• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

JAWS The Sharksploitation Edit

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I should mention, though I gave a 10/10 rating I remember now that there was one tiny thing I would have changed. I think all of the music should have been kept old school, as I believe there was something modern thrown in (the big shark attack on the beach). I wasn't too crazy with the music and felt it was out of place compared to the rest of the film. I would have looked at something more 70's inspired (Black Sabbath, etc.) for that scene. That said though, that was my only gripe. I still LOVE this edit and recommend it to all!!!

P.S.,
After watching this edit again I noticed there were more "modern" tunes used than I remembered (like Metallica for the end credits), but they seemed to flow more nicely with the film. I guess it's just that one song I wasn't crazy about :grin:

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I should mention, though I gave a 10/10 rating I remember now that there was one tiny thing I would have changed. I think all of the music should have been kept old school, as I believe there was something modern thrown in (the big shark attack on the beach). I wasn't too crazy with the music and felt it was out of place compared to the rest of the film. I would have looked at something more 70's inspired (Black Sabbath, etc.) for that scene. That said though, that was my only gripe. I still LOVE this edit overall and recommend it to all!!!

P.S.,
After watching this edit again I noticed there were more "modern" tunes used than I remembered (like Metallica for the end credits), but they seemed to flow more nicely with the film. I guess it's just that one song I wasn't crazy about :grin:

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jamiemark said:
I should mention, though I gave a 10/10 rating I remember now that there was one tiny thing I would have changed. I think all of the music should have been kept old school, as I believe there was something modern thrown in (the big shark attack on the beach). I wasn't too crazy with the music and felt it was out of place compared to the rest of the film. I would have looked at something more 70's inspired (Black Sabbath, etc.) for that scene. That said though, that was my only gripe. I still LOVE this edit overall and recommend it to all!!!

P.S.,

Well Iggy is "old school" (but still kicking ass!) but "go for the throat" is indeed a song from one of his recent album "Beat'em up", an album not so appreciate by the critics and some fans because of its kind of "metal" mood.

Although I like very much the result, it was one of the things that I fear were maybe "too much" indeed!
:razz:
But this edit have a couple of other "musical numbers" before it, so when we arrive to the beach attack the audience get used to it and "go for the throat" is easier to "swallow", I think.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched this. Everything the previous reviewers said is absolutely spot on. WELL DONE. great edit. I had a lot of fun. Some very clever sequences in here and the new ending is awesome. thanks TMBTM!!!! :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, searcher, jamiemark and ThrowgnCpr! :)

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I just watched this. Everything the previous reviewers said is absolutely spot on. WELL DONE. great edit. I had a lot of fun. Some very clever sequences in here and the new ending is awesome. thanks TMBTM!!!! :)

You hit the nail right on the head when you say the word FUN. As it stands, Jaws in it's original form is a much beloved film. Most would agree that it isn't in need of a true fan edit, if nothing else maybe it would be nice if the deleted scenes were added back into the film. This edit is just a different take, a different spin, on a classic. It comes across as a more typical 70's exploitation/grindhouse kind of movie. It is, simply put, FUN AS HELL TO WATCH!!!

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eric Clapton tells this story about the first time he saw a young American guitarist at a club one night by the name of Jimi Hendrix. The next day, he phones up Pete Townshend and asks him if he'd like to get a bite to eat. They meet and sit down at a table. Eric looks at Pete and says "I just saw a kid who's going to put the rest of us out of business".

Now I know how Clapton felt. This is nothing short of genius. 10/10, easily. And the only other perfect score I've given is for Star Wars: Revisited, so you're in some pretty decent company. I can't say much without repeating what everyone else has said, but I absolutely howled when Warriors of the World kicked in. Manowar is one of my guilty pleasures and I loved that scene. The ending was just brilliant.

This really is what fan editing is all about and shows you just what's possible when high levels of creativity and technical skill meet. For me at least, this is the early front runner for Fanedit of the Year.

Can't wait for your next edit.

M77

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jst got round to watching this at last and wow it was great.
Loved the music and lol@the ending :)
Did anyone have any audio problems? I kept getting repeated lines now and again througout? May need re-burning, lol

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
M77 said:
Did anyone have any audio problems? I kept getting repeated lines now and again througout? May need re-burning, lol

:-? are you referring to the intentional audio glitches and repeated lines? If so, that was all part of the effect. And I think it was well done.

M77

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
M77 said:

:-? are you referring to the intentional audio glitches and repeated lines? If so, that was all part of the effect. And I think it was well done.
I didnt realise it was intentional lololol
Jst watching your strangers edit-hated the original though

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right, that's it.

This is next on my download list!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, thanks Adabisi, but don't put too much pressure on me for the next edit! :oops: :smile:
(for now I'm working on special effects for InfoDroid' s Indy 4 edit. Although I'm not sure they will pass his final cut!)

PS: Yes, Manowar is a guilty pleasure!
I did not use any lyrics in my edit though (I prefer to mention that so people will not run away!)

"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell
We Promised That We Would
When Losers Say It's Over With You Know That It's A Lie
The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"

:evil: :lol:

ohmss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got this and a fair use warning from my isp at about the same time LOL.

Just finished watching this and what can I say? It's excellent.
This is how a "missing reel" should be handled. The dialogue fills in the missing story but we still know that something important happened as the relationship between the two leads has changed.

I liked the blood on the lens too, very well done.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One repeated line that I'm proud of is (spoiler):

"you should... you should have seen it!" just after the missing reel. ;)

and yes there are intentionals audio glitches here and there.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellente, excellente création qui frôle la perfection à tous les niveaux. De loin le meilleur fanedit que j'ai vu. Un incontournable. Félicitations, l'homme derrière le masque - et merci d'avoir offert au monde un montage d'une aussi grande qualité. 10/10.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Merci beaucoup Yoda bleu! C'est trop d'honneur!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not much left for me to say that hasn't already been said - great job TMBTM.

Creative, funny, entertaining and unique - this is what fanediting is all about.

Very nice work sir, I am in awe!

oh, and I loved the soundtrack!

P.S. I was so inspired after watching this I dusted off my True Lies edit and put my nose to the grindstone. Thanks again!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars Grindhouse.....Spacesploitation?

Not sure how it could be done. Even the old original has awesome special effects.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks to you elbarto1 :)

jjrdias

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I already loved the SW Silent Editions - the "dusty" ones were just awesome - , and that showed skill and creativity, transforming the saga into a whole new viewing experience. The Sharksploitation Edit is a perfect example of how the art of fanediting can breathe new life and meaning into jewels and turds alike, morphing them into a new and exciting viewing extravaganza.

Wonderful work. Wish you'd do a Blade Runner Edit. I'd like to see your take on it...

Top Bottom