• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

January 2024 FEOTM

What was your Favourite Edit of the month in January 2024?

• Legend: European Theatrical Cut Restoration by kidjupiter92

• The NeverEnding Story: The Atreyu Edit

• The Other Guys – The Peacock Cut by Jasonflippy

• Boogie Nights: Special Soundtrack Edition by groovefunkel

• Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fazbear Frights Edition by BlueCupcake

• Wind River: The Unfair Cut by unfair

• Terminator 2: Dehanced Edition by krausfadr

• The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – The Precious Edition by DonkeyKonga

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
8 edits to vote for this month....

Voting closes on March 1st.

TAKE NOTE:

• Voting is limited to active members who have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts.
  • Effective January 1, 2024, no editor, either individually or as part of a group, shall win FEOTM consecutively. Winners will be ineligible for the FEOTM for the following two months.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOW BEING STRICTLY ENFORCED:

• Users are not allowed to vote for their own edit. (This includes any and all those with a faneditor credit on the IFDB page, regardless of contribution)
  • Users are not allowed to solicit votes by PMing others or promoting the poll in other forums or social sites.

Anyone found voting for their own edit or soliciting votes will have their edit disqualified from the poll. No exceptions.

(read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I able to change my vote? Not a huge deal, I just feel my vote was disingenuous in hindsight. Or I guess not change it, since I can see the results, but maybe have mine voided?

Maybe you can find out if someone else was planning to vote for the edit you picked, and get them to vote for the one you actually wanted?

Am I able to change my vote? Not a huge deal, I just feel my vote was disingenuous in hindsight. Or I guess not change it, since I can see the results, but maybe have mine voided?

We don't change votes once they're cast, partly because we don't have the ability to. If you're certain you want to void it let me know and I'll adjust accordingly at the end of the poll.

I'm not sure if it was intentional but it looks like two of DonkeyKonga's LOTR edits had their URLs changed to "trashed" and it broke the link in the FEOTM article.

It's a recurring bug that we've not been able to completely resolve yet, but it can be fixed manually when we're aware of it. When I'm at a PC and it isn't 2am I'll fix the link!

That seems to happen when you edit your listing. Happened to my Sopranos edit last year:

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/__trashed-17/
The software automatically updates urls so they always reflect the most recent changes. Unfortunately, this is something the software does not allow to be modified. The best option is to alert IFDb staff if you edit your listing. Sending the previous URL will also allow staff to restore the URL and thus avoiding broken links.

So, before editing a lsiting, copy the URL and then alert staff after you have completed your listing edit.

The software automatically updates urls so they always reflect the most recent changes. Unfortunately, this is something the software does not allow to be modified. The best option is to alert IFDb staff if you edit your listing. Sending the previous URL will also allow staff to restore the URL and thus avoiding broken links.

Assuming the php (I'm guessing, based on XenForo's documentation) the site is built on isn't obfuscated, it shouldn't be that hard to hunt down and fix the bug. I'd be happy to take a look if no one else is willing or able, I've done quite a bit of php coding over several decades, writing sites, my own forum software, etc.

Basically you either need to stop the software from changing the URL, or apply some extra code to automatically do the URL change back rather than the mods having to do it. If I had to guess I'd say the site was trying to do some versioning and the "trashed" links were supposed to be an old inaccessible version, but maybe it's just a bug, never know until you look. Just have whoever has access to the site code PM me if you want my help.

Assuming the php (I'm guessing, based on XenForo's documentation) the site is built on isn't obfuscated, it shouldn't be that hard to hunt down and fix the bug. I'd be happy to take a look if no one else is willing or able, I've done quite a bit of php coding over several decades, writing sites, my own forum software, etc.
XenForo is the forum software. It is not used for IFDb.
Basically you either need to stop the software from changing the URL, or apply some extra code to automatically do the URL change back rather than the mods having to do it. If I had to guess I'd say the site was trying to do some versioning and the "trashed" links were supposed to be an old inaccessible version, but maybe it's just a bug, never know until you look. Just have whoever has access to the site code PM me if you want my help.
The software we use for IFDb does not currently have an option to do that natively. We are looking into coding options.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ.

The original FEOTM poll was a tie. While it is traditional to have a tie-breaker run-off in these scenarios, the staff have concerns over possible sock accounts and soliciting of votes. Therefore, we have reset the poll to allow for a general run-off for all competing edits, so that the winner for Jan FEOTM can be freshly determined.

This will run for one week. The short time-scale is necessary in order to allow a reasonable turnaround for the following month's poll.

If a reminder of the rules is necessary, see OP. The new poll can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom