• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I heart IASIP so much. I'm a few episodes behind, but the new season is pretty decent.

Yeah, great show overall and this season was better than the last two in my opinion.
I think it was really hard to top
Season 7's Fat Mac
but whatever it's still great.

I didn't like last season very much (better than nothing but still a let down) and I agree this season was much better.

One thing I've noticed in seasons 3-5 anytime Fred Savage directs an episode he also gets a producing credit. If he didn't direct it he doesn't get one. Definitely not the norm.

Season 11 just ended on Thursday. Pretty solid episodes, not a single stinker with a couple gems.

Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo - B+
Frank Falls Out The Window - B
The Gang Hits The Slopes - B
Dee Made a Smut Film - B+
Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs - A
Being Frank - A+
McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century - B+
Charlie Catches a Leprechaun - B+
The Gang Goes to Hell - B+
The Gang Goes to Hell Part 2 - A

I actually thought this season was sort of weak. I see you gave Gang Hits the Slopes a B, but there was something about it that just didn't click with me.

Q2 said:
I actually thought this season was sort of weak. I see you gave Gang Hits the Slopes a B, but there was something about it that just didn't click with me.

You gotta be a fan of the movies they were parodying. The plot is almost exactly a combination of "Ski School" and "Ski Patrol" with a bit of stuff from other films like "Hot Dog" or "Porky's".

So, Season 12 happened. It took me a while to get through all the episodes. There was some good shit but sadly they are running out of steam a bit. Anyway, here's my ratings for this batch of eps:

The Gang Turns Black - B
The Gang Goes to a Water Park - C
Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy - B+
Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare - B+
Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer - A
Hero or Hate Crime? - A-
PTSDee - C-
The Gang Tends Bar - C+
A Cricket's Tale - A
Dennis' Double Life - B+

The season had some moments, but the tone of the show is really weird now. I think it's time to hang it up.

I think they're changing things up to keep it "fresh", not sure if it worked, it felt more like a traditional sitcom.

They have now brought Mac out of the closet and given Dennis a child. They could be serialising the show and introducing more consequences for their actions.

I thought Season 13 was fantastic, a definite step-up from the last couple years.

The Gang Makes Paddy's Great Again - A
The Gang Escapes - B
The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot - B+
Time's Up For The Gang - A
The Gang Gets New Wheels - B
The Gang Solves The Bathroom Problem - A-
The Gang Does A Clip Show - B+
Charlie's Home Alone - A
The Gang Wins The Big Game - A-
Mac Finds His Pride - A

The only two episodes I didn't care for this season were the Superbowl episodes. The finale was absolutely fantastic.

Neglify said:
a definite step-up from the last couple years.

Agreed. The tone is still a little wonky, and it's hard to compare this to the earlier seasons, but s13 was definitely better than the last couple.

I finally got around to checking out this show last week, I just started season 4 today. I'm a little late to the game, but I'm having a great time. It's kinda funny hearing Charlie Day for the first time as Luigi, and then seeing him in this, I assumed he was putting on a voice but that's just how he sounds. I can't get the Day Man song out of my head, and upon looking it up I accidentally spoiled the fact that it makes a reappearance which I'm looking forward to. There are so many memes that I can't wait to get context for.

I love this show. I love these characters.
But, anybody else feel like they're all too botoxed/fixed-up/face-lifted to still feel like the original characters?
I mean, they were always attractive people, but they all look like rich, plastic movie stars now.
Except maybe Charlie Day.

Show's still good though.

But, anybody else feel like they're all too botoxed/fixed-up/face-lifted to still feel like the original characters?
I mean, they were always attractive people, but they all look like rich, plastic movie stars now.

I thought i was the only one who noticed...

I've had this exact thought aswell :ROFLMAO: though I feel like it is in character for Dennis and Dee. Another thing that bothers me is the overall look of the show. In early seasons, the bar looks worn and grimy, but the way it's lit now clearly feels like a set. IMO, the show looked better with the 4:3 aspect radio and SD cameras.

I've had this exact thought aswell :ROFLMAO: though I feel like it is in character for Dennis and Dee. Another thing that bothers me is the overall look of the show. In early seasons, the bar looks worn and grimy, but the way it's lit now clearly feels like a set. IMO, the show looked better with the 4:3 aspect radio and SD cameras.
...which is why i purchaed only DVDs from the start....though BDs were out there initially...In fact...Im 7 years behind coz I don't want to run out when they stop...same reason I have yet to watch Eyes Wide Shut!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom