• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Judgment Day. A T1 and T2 fanedit

Rebue posted on Skynet Fanedit Doom Base:

The 51st maniac ruthlessly cuts from the first movie, and that part works surprisingly well as a compact experience with concentrated action—this is less difficult to admit than I'd thought, as I'm fond of The Terminator and see the theatrical version as nearly flawless.

The first part gave me elevated expectations going into part two, in which the editing is less ruthless, but the experience is still very enjoyable, because—I mean, fuck—it's T2. And John Connor's douchiness quotient is dialed down considerably, to the film's benefit.

Serious nitpick, though: the lack of modification of the "Bad to the Bone" scene. If it's essential to the narrative that Sarah Connor freaks majorly over seeing the T-800 in the asylum, we should also be treated to ambiguity and a good dose of menace when we first see him. ThrowgnCpr set the standard for correcting this storytelling problem, and now I expect any T2 fanedit to righteously nuke that song—pardon the apocalyptic metaphor.

Video quality is excellent nearly everywhere except for touches of old-time videogamey blocking in red-saturated scenes. There's also a small discrepancy between the vertical dimensions of the two films. Lastly, the MP4 file retained black bars above and below the feature, and I would have preferred those removed.

Nits combed aside, this edit's a great way to revisit two akshun classics. Nice job, Dispatcher of the First 50 Maniacs!

Enjoyjoy: nine out of ten semi trucks driven by homicidal AIs

ssj said:
Serious nitpick, though: the lack of modification of the "Bad to the Bone" scene. If it's essential to the narrative that Sarah Connor freaks majorly over seeing the T-800 in the asylum, we should also be treated to ambiguity and a good dose of menace when we first see him. ThrowgnCpr set the standard for correcting this storytelling problem, and now I expect any T2 fanedit to righteously nuke that song—pardon the apocalyptic metaphor.

I think a lot to the overall tone of T2 needs editing in order to accomplish this lol. I need to see this edit ASAP and see the changes made. Also, SSJ, check your PM.

ssj said:
Video quality is excellent nearly everywhere except for touches of old-time videogamey blocking in red-saturated scenes.

Could you perhaps please post a screengrab of this "blocking" Mr ssj? Thanks.

[screen grabs sent by PM to tm2yc]

the scenes with blocking are clustered after the 31-minute mark, iirc. the rest of the edit looks fabuous.

Back
Top Bottom