• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

JAWS The Sharksploitation Edit

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is now available at Mega.

gdrg

Reaction score
Trophy Points
problem: in this edit there are two shark experts

in the scene of the ripped whale brody calls a woman instead the blonde dude

gdrg

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i wish people could do more fanedits using blu ray stuff

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gdrg said:

sounds like more of a feature than a problem

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gdrg said:

in the scene of the ripped whale brody calls a woman instead the blonde dude

Yeah, and Brody wears glasses while he does not in the rest of the movie....
And yes this edit was done with DVD....

And my next one will, too.

Oh and:

YouSuck.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This "Grindhoused" version of JAWS has been released at vimeo.
You can find on my blog on its first page (for now):
http://tmbtm-fanedits.blogspot.fr/
and also on its "fanedits" page (scroll down to find it):
http://tmbtm-fanedits.blogspot.fr/p/tmbtms-fanedits-list.html

The DVD version is still available (afaik) if you're interested in (PM me).

I upgraded to a paying account at vimeo so this video is a single file with I guess better quality as the ones I already released there (as far as quality goes when you talk "grindhouse", of course...)

Info for this edit at its IFDB page: http://fanedit.org/ifdb/component/c...ngs/fanmix/255-jaws-the-sharksploitation-edit

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WARNING: SPOILERS

So I finally got around to watching this edit. This was a fun edit to watch. I liked most of the music selections. The amount of film "noise" and scratches etc. were not overly distracting and after awhile I didn't really notice it.

I liked the zoom in of Quint at the town hall meeting. The stutter/repeat frames and audio, was a nice touch, and it was used sparingly and spaced out enough that I felt it wasn't overused. The USS Indianapolis footage was a cool sequence.

The two things that were worth the price of admission, so to speak, were:
1) The inclusion of the deleted scene of Quint at the music store buying the piano wire. I really don't know why they cut that scene from the movie.
2) The ending, I laughed.

I liked the DVD Menu designs and the drive-in theater transitions at the beginning and end.

As others have mentioned the narrative is a bit slow and the movie could have been shorter, but maybe that's just my short attention span and self-diagnosed ADD.

Anyway, I highly recommend this edit!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For people who will be in Paris, France june 13, there is a chance my Jaws fanedit will be projected at the small (but classy) movie theater "Club de L'étoile" (170 seats) close to the Arc de Triomphe. It’s a non-profit event created to raise public awareness about shark conservation. Revenues generated by the screenings will only serve to fund the event and to rent the theater.
The people at the origin of the event told me they have the agreement of Universal Pictures to project the Jaws movies.
Maybe I'll be there to have a little presentation talk.

21314466_175001717.jpg

Of course the best resolution version of this fanedit is a PAL DVD... so once projected on a relatively big screen (even if it is a rather small one!) I'm not sure about the quality of the thing. But in any case I'm pleased that they thought about my fanedit and I hope this thing will happen.
Stay tuned!

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
For people who will be in Paris, France june 13, there is a chance my Jaws fanedit will be projected at the small (but classy) movie theater "Club de L'étoile" (170 seats) close to the Arc de Triomphe. It’s a non-profit event created to raise public awareness about shark conservation. Revenues generated by the screenings will only serve to fund the event and to rent the theater.
The people at the origin of the event told me they have the agreement of Universal Pictures to project the Jaws movies.
Maybe I'll be there to have a little presentation talk.

21314466_175001717.jpg

Of course the best resolution version of this fanedit is a PAL DVD... so once projected on a relatively big screen (even if it is a rather small one!) I'm not sure about the quality of the thing. But in any case I'm pleased that they thought about my fanedit and I hope this thing will happen.
Stay tuned!

Hey TMBTM... definitely keep us informed as I might try and get the Eurostar and come over for this - seriously!  Would be great to meet you too :)

Best of luck and hope it goes ahead - seriously one of the best fanedits I've ever seen

JDaniels32

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JAWS - The Sharksploitation Edit by THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK

review by boon23

Prologue:
I feel I am a bit late to the party, yet I did not get to watching this fanedit until just today. The last time I watched JAWS is about 5 years ago, so I could get in fresh (which was for this fanedit not so necessary though). Now everyone so far was praising this fanedit, which kind of held my expectations for it very high. I was watching the PAL DVD.

