• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday - TV Version

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Serial killer Jason's supernatural origins are revealed.

Difference's between TV Version and Official release:

* runs 2 minutes longer

* has scenes not in official release, also misses some.

* cut for violence, nudity, and swearing

* slightly different plot

vlcsnap2011080815h15m19.png

vlcsnap2011080815h15m36.png

vlcsnap2011080815h15m51.png

vlcsnap2011080815h15m56.png

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where did you get those screenshots? They look to be better quality than my copy.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From another favorite forum of mine ;-)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. I'm actually discussing a trade with the guy who uploaded it. Guess I'm going to have to grab this one too now. :lol:

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im going re-encode this to get rid of the interlacing.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yea if the results are ok.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. I might save myself the bandwidth for now and wait for your version. I just grabbed Friday The 13th Part V: A New Beginning Version 2 and still need to grab the Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter workprint. Just curious but, was there any menus included on this one?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes they is, also theres subtitles for the difference between the tv cut and the offical dvd.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
also theres subtitles for the difference between the tv cit and the offical dvd.

^ this is a very cool feature. I appreciate it when the person creating the preservation goes beyond just slapping the thing on a disc. Any extra information of features are great!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Then that would be the same one I've got. Strange, the screenshots looked kind of better than mine but I guess they have to be the same. :lol: Good to know before I wasted my bandwidth. :lol: I got it in trade from the guy who created the subtitle track. He's created subtitle tracks for a lot of other alternate cuts. He actually inspired me to do the same. So far I've only done it for the Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo tv cut and the Walking Tall (2004) tv cut. Very little differences with Deuce Bigalow, but a huge list for Walking Tall.

Oh and the new scenes for the tv cut are included on the official dvd, but as extras. There's apparently composition of this film out there that combines the unrated cut, the workprint, and the tv cut to give you the longest cut available.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok ive put thru megui and some filters thru vdub too, still aint perfect but better. As you can see most of that rainbow effect has gone now.

JASON.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks alot better over here :)

This is the one where Freddy's hand grabs jasons mask and pulls it under the ground right? That part scared the *exploitive's deleted* out of me!!! the rest of the movie wasnt scary at all though IIRC.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Looks alot better over here :)

This is the one where Freddy's hand grabs jasons mask and pulls it under the ground right? That part scared the *exploitive's deleted* out of me!!! the rest of the movie wasnt scary at all though IIRC.

That's the one. I went to see this on opening night and was extremely disappointed. It started off alright but then Jason gets killed off and he doesn't show up until the very end. For a 14-year-old who was expecting the same old Jason film it was a major disappointment. But since then I've seen it on video a few times, DVD at least 5-6 times and I also have the workprint and the tv cut. I've learned to appreciate it for what it was, and I love it now.

And here's a little bit of trivia for you. The gloved Freddy hand that pops up at the end to grab Jason's mask to bring him to hell belonged to Kane Hodder, who had been playing Jason since part 7. So, so far Kane has played Freddy (sort of), Jason, and he did stunts as Leatherface on the third Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I wouldn't mind seeing him take on the role of Michael Myers.

And speaking of Leatherface, it appears as though they're making another Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, this time in 3D.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1572315/

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't remember that jason was MIA for most of the movie... Wasnt jasons mothers corpse sitting on a rocking chair in a darkend orangely lit old style wallpapered room at some point? (i only saw it once, but sometimes i remember just visuals if ive seen it once, but it was a crappy day when i watched it (sick as a dog, and everyone in the house was fighting, PUKE!)) Oh and the spotlight trap towards the end, i remember that, but thats it, lol.

Only saw the first TCM but its pretty damn impressive IMO (the night scene where the wheelchair bro gets it was the only part i thought wasnt up to spec on account of the cinematography, my one complaint with the movie). Are the sequels good? and i keep seeing the newer reboot dvds on the cheap, should i try 'em out?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I didn't remember that jason was MIA for most of the movie... Wasnt jasons mothers corpse sitting on a rocking chair in a darkend orangely lit old style wallpapered room at some point? (i only saw it once, but sometimes i remember just visuals if ive seen it once, but it was a crappy day when i watched it (sick as a dog, and everyone in the house was fighting, PUKE!)) Oh and the spotlight trap towards the end, i remember that, but thats it, lol.

The opening scene has an FBI agent staying at a cabin. It's a sting operation to get Jason. Jason is kind though, he lets her get naked and step into the shower before anything happens. She fights him a bit and runs out in the woods, in a towel I might add, with him chasing after her. There's a SWAT team waiting though to take him out, and they're in a circle I might add. They all shoot at him, surprisingly no one is hit with friendly fire, and he blows up. At the morgue though his heart starts beating and it compels the pathologist to eat it, which means that Jason's soul has now passed into him and the only way for the pathologist to get rid of it is by sticking his tongue down somebody's throat and letting this creature, that has somehow formed, pass into another person's body. The only way for Jason to come back to life, in his own body, is to have that creature be passed into another Voorhees, which is how he comes back at the very end.

Are you sure you're not talking about Whistler's Mother? :lol: The last time we saw Jason's mother was in part 2. Her decapitated head was on a table in Jason's shack.

Rogue-theX said:
Only saw the first TCM but its pretty damn impressive IMO (the night scene where the wheelchair bro gets it was the only part i thought wasnt up to spec on account of the cinematography, my one complaint with the movie). Are the sequels good? and i keep seeing the newer reboot dvds on the cheap, should i try 'em out?

Yeah, the sequels are pretty good. The second one is probably my favorite, but I love the third one too. The fourth one, titled "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation", wasn't bad. It stars a young Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey. If you can find it get the Canadian release because it's uncut. The US version runs only 84 minutes, but the Canadian one runs for 93. The remake wasn't bad, but I thought "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" sucked. I only saw it once, at the movies, but I bought it on DVD at Wal-Mart for 5$, just to complete the collection.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That plot is bonkers :lol:
Jason is kind though, he lets her get naked and step into the shower before anything happens
Nicely put, lol!

I dont think i've heard of Whistlers Mother, thats another movie yes? I just had a specific bunch of images in my mind when you started talking about the movie so i figured it mustve been from the same movie. Nothing i described is in Jason Goes to Hell?

You say to look out for the canadian cut of next gen, is it harder to find even up here in canada?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I dont think i've heard of Whistlers Mother, thats another movie yes?

:lol: I'm sorry for laughing, but no. Whistler's Mother is a painting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistler's_Mother

Rogue-theX said:
I just had a specific bunch of images in my mind when you started talking about the movie so i figured it mustve been from the same movie. Nothing i described is in Jason Goes to Hell?

No, I'm afraid not.

Rogue-theX said:
You say to look out for the canadian cut of next gen, is it harder to find even up here in canada?

I just meant that if you're shopping for it online be sure that you get the Canadian release because it's uncut, as opposed to the US release. In fact the Canadian release is the only release of this film that is uncut, aside from the Japanese laserdisc. I don't know if you can even get the US release in Canadian stores, at least without a special order, but just thought I'd give you a head's up in case you were planning on shopping online.

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=792

The Canadian release is open-matte though whereas all the other ones are 1.85:1 anamorphic.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good to know about the release then! And open matte too? not bad. It always helps to know what to look out for on the back cover too.

I wonder what the hell that movie is that im thinking of. Then again its nothing new really, lots of movies id never be able to figure out their names because the images are too random.

Top Bottom