• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jumper - Recut

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New title card, still a work in progress, it's not lined up or centred properly but it's starting to look better:

jumper-logo1.png

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would like to make a suggestion: please remove te voiceover if you can. It's very irritating in the film and largely goes over things the viewer can easily infer.

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess you'll be pleased to find out that I've already done that! :-D:p

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright people, I've finished my first cut and have watched it with other people, and got some great input! I still have many little changes and some things to fix when it comes to audio but the movie is way better now! I'd like to share my intro (I haven't finished the title card, it is low-res and is really long in this video, this is not the final product, just some progress) :
[video=youtube_share;8XQUsMLuKOA]

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think this is a really good cold open, completely in-medias-res. Great job.

But I have to wonder if maybe it's giving away the whole mystery aspect of the film a little too soon.

That is, it's a tradition to start off fantasy/sci-fi films with these teases that give away some of the magic and then recontextualize it something like 30 mins. later.

Have you considred maybe starting off Jumper without giving away any genre elements until Hayden Christensen's first visible jump occurs on-screen? Theoretically, you could cut this scene entirely then or have it appear once more later in the picture.

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting idea, but honestly the scene doesn't work anywhere else in the film and serves as a better introduction to the villain, in my edit, the protagonist's first jumps are in the first five minutes or less of the movie, so there isn't exactly much of a mystery

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smithers said:
Interesting idea, but honestly the scene doesn't work anywhere else in the film and serves as a better introduction to the villain, in my edit, the protagonist's first jumps are in the first five minutes or less of the movie, so there isn't exactly much of a mystery

Does your version include the 15-year old Christensen discovering his powers still at all?

While I agree that it might give a great intro to the villain, I feel doing this gives the audience a lot more information initially than to its main character. But that's definitely more a preference issue.

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah his origin story has been cut down significantly now, to about 7 minutes long

I like my intro though, and I don't feel that there is any mystery or information to be preserved here

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smithers said:
Yeah his origin story has been cut down significantly now, to about 7 minutes long

I like my intro though, and I don't feel that there is any mystery or information to be preserved here

I got it. And it is, like I said, a great cold open.

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the thinner letters. Reminds me of the Terminator font, btw.

Will you be making a subtitle to designate this as a fancut as well?

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh, yeah it kinda does look like terminator, here's the subtitled version, forgot to add it earlier:
jumper-logo1_2.png

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! Will the sub fade in a few secs after the title or show up with it immediately?

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The subtitle will fade in within a few seconds

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Because I like tedious questions about unimportant things.

Neosmith

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Because I like tedious questions about unimportant things.

Can you please clarify - is that a jab at my earlier questions?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nah, it's an extension of your question. I saw the opportunity to make a stupid joke and I took it.

Top Bottom