, and when I originally made this it was intended only for me, not to share. I just threw a name on there, any name, didn't put much thought into it.

I have one more ZSJL edit that may eventually land on IFDB too.
What title should I use... maybe Ultimate Edition will do? It replaced original in my last Snyderverse rewatch and looks quite ultimate to me you know ;)

Well, just kidding (about the title, the edit exists), frankly, I think there's nothing "ultimate" (or definitive for that matter) about any fanedit.

Doesn't Ultimate Edition on the DC movies just mean extended?

🤷🏻‍♂️ The only Ultimate Edition that I know of is BvS.

This sounds like exactly what I want in a ZSJL edit! Trim the parts that are entirely superfluous while keeping all the batshit insane stuff that Zack threw into it just because he could. I hate (maybe hate is a strong word) when people make edits of ZSJL that try to leave no loose ends or teases because I find the movie kind of fascinating because of that. It's like its the middle of a cinematic universe that didn't exist, its like peeking into an alternate reality.

Yeah I kind of have to say that the name is way too close to my own really. Adding a "The" to the title isn't really too different from my own. I mean if the hundreds of SW PT edits can have different titles, I think there could be a few different titles for this.

Optimum Edition
Supreme Edition
Absolute Edition
Zack Snyder's Ultimate Cut
The Ultimate Synder Cut
The Extended Snyder Cut
The Deluxe Snyder Cut
The [Insert Adjective] Cut

A few suggestions that keep the same gist of the name.

Even so, this is more of a FanFix than a straight extended cut of the film (of which the BvS UE was) so maybe something like Bailey's [Adjective] Edition/or/Cut would be more appropriate for this.

Another example, random guy on the street tells me there's this cool edit out there of Justice League called Justice League: The Ultimate Edition. Cool! I'm going to look that up! When/if I find it, how do I know it is the one Mr. Rando was talking about? Doesn't matter, because I'm still going to read the details of the one that I found and message the editor of the one that I found.

With both edits being called the exact same thing, how does Mr Rando know he's got the right edit if they're called the same thing? Divorced of context from FE.org and the IFDB, if someone found the files for the edits and they're labeled the same, who's to say what's what?

Yeah I kind of have to say that the name is way too close to my own really. Adding a "The" to the title isn't really too different from my own.
To be clear, I did not add "The" to make the title different than yours, I had never heard of yours when I made mine. I originally made this edit before I started releasing edits on IFDb. I had not heard of yours until the initial post here, when it was pointed out to me.
I mean if the hundreds of SW PT edits can have different titles, I think there could be a few different titles for this.
There are also many that don't change the title at all.
Optimum Edition
Supreme Edition
Absolute Edition
No offense intended, but these are terrible. And I would never claim that an edit I did was "Supreme."
With both edits being called the exact same thing, how does Mr. Rando know he's got the right edit if they're called the same thing? Divorced of context from FE.org and the IFDB, if someone found the files for the edits and they're labeled the same, who's to say what's what?
Well, they are not called the exact same thing. Mine has "The" in it. And this should not happen because I send my links out to people, I do not post them. They shouldn't get them from anywhere else. If they do, they are doing it wrong.

With a quick google search I found this;
Suicide Squad - The Suicide Squad
The Fast and The Furious - Fast and Furious
Predator - The Predator
The Evil Dead - Evil Dead
And many more, but I'm tired of typing.
If it can be done by actual for real movie studios for actual for real movie releases, why can't we?

Now, I have wasted too much time on this, this will be the last time I address this.

Many people told you that there is already a fanedit from Bobson Dugnutt (a very respected faneditor here) with a very similar name than yours, and instead of being fair and nice you are still deciding to keep your fanedit's name. Instead of being a nice person who is part of this community.
That's really not a good look on you and such a d*ck move.
Anyway...

Many people told you that there is already a fanedit from Bobson Dugnutt (a very respected faneditor here) with a very similar name than yours, and instead of being fair and nice you are still deciding to keep your fanedit's name. Instead of being a nice person who is part of this community.
That's really not a good look on you and such a d*ck move.
Anyway...
I'm only not changing the name because I don't see the big deal. You and everyone else are making something out of nothing. It doesn't take a genius to see the difference between the two. And although I am getting pretty irritated with all of this, I have been pretty cordial with my responses. I have not called anyone a dick like you just did. If someone wants to think I'm being a dick, then I guess that's on them and their immaturity. Anyway...

I'm only not changing the name because I don't see the big deal.
It's extremely distracting (it's all anyone in the thread can even think of posting about), your reaction is out of the ordinary (most would respectfully change their title rather than continue to using someone else's unapologetically), and those things together makes it hard as a reader of the thread to understand your reasoning, leaving us ultimately confused.

Back
Top Bottom