• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Isolating music on a complete edit

The Warlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys,

So I would like to isolate the new re-purposed score I used for an edit of mine, in which for dialogue, I used the raw studio audio.

The only problem is, I only have the complete edit.

I tried splitting the AC3 audio into 6 wav files on Audacity, but my new music is still attached to the dialogue track.

Am I out of luck?

Warlord

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In that case It would be WAY easier to make it again from the scratch than isolate it.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're probably out of luck if you're trying to get the soundtrack. The vocals can be extracted, but the soundtrack doesn't separate well with the ai tools. Do you not have your original files?

The Warlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought so! I guess the music is "glued" to the dialogue track now.

The Warlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're probably out of luck if you're trying to get the soundtrack. The vocals can be extracted, but the soundtrack doesn't separate well with the ao tools. Do you not have your original files?
Alas no. Its not a biggie, just wandered if I could.

RickeyFrench

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,
To extract audio from a complete edit, you can use professional audio editing software like Mod APK to do this process.
However, if you only have the complete edit and no original of the audio, it's much more difficult to separate that audio. In this case, you can try using online audio separation tools, such as getmodnow.com , to try to separate the audio from your edit.
However, extracting audio from a complete edit may not achieve the best quality, and you may have to work with audio files that have not been split perfectly.
Hope this helps you.

The Warlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,
To extract audio from a complete edit, you can use professional audio editing software like Mod APK to do this process.
However, if you only have the complete edit and no original of the audio, it's much more difficult to separate that audio. In this case, you can try using online audio separation tools, such as getmodnow.com , to try to separate the audio from your edit.
However, extracting audio from a complete edit may not achieve the best quality, and you may have to work with audio files that have not been split perfectly.
Hope this helps you.
Thanks. The audio is 'glued' into the final file, so I'm doubtful that will work, but I will take a look.

Top Bottom