• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since there was no one to provide any feedback on work-in-progress version I've fixed few little things in the "Stage 2 - Remixed" cut and proceed to work on the "Stage 3 - Grindhoused" edit. If any further errors will be detected, I will try fix them for the Blu-ray release.

"REMIXED" version is basically ZSJL shortened to 194 minutes with some little theatrical additions, some scenes moved to another place, and reframed to widescreen.

Faneditor Name: Gieferg
Original Movie Title: Zack Snyder's Justice League
Franchise: DCEU
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Fanedit Release Date: 22.06.2021
Fanedit Running Time: 194 minutes

Brief Synopsis:
47 minutes shorter, restructured and reframed to 2.31:1 cut of ZSJL with some theatrical additions and new opening credits sequence based on "Motherbox clip". Some scenes has been rearranged - for example: Bruce Wayne starts searching for Aquaman after the "history lesson" and we meet Flash earlier. Movie ends just like theatrical cut without extended epilogue.

Details:

- edit opens with Lois visiting Superman memorial place, some flashbacks to Superman's death occurs
- then Wonder Woman's introduction - terrorist fight scene (ZSJL version, with some few shots from theatrical added, and some little cuts, ends with similar fashion like theatrical cut), cuts to...
- Themyscira - motherbox awakens / Opening Credits
- after the credits Steppenwolf arrives / Amazon battle occurs (ZSJL version)
- Flash introduction - Iris scene, a little shortened
- Steppenwolf startinng to build his fortress, sends parademons to search for motherboxes
- Batman on the roof scene from Theatrical, but Bruce doesn't talk with the burglar at all. Alfred says "What the hell", Bruce responds "the scout", Alfred says "It's time then". No image of motherboxes on the wall.
- Silas leaving labs, janitor abducted as in ZSJL
- arrow scene
- Tomb Raider scene cut
- then Silas talking about the kidnapping, scene starts with "eight people never sign off", he comes back home
- Steppenwolf talk with De Saad.
- history leeson, no mention of anti-life equation
- after that, Bruce starts to search for Arthur...
- Bruce meets Arthur, song shortened no sweater sniffing
- Martha mourning
- Bruce & Alfred conversation by the helicopter
- Steppenwolf interrogating atlantean soldier CUT
- Bruce & Alfred in plane - ZSJL version shortened, Alfred has no doubts as he already seen parademon
- Fisherman rescue, meeting with Vulko
- Bruce & Diana making plans
- Cyborg origin with few cuts (hacking college computer, destroying tape recorder - it won't be relevant later).
- Diana & Alfred (no tea, added a little bit from TC)
- Diana meets Cyborg and until Mera & Aquaman scene everything like in ZSJL, then line "my parents died in a war" changed to theatrical version
- beginning of chapter 4 replaced with Theatrical version up until the team reaches stairs and the bridge, because I prefer theatrical music, and it's a little shorter.
- from the stairs we're back to ZSJL, but I'm adding some theatrical bits here and there" "Save one person" dialogue (some patching with Elfman's score needed here), then actual saving by Flash
- theatrical version of sword scene (intertwined with ZSJL to have proper Steppenwolf), Wondy kills parademon during landing
- starting from Aquaman appearance, theatrical version of escape from the tunnel + additional scene with Gordon from TC
- ZSJL version of discussion about reviving Supes
- Martian Manhunter deleted, obviously
- Steppenwolf/Desaad/Darkseid scene CUT
- shortened sequence after exhumation (part ZSJL, part TC).
- Cyborg's vision during Supes resurrection CUT
- pregnancy test CUT
- TC version of Supes vs Flash
- Quarantine scenes with Silas CUT
- Bruce talking about his nightmares CUT
- "It wants to fly" subplot CUT
- final battle ZSJL almost complete, minus "Kal-El" line.
- Darkseid does not say a word, just walk away silently
- Aquaman epilogue scene intact, after that theatrical epilogue with Cyborg's scene from ZSJL epilogue.
- end credits
- post credits scene - Flash & Supes race.

1080p, 2.31:1 AR, English audio 5.1 448 kbps, Polish audio 2.0 192 kbps.

Version 1.0 available as MP4 file (14 GB), Blu-ray version will be there as soon as I find the time to finish subtitles for it (polish only).

----

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Out of curiosity - how long usually is the duration of that "pending moderation" for submitted edits?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed that edit very much, you used a small percentage of Josstice, but the small touches served the edit well, and I do like Lois' speech at the end so glad you preserved it.

I told you in PM, but the earliest stab at an edit of this involved starting with Lois at Clark's memorial, so kudos for thinking alike there, it is a very good place to start, and the flashbacks only help to enhance it, giving better context to the story than just "Superman dies", now we see how important Lois was to Clark's motivation, which of course dovetails perfectly well into how she is 'the key' thematically.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And what you think about the aspect ratio?

and I do like Lois' speech at the end so glad you preserved it.

I feel ZSJL ending is just a little too much Cyborg-centric. It looked like a good idea to have Lois at the beginning and at the end.
Also, I like theatrical ending but I dont know if I will ever again revisit theatrical version, so I put it here.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And once again, it's back. If someone wants to see it,, you know how to find me ;)

Top Bottom