• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

JediSith Archives (A "Missing" Blu-ray Special features "Preservation" Idea)

darthtron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know if this has been brought up before:

I have an awesome preservation/Custom BD idea for the completist out there.

I think we should create a three disc or more (as needed) BD Special Features collection to Supplement the complete saga's Bonus features.

The First Discs would contain the bonus features from the official Prequel trilogy DVDs. We could either create custom menus or recreation /"use still frames" of the original menus on a Custom BD Disc.

The second Disc would contain the Extras from the "Definitive Edition" Laser-disc collection plus the features from the official "Star wars Trilogy" DVD Bonus feature disc on a Custom BD. The Menus could be totally custom menus or recreation/"use of still frames" of/from the original menus.

The third disc (and any additional needed) would contain Documentaries and other features, that we felt would be needed, that are not available on the official BDs. The Menus could be totally custom menus or menus in the style of the original menus from the other discs.
These could be either single or dual layer disc.

I think we should call the project/set of discs:
" The JediSith Archives " .

Also, If you want to see what special features on the official BDs you can go here to read a review that contians a list:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Star-Wars-Blu-ray/14903/#Review

Or you can go here for a more in depth listing of the special features:
http://www.examiner.com/dvd-in-new-...rs-the-complete-saga-list-of-special-features

What Do you all think?

I would be willing to help in anyway I could on the project. However, I don't have the best skills in this area, so I would be willing to be a project co-manager/co-leader, If others were willing to work on such a project.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Preservation definition (found right here on this forum):
Compilations of documentaries, making-of’s, behind-the-scenes, interviews and other specials which contain material NOT available on VHS, LaserDisc or Commercial DVDs.

See where I'm going with this? ;):)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El, thats why he has posted in "Custom Projects".

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, damn, silly me. Didn't even realize that section existed... sonofa...Jeeszj... uhm... move along! :)
attachment.php

darthtron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
HAHAH, Kal-El that is why i put Preservation in quation marks!!!!!!!

So anyway What do you all think about the project idea?

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My answer, as well as anyone else's here (most of us are SW geeks) should be pretty straight-forward:
Awesome! Get on with it! Right on! Etc... :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I came back over here to get a look on the progress. Was this merely a suggestion, or do you plan working on them yourself?
I've just seen AvP's ILM doc, and I've got a hankering for A LOT more OT docs/making of features :)

Top Bottom