• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IT: The Bookish Edit

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
c38gg43.jpg

Title: IT: The Bookish Edit

About:  really enjoyed both movies as well as the source material. Like many people, I did feel Chapter 2 got a little long. Now most people would cut footage to tighten it up, but I was more curious how the movie(s) would play out as a single long film edited closer to the book. This is the result.

This should not be considered a "purist" cut, My intention wasn't to edit exactly to the book but bring the films more inline with it. A good example is the introduction of the children as adults. In the book it's in a different order, but the way it was edited in the film worked well so I left it alone.

Original Running Time: 304 min (combined)

Fanedit Running Time: 284 min

Time Cut: 24 min

Time Added: 4 min

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dammit, now I have to buy these two movies because I want to watch your fanedit. Looking forward to it :) .

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic! I cannot wait to see your finished work; thank you in advance.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome back Q2!! Will be interested to see this for sure... I'm really intrigued to see if you can make Part 2 any better.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
Welcome back Q2!! Will be interested to see this for sure... I'm really intrigued to see if you can make Part 2 any better.

That is my ultimate hope; I honestly thought Part 1 was tremendous.

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was wondering when someone would tackle putting these two films together.  Part 2's weakness is simply the absence of the inherently more interesting Loser's Club as children, and it would work so much better for the story of their shared trauma to unfold the way it does in the book.  This sounds like a future FEOTM for sure.

I'm actually jealous as I was going to try this project myself after I got through the 40+ hour audiobook version  :dodgy: , but I'm very excited to see this idea come to life.  Best of luck.

orchidal

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good luck with this. Chapter 2 needs the most trimming, some really cringey performances by the adult actors. For what it's worth I think chapter one is great as a stand-alone. I've seen a decent edit by Maniac, iirc, which omits the sequel bait to make chap 1 more definitive. There are a few things that chap 2 did interestingly but for the most part it lacks the Garmonbozia, so to speak. Chap 1 feels right and oddly more in line with a Junji Ito adaptation than a King adaptation.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Information added to original post.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit now available. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"nashbrent" If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Martin Smithee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there someone, who saw this fanedit? If yes, just PM me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom