• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

John Wick: Point Blank Cut (By TM2YC)

Wow. First Mad Max: Black & Chrome and now this! I am loving the noir-B&W-hyper-violent-action aesthetic. I've only seen the various test vimeos so far, but this looks amazing. I'm definitely on board with cutting out a lot of the slowness and getting right to the good stuff. And even the box art is stunning! I can't wait to see more! :D

The Bonus Colour version of this fanedit is uploaded and ready to go (PM if interested).

It's all been regraded to tone down excessive green tinting but I haven't radically regraded the movie. Except one scene which I've switched from warm and sunny, to overcast and grey.

Only 11 days to go 'til John Wick 2!  :) I quite like this new UK poster. "The man. The myth. The legend."...

32587919072_2ffd08cd13_c.jpg

rebue posted on artillerydatabase:

Heartwarming story about a cat named Keanu and his dog. . . well, his ex-dog. Also a touching portrayal of parental expectations.

Told with economy.
Presented in warm black & white.
Technically perfect, as TM2YC's edits usually are.

I love the idea of this edit, the movie is the best think KR has done in years. His presence in the movie not really felt until he takes out the sledgehammer, then it's on. I was reading the original; edit was 2hrs 20mins long for this film. Has anyone tried to get a hold of the full original edit, and re-edit it totally from that? I'd love to see it in the original cut as much as a recut of the original version done with a bit of TM2YC magic.  Although I can't find a link to look at sourcing this edit anywhere, am I missing something here?

cheers
Jays

acejays said:
I was reading the original; edit was 2hrs 20mins long for this film. Has anyone tried to get a hold of the full original edit, and re-edit it totally from that? I'd love to see it in the original cut as much as a recut of the original versio

I'm really confused as to what you mean? If by "Has anyone tried to get a hold of the full original edit? / I'd love to see it in the original cut", you mean "Where do I get the original version?". The answer is to buy a copy.

I think he's referring to a non-released, early cut of the film.

TM2YC said:
acejays said:
I was reading the original; edit was 2hrs 20mins long for this film. Has anyone tried to get a hold of the full original edit, and re-edit it totally from that? I'd love to see it in the original cut as much as a recut of the original versio

I'm really confused as to what you mean? If by "Has anyone tried to get a hold of the full original edit? / I'd love to see it in the original cut", you mean "Where do I get the original version?". The answer is to buy a copy.

Hi,
It was mentioned in the commentary of the dvd with Chad Stahelski & David Leitch
Their first “director’s cut” was two hours and twenty minutes, thirty-nine minutes longer than the film’s theatrical cut. 
I wasn't asking for a source of the reported 2hr 20min copy, only if anyone had heard about it still existing, if not then no problem.
With regards to the movie, I already own a copy, no need to buy another :)
all the best
Jays

DominicCobb said:
I think he's referring to a non-released, early cut of the film.
Thanks for clarifying my question, yes I was asking about a non-released version. 
Just of it's existence, though, not a source. After running a video my own store for nearly 5yrs and watching an average of 3 movies a day in that time I genuinely love seeing alternative versions of releases. A different perspective.
It appears like I've asked the wrong question openly, that wasn't my intention.
cheers
Jays

Ah, now I understand, apologies. If JW2 goes gangbusters, maybe they'll get to do an extended cut of JW1 with the increased demand?

I suspect the ending was somewhat different. Having watched the film very closely as I edited I noticed that these two shots of Vigo from the final showdown are not actually Vigo/Michael Nyqvist (I'm pretty sure)...

31991014894_ffafb8d02d_o.png

The second one looks very much like Vigo's uber-assassin Kirill (Daniel Bernhardt). In the cut we know he dies 20 minutes earlier. As he is the only guy who can defeat John (In two scenes) it would have been natural for John to have faced him the final showdown and maybe Vigo escaped in the helicopter? I'm talking about this guy...

John-Wick-Daniel-Bernhardt-plays-Kirill-Hmmm-an-upgrade.jpg

Or maybe Michael Nyqvist was just sick on the days they shot those bits?

This is actually one of the few fanedits on here that I have on my to watch list. I really enjoy John Wick and I just picked up Chapter 2 a couple of days ago. After watching marathoning JW and JW Chapter 2 back-to-back, I'm curious as to if you're coming to do a Point Blank Cut of Chapter 2?

Just here to say I LOVE THIS CUT. It is now my official version in my library. Clean, straight to the point, just masterful. 

Big fan, shout to TM2YC!

Back
Top Bottom