• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Jerry Goldsmith

FantasyWorkshop

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just thaught Id put out there how much of a fan I am of Jerry Goldsmith, ashame he's gone.
I like alot of other composers- John Williams, Alan Silvestri, Mark Isham, Don Davis, Steve Jablonsky, - but by far, Jerry is my favorite. His music actually gives me goosebumps whenever I listen to his music- Supergirl, Hollowman, Exploreres- his music is just so naturally uplifting. & He'd be my dream composer who Id like to cpmpose anything I could ever hope to do.

I think his best score is to Star Trek The Motion Picture. Mean, moody, magnificent. I do like his score to Innerspace as well. Hell, I like all his scores. Another favorite of mine is James Horner. Some say his do sound alike, but there's something about them that you can't help but love.

Jerry was a true master. His style and approach was always changing and evolving. As skilled with synth as he was with an orchestra.

Some faves off the top of my head: Star Trek, Apes, Mulan, The Omen, Alien Nation (Rejected), Total Recall (Even if he did rip off the main title from Basil Poledouris' Conan) The Shadow, and pretty much all his Joe Dante scores (The 'burbs, Gremlins 1 & 2, Innerspace, Explorers.)

Uncanny Antman said:
Total Recall (Even if he did rip off the main title from Basil Poledouris' Conan)

To the point I only realized recently that it was not Poledouris who scored Total Recall...!

Jerry Goldsmith's extremely short fake tv show theme Badge of Honor from his L.A. Confidential score is the greatest cop show theme ever recorded. Fact.

Im not Star Trek fan, but will have to check out the soundtrack knowing Goldsmith composed it.

^Star Treks 1, 5, 8, 9, and 10. (And the Voyager main title.)

Back
Top Bottom