• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jurassic World: Blockbuster Edition (90's style edit)

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smithers said:
ironman23 said:
Link to my latest test-

Works fine for me, the musical transition to the kids watching the shark get eaten is a little jarring but other than that it's great!

Awesome! On your note earlier about Lowry (jurassic park shirt guy) I don't think I can completely remove him from the film since we need someone to release the T-rex later on. I did however, remove most, if not all his jokes such as the first control room scene (I don't think we need that one personally.)

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I understand, I hate the scene where they talk about him having the Jurrassic Park shirt and all references to him having dinosaur toys, it's stupid. However I do like the "I have a boyfriend" scene, I actually find it quite funny

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smithers said:
I understand, I hate the scene where they talk about him having the Jurrassic Park shirt and all references to him having dinosaur toys, it's stupid. However I do like the "I have a boyfriend" scene, I actually find it quite funny

I totally agree, that scene will definitely stay

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I now have the second version uploaded to Mega!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched IM23's latest version last night, and I am very excited to say that when he officially releases it, it's going to be awesome. Very well paced, cleanly edited. Nothing that was cut was missed. Dare I say FEOTM material.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This has been submitted to the Academy for review. Please be patient, we'll get to previewing it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Thread moved to "pending".

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This has been submitted to the Academy for review. Please be patient, we'll get to previewing it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Thread moved to "pending".

Your welcome, and gladly  :) take as long as you need.

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a quick preview of what's to come in this edit (don't worry, we're almost there guys!)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched @ironman23's "Jurassic World: Blockbuster Edition" and it's gonna be a good fanedit :) . The editing is mostly invisible but due to one big error it's not quite Academy-Approved just yet (I've detailed that below).

Overall this a tightly edited version with a whopping 25 minutes trimmed, without it feeling hacked to pieces. It doesn't really fix any parts that I personally disliked in the movie but I'm sure that's just down to my taste. However, the removal of the entire Vincent D'Onofrio character and subplot was really cool and a textbook bit of fanediting! Arguably it improves Pratt's character since he now appears more decisive, due to his actions being entirely of his own design. I think it also served to make the Raptor/Bloodhound scene seem more credible because now Pratt doesn't spend the first half of the movie repeatedly saying what a dumbass idea it would be :D .

The one thing that needs fixed before I can approve this is...

01.14.24 - You left in two closeup shots of Vincent D'Onofrio watching the screens. Surely this is an error as he's absent from all other scenes?

While you are going back to fix that, there are a few other minor things that certainly wouldn't cause me not to approve this edit but might be worth taking a look at again if you agree...

00.00.11 - The opening "own the source" fanedit disclaimer is a good idea but IMO starting with the sentence "I do not own any of this material..." sounds wrong. Perhaps something like "I do not claim copyright of this material..." would be clearer.
00.03.53 - Music change is pretty decent in execution but still noticeable. Maybe it could be further finessed? It's a good idea to not make a music edit on the same frame as you make a video cut. Try fading the music across a few seconds before the cut. It helps trick the viewer into thinking it always sounded like that because they aren't watching a cut at the same time.
00.59.47 - You can still hear the crying about Masrani on this brief control room shot. It just seems a little odd given that you remove the next shot showing the woman crying.
01.18.14 - Is the B.D.Wong evacuation scene needed as the InGen subplot isn't a factor here? But it also might work better if it was cut into the middle of the evacuation montage after the public announcement, to give it some context.
01.18.25 - "Is this what you had in mind?". Who is he speaking to and what is he speaking about? Maybe it's just a general expression of resignation but since the tech guy no longer has the beef with D'Onofrio, this could go.

Let me know if any of my points need clarification.

p.s. A lot of people here like edits to be less than 4GB for convenient memory-stick TV-viewing (Personally I don't, I prefer a bit of extra quality). As your edit is just slightly larger at 4.04 GB it might be worth slightly adjusting the bitrate. It wouldn't make any noticeably difference to reduce the file by 0.04 of a GB. Just a suggestion.

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I just watched @ironman23's "Jurassic World: Blockbuster Edition" and it's gonna be a good fanedit :) . The editing is mostly invisible but due to one big error it's not quite Academy-Approved just yet (I've detailed that below).

Overall this a tightly edited version with a whopping 25 minutes trimmed, without it feeling hacked to pieces. It doesn't really fix any parts that I personally disliked in the movie but I'm sure that's just down to my taste. However, the removal of the entire Vincent D'Onofrio character and subplot was really cool and a textbook bit of fanediting! Arguably it improves Pratt's character since he now appears more decisive, due to his actions being entirely of his own design. I think it also served to make the Raptor/Bloodhound scene seem more credible because now Pratt doesn't spend the first half of the movie repeatedly saying what a dumbass idea it would be :D .

The one thing that needs fixed before I can approve this is...

01.14.24 - You left in two closeup shots of Vincent D'Onofrio watching the screens. Surely this is an error as he's absent from all other scenes?

While you are going back to fix that, there are a few other minor things that certainly wouldn't cause me not to approve this edit but might be worth taking a look at again if you agree...

00.00.11 - The opening "own the source" fanedit disclaimer is a good idea but IMO starting with the sentence "I do not own any of this material..." sounds wrong. Perhaps something like "I do not claim copyright of this material..." would be clearer.
00.03.53 - Music change is pretty decent in execution but still noticeable. Maybe it could be further finessed? It's a good idea to not make a music edit on the same frame as you make a video cut. Try fading the music across a few seconds before the cut. It helps trick the viewer into thinking it always sounded like that because they aren't watching a cut at the same time.
00.59.47 - You can still hear the crying about Masrani on this brief control room shot. It just seems a little odd given that you remove the next shot showing the woman crying.
01.18.14 - Is the B.D.Wong evacuation scene needed as the InGen subplot isn't a factor here? But it also might work better if it was cut into the middle of the evacuation montage after the public announcement, to give it some context.
01.18.25 - "Is this what you had in mind?". Who is he speaking to and what is he speaking about? Maybe it's just a general expression of resignation but since the tech guy no longer has the beef with D'Onofrio, this could go.

Let me know if any of my points need clarification.

p.s. A lot of people here like edits to be less than 4GB for convenient memory-stick TV-viewing (Personally I don't, I prefer a bit of extra quality). As your edit is just slightly larger at 4.04 GB it might be worth slightly adjusting the bitrate. It wouldn't make any noticeably difference to reduce the file by 0.04 of a GB. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for taking the time to view this and give your thoughts/critique of my edit :) I'll fix these as soon as I can and will upload once said fixes are made.

p.s. The time stamps you provided will be of great use for finding the problems mentioned, so again thank you!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ironman23 said:
Thank you for taking the time to view this and give your thoughts/critique of my edit :) I'll fix these as soon as I can and will upload once said fixes are made.

p.s. The time stamps you provided will be of great use for finding the problems mentioned, so again thank you!

No problem. Send me a PM when it's done.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've started watching the new version and the new disclaimer is worded just right, however...

The crossfade at 00.03.52 still doesn't sound quite right to me. So I had a go at mixing it myself to try and understand the problem. Here is a short clip I've uploaded...

^ Your mix plays first, my mix plays second (The visual cuts are identical).

What I did was this...

27775290933_18826958da_o.jpg

As you can see, I played the audio for the third clip all the way across the second clip and started fading it up long before the first cut is evenmade. It's not 100% perfect but sounds pretty smooth I think. I also played the central channel for running dinosaurs at 50% volume underneath just for the quick test. I'm guessing you added your own dinosaur soundfx to the clip, very nice work!

If you don't like the way I've done it, ignore me. Just my two cents.

I'll watch the rest of the edit as soon as I can :).

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've started watching the new version and the new disclaimer is worded just right, however...

The crossfade at 00.03.52 still doesn't sound quite right to me. So I had a go at mixing it myself to try and understand the problem. Here is a short clip I've uploaded...

^ Your mix plays first, my mix plays second (The visual cuts are identical).

What I did was this...

27775290933_18826958da_o.jpg

As you can see, I played the audio for the third clip all the way across the second clip and started fading it up long before the first cut is evenmade. It's not 100% perfect but sounds pretty smooth I think. I also played the central channel for running dinosaurs at 50% volume underneath just for the quick test. I'm guessing you added your own dinosaur soundfx to the clip, very nice work!

If you don't like the way I've done it, ignore me. Just my two cents.

I'll watch the rest of the edit as soon as I can :).

Seeing as to how you did a much better version of the sound transition and took the time to work on it, I can't and won't turn it away :) thank you again, you've been a tremendous help!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've rewatched the rest of the edit and all the improvements are working now (Except the one I mentioned above). However there is a new problem introduced...

01.31.33 - Just where you added the new JP theme to the end credits there is a digital glitch noise/click thing. Then the glitches continue throughout the piece. Also it doesn't sound quite loud enough when compared to other bits of music in the film.

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've rewatched the rest of the edit and all the improvements are working now (Except the one I mentioned above). However there is a new problem introduced...

01.31.33 - Just where you added the new JP theme to the end credits there is a digital glitch noise/click thing. Then the glitches continue throughout the piece. Also it doesn't sound quite loud enough when compared to other bits of music in the film.

Yea, I was afraid of that :-/ I'll either change it back or get a better source to replace it with.

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Btw, are these issues you mentioned deal breakers of any kind? If so, I'd be happy to re render another file

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ironman23 said:
Btw, are these issues you mentioned deal breakers of any kind? If so, I'd be happy to re render another file

The glitching in the music is a big problem. The music crossfade I mentioned is okay as it is... but could be better.

ironman23

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
ironman23 said:

The glitching in the music is a big problem. The music crossfade I mentioned is okay as it is... but could be better.

I understand, then I'll get to work on them as soon as possible. :)

Top Bottom