- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
EDIT: The "Stage 2" edit is complete (at least I hope so), so this thread will now focus on "Stage 3 - Grindhoused" edit.
This time Europe is in luck, as we've got physical release earlier, so I'm finally able to start.
The goal is to use ZSJL as a foundation, reframe whole thing to 2.35:1, cut some fat, add some theatrical scenes here and there and get a running time around 3 hrs.
This project evolved through time, it will actually be three edits:
STAGE 1 - reframed to 2.31:1, removed epilogue after shirt rip and martha manhunter scene, running time around 227 minutes
STAGE 2 - remixed (details below), around 194 minutes
STAGE 3 - Grindhoused - focused on action, around 140 minutes.
First thing to cut is obviously the extended epilogue. Movie ends just fine at shirt rip scene (but I feel, red & blue suit is more appropriate here). Second thing - Martha Manhunter must go as it was completely pointless.
I intend to replace prologue with something shorter, here's first take on the opening sequence, unfortunately I wasn't able to find this clip in better quality.
Of course logos at the beginning will be replaced, and some more credits added (like Danny Elfman).
Some things which I will try:
- I'm toying with some ideas for a scene to put before opening credits, and there are two contenders - musem fight or Amazon fight with Steps.
- museum fight ends just like in theatrical cut, the whole sequence will be a mix of theatrical and ZSJL
- add some theatrical scenes like "save one person", "working with others" and some more
- [maybe] use Lois' narration at the end, but re-edit accompanying footage (especially shot with Silas still alive and kicking must go).
- I feel that Bruce searching for Arthur should take place after the history lesson, not before
- some Star labs stuff will be cut/shortened
- no knightmares or cyborg vision
- I will probably cut antilife equation and leave only cameo of Darkseid at the end
And maybe some re-scoring on top of that if audio track allow it.
PS. There's still no answer to my question for merging my old account (that was tied to old e-mail which I lost) and new one. It would be weird if that will be considered my debut, more than decade after my edits landed on this site for a first time