As for all my reviews: this is just my personal opinion of this fanedit. I cannot tell anybody else, if he or she will experience it in the same way or the opposite. So my review is not objective and does not reflect the opinion of fanedit.org.

!!!!This review contains heavy spoilers!!!

The edit:
It's as special as it gets, from the very intro beginning (including a cute Rob Schneider scene) to the very ending (where I was almost waiting for someone to yell "Willy"). This fanedit was not at all created to be taken seriously and that is the fun of it. It takes a masterpiece of movie history and turns it not just to trash, but to an over-the-top watching experience that only works so well, BECAUSE the original is such a well known masterpiece. It has a few thrilling moments, yet thrill is not what it is about. This is about entertainment and surprise. Surprise what happens next and how. It contains loads of gruesome shark killings and also loads of painfully long and akward scenes. But the mix is just right. Now I could have done with less artificial dust that in dark scenes almost looked like it was snowing and I can't say this added anything to the movie that a washed out look would not have added probably better. Yet this is about the only true complaint I have. Other than that there is a scene with a sailor outside, where there is no background nice, which sounds a bit strange and the deleted scenes are a bit too clearly noticable. The orca ending came as surprise and was needed to really get the final blow to tell me that I am NOT AT ALL WATCHING JAWS.
This is a special fanedit and as such it is a piece of fanediting art to me. Daring. Creative. And an incredible load of work. I bow deeply to TMBTM for the concept and the final edit.
Did I love it? No. But I liked it a lot.
editing: 10 of 10
entertainment: 8 of 10
(original 10 of 10)

Image and video quality:
Video quality was good, the image has too much artificial dirt IMO. The deleted scenes were too clearly spottable.
Video quality: 6 of 10

Audio editing and audio quality:

The audio editing was very good, there was one scene, where background noieses should have been added.
audio editing: 10 of 10
sound quality: 7 of 10
resulting in a 9 of 10 for overall audio

presentation:

The DVD comes with a still but nice menu with no sound. The presentation of a drive-in cinema is hillarious. The font for the intro and end credits is something to get used to. It's neatly animated in the beginning. The bonus features are nice addition, although not too much. The chapter menu is very simple. There is fitting cover art attached.
Overall the presentation of this fanedit is very nice.
resulting in a 9 of 10 for overall presentation

Final result: 9 of 10
I recommend watching this fanedit.
I would LOVE to watch it, but cant get it ANYWHERE....

JDaniels32

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Original film name: JAWS
New film name: JAWS The Sharksploitation Edit.
Film studio name: Universal
Edit crew name: The Man Behind The Mask (special thanks to Tranzor for technical help.)
Date original film was released: 1975
Date edit was released: June 2009
Original runtime: 121 minutes
Amount of time cut: 44 minutes
Amount of time added: 27 minutes
New runtime: 104 minutes
Intention for this fanedit:
To give JAWS a kind of grindhouse feel and make the movie fun to watch for those who are not afraid to see this masterpiece being turned into something else (but it's still JAWS, I did not turn the plot upside down).
But most of all I did it for my own enjoyment. I hope it'll work for you.

- New opening credits.
- I will not list all the cuts because there are to many of them, some big and some very short.
- Grainy picture, scratches and noises. Warm and cold tint added.
- some almost entire scenes from JAWS 2 added (as well as a lots of shots from various movies and documentaries)
- Most of the deleted scenes and alternate takes are back in the movie, not all of them though; And some are a bit poor quality.
- New music here and there (70's style JAWS theme, pop, rock etc..)
- Few, but noticeable, special effects to add more blood into some shots.
- NEW ENDING (a bit cheesy, but hey, it's a grindhouse edit after all!)
- New ending credits.

Note: I add some trouble making the NTSC version frame rate perfect. It's okay though. But if you can play PAL on your home player, I'd say go for the PAL version.

Available on http://fanedit.info through Rapidshare.

Why does everyone keep talking about The Sharksploitation Edit? I would love to see this, but cant get it ANYWHERE!

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Posting same thing twice won't help. Actually, it may even make things worse (In fact, I intended to help you until I've seen that second post).

Top Bottom