• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Jarhead- extended cut

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just bought the DVD of Jarhead and there are a lot of nice deleted scenes in that DVD. for example there are "fantasy" scenes in which the hero fantasizes about killing his officers. I think it will be really easy to make an extended cut to that film and that the deleted scenes will actually add to the movie and make it better.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds like you should give it a go, MightyZ. I love both Jack Gyllenhal and Sam Mendes.

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have edited some avi and mpg files before, but never a DVD. I've shrank DVD's and copied them and added subs. How hard is it to edit a DVD? is there any good guides on how to do it? what's the best editing tools for editing dvd's?

P

Peter von Frosta

MightyZ said:
I've just bought the DVD of Jarhead and there are a lot of nice deleted scenes in that DVD. for example there are "fantasy" scenes in which the hero fantasizes about killing his officers. I think it will be really easy to make an extended cut to that film and that the deleted scenes will actually add to the movie and make it better.
Did you listen to the commentary on those deleted scenes? Sam Mendes explained why he cut those scene (he, and not the studio!) because they were distracting the main story.

If you want to include them, I'd suggest you make some changes to the rest of the movie, otherwise the more surreal fantasy scenes will stick too much out of the movie.

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Peter von Frosta said:
Did you listen to the commentary on those deleted scenes? Sam Mendes explained why he cut those scene (he, and not the studio!) because they were distracting the main story.

Yes but the director isn't always necessarily right. I mean I love Ridley Scott as much as the next movie buff, but his ascertation that the original cut of Gladiator is better than the Extended version is just loopy.

Top Bottom