• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League - The Spence Edit

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Few more remarks:

- 10:11 - that Whedon shot is really ugly (obvious greenscreen) and sticks like a sore thumb.
- "It wants to fly" subplot is one of first things I would remove to shorten a runtime. Also, the scene with Atlantean soldier being interrogated.
- why use 1.78:1 for Smallville scenes? (to be honest, I'm not a fan of shifting AR)
- really missing opening WW action scene

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Few more remarks:

- 10:11 - that Whedon shot is really ugly (obvious greenscreen) and sticks like a sore thumb.
- "It wants to fly" subplot is one of first things I would remove to shorten a runtime. Also, the scene with Atlantean soldier being interrogated.
- why use 1.78:1 for Smallville scenes? (to be honest, I'm not a fan of shifting AR)
- really missing opening WW action scene
Honestly because of the way the Smallville scenes are framed, it worked better. It's one of the few times Snyder actually utilizes the entire frame for visual information. If it was 2:35:1 we'd lose the shot of the swing. And it looks nice.

boazz750

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The editing is generally wonderful, except for three issues:
(1) Noticeable audio transition after "Men won't, but SHE will" (21:30)
(2) Weird sequencing immediately after the above timestamp. While it's nice to see how the Amazons set the fire in the Parthenon, it is not necessary - Diana's scene at the Louvre is sufficient to convey that information in a more believable way. In the current edit, we have two scenes in which Steppenwolf begins searching for the other two boxes (Russia -> STAR Labs ), and then we stop that to see Diana's reaction to the fire.
My suggestion: Cut the scene where Queen Hippolyta shoots the Arrow, and instead show Diana's scene at the museum, followed by her scene with Bruce and the exposition dump. After the line "if he's here, where is he?" cut to the Chernobyl sequence, followed by STAR Labs. You can cut Stone's apartment and instead show the interrogation of the Atlanteans. And move Lois's scene to someplace later - it feels disjoint from everything else happening.
(3) Some more trimming is needed. For example, Steppenwolf explains (?) to the Parademons about the Unity for some reason, but then Diana's story about the Age of Heroes explains it again - in a better way. Another example: Cyborg's origin story is referenced multiple times in the film, and that - together with the Flash's introduction - slows down the film to a near halt.

thricegreat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched this a few days ago through recommendation of a mate. I'll admit, it's the closest thing to a hypothetical Snyder theatrical cut that exists on the internet. Clean, balanced and smoothly edited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom