• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

James Bond "Less is MOORE" Editions

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As things are winding down with Live and Let Die, here's the cut list for Man with the Golden Gun:

-Lights go red quicker when assassin is about to start Scaramanga's fun house
-Cut Goodnight laughing about finding car
-Cut Scaramanga basically fondling Ms. Anders with the Golden Gun on his boat
-Cut random goons eyeing up Bond as he leaves the compound because it gives away too quickly that they know he isn't who he says he is
-Cut Bond saying "he must've found me titillating" 
-Cut the agent dropping off Bond with his nieces in the car
- Cut the whole karate fight scene with the agent and his nieces.  Now, Bond jumps through the window of the karate compound/school and heads for a boat
-Cut Bond's lines as he is trying to hit the henchmen with the motor
-Cut all of the kid selling the elephant statue and JW Pepper.  Bond escapes and a canal traffic jam leads to him getting away.
-Cut Bond's line "a gun and a bag of peanuts"
-At the moment.....cut the entire car chase since removing JW Pepper is next to impossible for me and the shots they show with 2 people in the car
-Cut "this should run a few electric toothbrushes" when Scaramanga shows Bond around his island and the solex
-Cut henchman fondling Goodnight
-Trim Bond saying he's never killed a midget before
-Cut scene between Bond and Goodnight and talking about the boat being on autopilot since Nick Nack would've tried to kill them mid-sex and not after their first round of sexy time

That's basically it.  Not much to cut and what's being cut should be easy enough.  There were some music suggestions that I'll look into (replace the opening theme with Alice Cooper's rendition), but other than that, Man with the Golden Gun Less is MOORE Edition right there.

Any ideas and suggestions are always welcome.  Work on this will be starting pretty soon so I can release a Bond double feature, given the quarantine most if not all of us are in.

Spy Who Loved Me will follow soon enough and then, something I'm actually pretty excited about.....tackling my FIRST edit again.....Moonraker!

If anyone has some cover/poster art they'd be willing to work on for me, it'd be much appreciated.  

Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
musiced921 said:
As things are winding down with Live and Let Die, here's the cut list for Man with the Golden Gun:

-Lights go red quicker when assassin is about to start Scaramanga's fun house
-Cut Goodnight laughing about finding car
-Cut Scaramanga basically fondling Ms. Anders with the Golden Gun on his boat
-Cut random goons eyeing up Bond as he leaves the compound because it gives away too quickly that they know he isn't who he says he is
-Cut Bond saying "he must've found me titillating" 
-Cut the agent dropping off Bond with his nieces in the car
- Cut the whole karate fight scene with the agent and his nieces.  Now, Bond jumps through the window of the karate compound/school and heads for a boat
-Cut Bond's lines as he is trying to hit the henchmen with the motor
-Cut all of the kid selling the elephant statue and JW Pepper.  Bond escapes and a canal traffic jam leads to him getting away.
-Cut Bond's line "a gun and a bag of peanuts"
-At the moment.....cut the entire car chase since removing JW Pepper is next to impossible for me and the shots they show with 2 people in the car
-Cut "this should run a few electric toothbrushes" when Scaramanga shows Bond around his island and the solex
-Cut henchman fondling Goodnight
-Trim Bond saying he's never killed a midget before
-Cut scene between Bond and Goodnight and talking about the boat being on autopilot since Nick Nack would've tried to kill them mid-sex and not after their first round of sexy time

That's basically it.  Not much to cut and what's being cut should be easy enough.  There were some music suggestions that I'll look into (replace the opening theme with Alice Cooper's rendition), but other than that, Man with the Golden Gun Less is MOORE Edition right there.

Any ideas and suggestions are always welcome.  Work on this will be starting pretty soon so I can release a Bond double feature, given the quarantine most if not all of us are in.

Spy Who Loved Me will follow soon enough and then, something I'm actually pretty excited about.....tackling my FIRST edit again.....Moonraker!

If anyone has some cover/poster art they'd be willing to work on for me, it'd be much appreciated.  

Hope everyone is staying safe out there!

Good cutlist! Is there anyway to cut-down on Bond's horrible treatment of Ms. Anders and cut the Beirut trip (I could be misremembering, but since they already have a golden bullet, why does Bond need to get anouther one?)?

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know you're moving on to the next Moore 007, but I can't resist adding this clip for Live and Let Die.

Instead of making LaLD a harder more serious film, imagine you camp UP the film. Then you'll want to dub in this timeless gem, right before we see the Baron sit on the train, so that his laughter comes up out of Hedy Hedley Lamarr's speech:
:D

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
I know you're moving on to the next Moore 007, but I can't resist adding this clip for Live and Let Die.

Instead of making LaLD a harder more serious film, imagine you camp UP the film. Then you'll want to dub in this timeless gem, right before we see the Baron sit on the train, so that his laughter comes up out of Hedy Hedley Lamarr's speech:
:D

Now that's a good post credits scene!

@"wilhelm scream" I believe, though I could be wrong, Bond was trying to figure out who makes the bullets so he could find Scaramanga.  He pretends to be Scaramanga so that he could pretend to purchase another bullet.  I was hoping to try and cut back on how tough he is with Ms. Anders, especially when he's slapping her around, but it's a long take and may have to stay in.  I watched that scene a couple of times to see what I could do.  Before I watched the movie I automatically remembered how rough he was with her and always had a problem with it.  It's on my mind for sure to work on it.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little poster art I worked up using this image from a Rolex ad
f8BEijh.jpg

nostromo777

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One upside to the pandemic is that I am "shelter and editing in place"  so my FYEO edit should get done this week.  Im rendering a version for review now.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nostromo777 said:
One upside to the pandemic is that I am "shelter and editing in place"  so my FYEO edit should get done this week.  Im rendering a version for review now.

