• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

June 2022 FEOTM Tie Breaker

What was your Favorite Edit of the month in June 2022?

• The Thing: The Musical aka Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars by Blueyoda

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Batman Forever: Red Book Edition - The 15th Anniversary Enhanced Edition by INIGHTMARES & Scaperat

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been a while since we've had a tie. Both The Thing: The Musical aka Escape from the Shining Alien Thing from Beyond the Stars and Batman Forever: Red Book Edition - The 15th Anniversary Enhanced Edition received 11 votes.

Users will have 7 days to vote between these two excellent edits.

TAKE NOTE:

• Voting is limited to active members who have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOW BEING STRICTLY ENFORCED:

• Faneditors are not allowed to vote for their own edit.
  • Faneditors are not allowed to solicit votes by PMing users or promoting the poll in other forums or social sites.

Anyone found voting for their own edit or soliciting votes will have their edit disqualified from the poll. No exceptions.

...and what if there is a tie again?
Then I win because no one wins and I don't have to write an article or make a graphic. ;)

Sit Down Relax GIF by BrownSugarApp

This is all basically my fault :cry:. It wouldn't have been a tie if I hadn't somehow missed the original vote for the brilliant Thing edit.

If the Oscars can...(and have ) tied...I say let the Tie live ...These edits deserve it IMHO

OSCAR TIES
Most recent Best Sound Editing Oscar — the editors from Zero Dark Thirty and Skyfall took home the award
1931-32, when Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde‘s Frederic March and The Champ‘s Wallace Beery each won the Best Actor award.
the rules at the time stated two winners would be honored if the count was within three votes. The rule subsequently changed.
In 1949, A Chance to Live and So Much for So Little both won the Best Documentary Short award.
Katharine Hepburn and Barbra Streisand tied for the Best Actress statuette in 1968, for their respective roles in The Lion in Winter and Funny Girl.
1986, when Artie Shaw: Time Is All You’ve Got and Down and Out in America were honored for Best Documentary.
Finally, Franz Kafka’s It’s a Wonderful Life and Trevor both won the Best Short Film (Live Action) award in 1995.

I'd vote, but I don't own The Thing and thus, can't choose which one is best in a fair manner. So, I'm gonna grab some popcorn and watch everyone else fight to the death over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom