• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

iTunes digital films by rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueVader1996

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello everyone,

I'd like to start making fanedits, but I'll need digital copies of the official films first. I could just use my official DVD's, but I want to go HD.

After doing some digging on what is available for me here in Belgium and how much it might cost, I have chosen to use iTunes as the platform to download movies from. I was hoping I would only have to rent the film I want to edit, download it and find a way to remove the DRM.

I'd like to know if this approach could work, especially the part on removing the DRM.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
you might be better off buying a internal or external bluray drive
i know in the USA they dont cost much.

RogueVader1996

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, Blu-Ray's are not an option. My PC isn't compatible with Blu-Ray disks, and online rentals seem to be much cheaper than Blu-Ray disks. About online films, I'd prefer renting over buying because I only need an HD version to serve as source file for a fanedit, to watch the movie I can just use the official DVD disk I already have.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No this does not work.  You must own the source.  Renting does not count.

Please read the rules and then refer future questions like this to staff via PM.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom