• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jurassic World Trilogy

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had the misfortune of going to see this. Worst movie I've seen in a long while. I only watched it because the wife and I took our son out to see a movie while his siblings were away and this was his choice (the other feasible option was Lightyear, so from the sounds of it I was doomed from the start). THis one is the first time I found myself getting fidgety and uncomfortable in the fancy, cushy recliner seats the local cinema has switched over to.
I enjoyed the first movie and tolerated the second. I've ignored & avoided the rest. Heck, even the old characters drug into this one seem confused as to why there are there.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We'll agree to disagree. ;) I'm pretty sure our tastes in movies are quite different.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had the misfortune of going to see this. Worst movie I've seen in a long while. I only watched it because the wife and I took our son out to see a movie while his siblings were away and this was his choice (the other feasible option was Lightyear, so from the sounds of it I was doomed from the start).
Isn't "Top Gun: Maverick" still in theaters?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speaking of dinosaur movies, here's a quality, thoughtful discussion of the four most significant screen adaptations of Doyle's The Lost World novel, and how they reflect on the history of European colonization and conquest of the Americas. (And it features a brief analysis of The Lost World: Jurassic Park, also.)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JURASSIC WORLD III DOMINION is now currently streaming and I am so happy I waited.
If I had paid to see this in a theatre I would have been pissed.

It is a Terrible movie.

A great sci-fi concept completely wasted and run into the ground and then repeatedly stomped upon. While WORLD is right there in the title, this sequel franchise never rises above being a Park Run Amuck story. It has nothing fresh or new to say.

And as a Popcorn-Park-Your-Brain-At-The-Door flick, it fails to deliver as it just recycles and repackages all the gags from the five previous installments with a bigger budget but with none of the energy or excitement.

The teaming up of the OG JP with nuJW mostly plays awkward and is an example of how NOT to do Nostalgia/Fan Service.

While I liked small bits and pieces, for the most part I was just cringing and looking at my watch.

Skip and go back and watch the original classic.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched twice, what can I say, still prefer it over 2, 3 and 5.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a hard time ranking them. The original is clearly the best. The Lost Work, III, and Jurassic World all have their faults, but are watchable. Fallen Kingdom is too boring to bother re-watching, and Dominion is just awful. Serious, how do you go from a series about dinosaurs and turn it into bugs?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still say, Jurassic World 1, the indominous rex should have had pterodactyl wings and dilophosaurus acid spit, and should have been called "a dragon". People are bored with dinosaurs so we made... a dinosaur. Please clap.

Jurassic World 2, the volcano being active retroactively makes the entire series stupid. Even if everything went according to plan, it was always doomed. Instead, someone should have taken the Barbasol can from JP1 in a 1995 flashback, as a cold open. Then the "haunted" mansion plot where the "ghosts" are dinosaurs could have been just dumb fun with no volcano required.

Jurassic World 3, should have been Mad Max with dinosaurs. Full post apocalypse.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eh, if a company is bold enough to figure it can clone dinosaurs for a theme park, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to add that it thinks it can develop tech to control/manage a dormant (or so they think) volcano. IIRC, the novel The Lost World established that Isla Sorna was run on simmering volcanic energy.

(As for the Barbasol can, they clearly stated its DNA-preserving chill would only last a few hours.)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(As for the Barbasol can, they clearly stated its DNA-preserving chill would only last a few hours.)
Hence the flashback to 1995. Or was JP1 a different year? 93?

If they controlled the volcano that'd be terrific, the element out of their control should have always been: dinos.

lazorid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the first Jurassic World, although it lost the complexity that the first two movies had. The movie felt more like an average summer blockbuster or monster movie in tone in comparison to the Jurassic Park movies. 6.75/10

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom had a really bad plot. There are several moments that lack coherency like that one boring guy surviving volcanic ash and the boat somehow traveling from the eastern coast to the western coast. The only things I liked about the movie were the suspense and the better effects. 5.5/10.

Jurassic World: Dominion is probably worse than Jurassic Park 3, which says a lot. The films narrative feels very uninspired and the way the story unfolded was executed poorly. There were a few cool moments I guess like the Therizenosaurus and bike chase, but even those felt dull. 4.25/10.

Top Bottom