Lol yup!  I'm actually done with Live and Let Die and started working on Golden Gun.  Golden Gun is a lot easier to work on and I can safely say I'm already halfway done.  

I'm planning a Bond Double Feature release, but it could head into triple feature status when you release yours.  Keep it up man!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone is feeling a Double 0 feature, Live and Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun Less is MOORE Edition listings were just submitted and should be up soon! 

Links are available in the meantime!

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched this edit and really enjoyed it a lot. I thought the video and audio editing were both seamless throughout, great job there.

Cutting Sheriff Pepper for me is the absolute essential edit when it comes to Live and Let Die - and it was done well. Although the speed boat chase does feel a little too quick now. And Rosie Carver is quite annoying as well, so nice to see her cut out. 

The only issue I have is the running time. 90 minutes for a Bond film feels like a weird length to me, I obviously appreciate that there's a lot of stuff that is best cut out, but with another 10 minutes it would have felt more "Bond-like" to me. I really hope your Man With The Golden Gun edit is a little longer - apart from Pepper and the dreadful one liners I don't think there is as much dodgy stuff in that one (although I appreciate that most people don't agree with me that it's the best Moore Bond film).

Thanks for your efforts, you did an excellent job with it. Looking forward to the others now.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mods, can you please remove the IFDB listings (or temporarily suspend them) while I try to fix the sound mix issues?  This is for both Live and Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun.

Thanks!

Barabba

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey @"wilhelm scream" , I'm sorry I missed your post there! At the time you posted I was knee deep in trying to put together what classwork I could for my music students before we rolled out online learning on Wednesday of last week.

That's a great idea! I hadn't completely dedicated myself to Golden Gun yet, but I finished up my cutlist the other night and will be posting soon.

@"lapis molari" are you saying that I should edit out the completely realistic Kananga balloon from the end of their fight scene lol? I just took a look at it and I'm not sure I could pull off the shark attack angle, but I could do a cutaway so we don't see Kananga shoot up to the ceiling and explode, but instead explode offscreen as the camera focuses on Solitaire and we can look back at the remnants in the water, sans any blood. Thoughts?

I was just putting some finishing touches on the overall first draft. Tons of flash frames I had to fix and music edits here and there. I am toying with adding music to the TeeHee fight scene with either music from the shortened runaway car scene or the music used during Rosie Carver's death since she's gone from my edit.

I was watching PlutoTV's Bond channel the other night and caught the beginning of For Your Eyes Only. Right away I was thinking about how that scene could be recycled in general as long as you cut after take off (and the priest giving Bond a clearly guilty look). The only issue is Roger looks a bit older there compared to Live and Let Die when he still had some youth in his face. @"nostromo777" 's edit sounds like quite a beast and when it's finished, that'll tell me whether I have anything to add to the mix or happily skip over it in favor of tackling ones not done yet.

A little later today I am going to change this thread to just be about the "Less is MOORE" editions of Bond movies and continue on by adding my Golden Gun cutlist. I'm anxious to hear of any other ideas or recommendations.
If you had For Your Eyes Only's opening at the beginning of Live and Let Die, it would be the middle part of a really tight-knit trilogy with OHMSS and Licence to Kill, since Felix Leiter has the same actor and Bond's Marriage PTSD would strike up.

But, for that, the Rosie Carver scenes would have to be included since they reference "Mrs. Bond" who is "An Incurable Romantic."

Last edited:

nostromo777

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those that have the link to my FYEO edit, there is a WIP edit of the Blofeld/Helicoptor cold open there as well, that tried to make it work as a OHMSS callback. I re-edited it, and re-scored it. Its not 100% done, but plan is to have an “alternate cut of my edit, that has the original, but edited cold open, as opposed to my original edit, removed the sequence all together.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you @Dwight Fry for your reviews on these! Both of those films could've been so much more and I wish I could add material, but sadly all I can do is hack away and try to make Moore's outing be a little more serious.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you @Dwight Fry for your reviews on these! Both of those films could've been so much more and I wish I could add material, but sadly all I can do is hack away and try to make Moore's outing be a little more serious.
I hope I didn't come across as too harsh in my reviews. They are really solid edits, regardless of my own vision. And yes, I'd kill to get that removed duel footage from Golden Gun. What could have been!

Bored at 3:00AM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And yes, I'd kill to get that removed duel footage from Golden Gun. What could have been!

I can't remember where I heard this, but I think much of the duel was cut because it looked cheap and just didn't work. What we got was the best they could edit together. It's a shame. Christopher Lee vs. Roger Moore should have been an all-timer.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't remember where I heard this, but I think much of the duel was cut because it looked cheap and just didn't work. What we got was the best they could edit together. It's a shame. Christopher Lee vs. Roger Moore should have been an all-timer.
A movie that ruined what was maybe the greatest car stunt in the Bond saga with a goofy slide whistle, complaining about a duel with Christopher Lee looking cheap? 🤷‍♂️

Bored at 3:00AM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A movie that ruined what was maybe the greatest car stunt in the Bond saga with a goofy slide whistle, complaining about a duel with Christopher Lee looking cheap? 🤷‍♂️
Ha! Yeah, there were a lot of bizarre decisions on that movie. Did you ever hear the story about Saltzman, without telling anyone, buying one hundred elephant shoes for elephant stampede sequence which he then completely forgot about until they arrived on set?

Top Bottom