• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Justice League Grindhoused

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We don't allow public discussion of the own-the-source-rule. If people have questions, please direct them to a staff member via PM.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Gieferg Would you be able to possibly re-upload the trailer of the film? Thanks in advance for your time.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little disclaimer - JL Grindhoused is my definitive take on that movie, a project that I particularly care for, and since I haven't got any feedback (except one review from Blueyoda - thx again), currently it's the only one of my JL edits that will be available for the near future.

Last edited:

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little disclaimer - JL Grindhoused is my definitive take on that movie, a project that I particularly care for, and since I haven't got any feedback (except one review from Blueyoda - thx again), currently it's the only one of my JL edits that will be available for the near future.
@Gieferg I will 100% review it for you the moment I finish watching it; thanks again for all of your efforts!

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched it a few days ago and intend to write a review as soon as I have the time (it has been a busy week). LOVED it! Loads of fun!

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched this last week and it's now my go-to version. Not that I'd ever want to watch the original again, I couldn't even finish the theatrical cut, much less the 4 hours long Snyder cut. But this is tremendously enjoyable. The way DC should have made these movies instead of trying to (badly) imitate Marvel.

Please check out my review here: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/justice-league-grindhoused/

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, one of the purposes, besides having a version that is fast and simple (without unnecessary, subplots, sequel baits etc), was also increasing the "fun factor" - and that started from the idea of song replacement for the big Flash scene (which of course doesn't fit to more common approach of "Remixed" edit). I hope there are at least several funny moments thanks to the added songs and some additional sfx (some of which are taken from Mortal Kombat 2 game).
A few little Whedon's bits landed there for the exact same reason (at one point I've been considering putting there the infamous scene with Flash falling on WW, but one of the key shots didn't work well in wide aspect ratio and I've ultimately abandoned the idea). The soundtrack is in many places "Tarantino-inspired" obviously.

You've mentioned "controversial song" in your review, is that Hooked on a Feeling?

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched it a few days ago and intend to write a review as soon as I have the time (it has been a busy week). LOVED it! Loads of fun!

Many thanks for the review, glad you've enjoyed it :)
May I ask which song(s) you mean here? :) (you may spoiler tag it or just sent me PM if you like).

(I even anticipated a few, thinking "will it dare or won't it" - it did!)

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I ask which song(s) you mean here? :) (you may spoiler tag it or just sent me PM if you like).
Mainly to Queen's Flash Gordon theme. I thought it had to be a given, and I'd be quite disappointed if you hadn't used it. Also, the sixties Batman theme! All it was missing was the Super Friends fanfare at the end! :)

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The first one you've mentioned was the whole reason I started working on that edit, the second one was last minute addition, and the third I wasn't familiar with, so it's not there.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now also available as 22,5 GB Blu-ray.ISO with menus.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BionicBob said:
While not every song choice worked for me, many were indeed inspired, even bordering on genius.

Out of curiosity, may I ask for some specific examples of scenes/songs mentioned above? :) (especially that which "not worked")

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Out of curiosity, may I ask for some specific examples of scenes/songs mentioned above? :)

Loved both HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO and FLASH GORDON. These are full on HERO moments for me!

That you were able to use music from the Planet of the Apes franchise creating a very London 60s gangster vibe was very clever.

While I thought the music during the Paradise Island was VERY grindhouse, it played a bit over long for me and could have been cut more to the beat of the music.

HOOKED ON A FEELING made me smile.

While the music in the Aquaman/Bruce scene is again very grindhouse, to me it did not fit or alter the mood/tone enough for me.

Really enjoyed the new music in the Mera fight sequence.

PAINTED BLACK worked nicely. Though I think it worked better in the final action packed act than in the rescue scene.

While it was nice to hear the 1990 Flash theme, I think it would have worked better if the scene was cut more to beats of the music.

The fight between the League and Superman was appropriately epic.

For me, the final song I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE with the full League hero shot didn't really work.

Those are the things that immediately pop to mind without doing a rewatch.

All in all, fun stuff.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for detailed answer :)

These are full on HERO moments for me!

These are probably the scenes I'm most happy with (along with Wonder Woman fight at the beginning, Aquaman leaving the bar, Steppy's first arrival, Supes Vs League fight and the moments leading to his resurrection).
In that kind of project there are always scenes where you know exactly what to put in, and all the rest which must be filled with something. The final song I wasn't quite sure of, works better mood-wise than lyrics-wise, but still definitely better than anything else I've tried to put there.

And who would knew, there's Jimi Hendrix' song where he actually mentioned Atlantis?

Top Bottom