• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Issue with RAR AVCHD extraction

Noit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am attempting to extract AVCHD files archived in a RAR format. The first one extracted fine but all of the others have an error message and the video portion shows up as a 0 bit file. I have attempted to use PeaZip and Z-Zip but both get the same results. I can see the video is there when I do the preview in PeaZip. Could you please let me know if there are any recommendations on anything I may be overlooking? Thank you.

Computer is Windows 10 64-bit, PeaZip and Z-Zip are both up-to-date.
This is the program report from PeaZip;

"7-Zip 19.00 (x64) : Copyright (c) 1999-2018 Igor Pavlov : 2019-02-21

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 209715200 bytes (200 MiB)

Extracting archive: E:\Drive_C\Users\\Desktop\excess\fan edit info\ep1\L8wrtrEP1AVCHD.part02.rar
--
Path = E:\Drive_C\Users\\Desktop\excess\fan edit info\ep1\L8wrtrEP1AVCHD.part02.rar
Type = Rar
Physical Size = 209715200
Total Physical Size = 7113198573
Characteristics = Volume NewVolName VolCRC
Solid = -
Blocks = 9
Multivolume = +
Volume Index = 1
Volumes = 34

Sub items Errors: 1

Archives with Errors: 1

Sub items Errors: 1

2: Fatal error occurred, "

Are you trying to unpack each zipped file? Usually you only have to unpack the first and it extracts the video from all of the zipped files?

I had it set to make a new folder, so it was making a new folder for each file. I was messing with them individually when that did not work, and it turns out that I should have still messed with the settings for them altogether. Thank you, for letting me know that, it extracted perfectly now.

Back
Top Bottom