• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Is there an Fan Edit that Ends The Walking Dead?

VERsingthegamez

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After watching this video, are there any edits out there trying to end the show or in the works? The show could have ended at so many points and I'd love to see if anyone has thought of a good ending point and is basing an edit around that.

I'm very new to editing and I do it primarily as a hobby at home, so take this with a massive grain of salt.
I made an abridged version of The Walking Dead for my wife. I don't know what the spoiler policy is here so I'll be vague.
I streamlined some of the slower stories and cut-off the show before it became focused on action stories rather than character-driven drama.
Picking a satisfying ending was very very difficult BUT I think I accomplished it for myself.

My edit of The Walking Dead series is only 47 episodes long. The series ends optimistically but ambiguously with Season 5 Episode 12.
It feels like a natural conclusion to the story for this group that fought so hard to find a life worth living. It places them all in the uncomfortable position of finding a purpose in a new functioning society.

It closes the loop on their stories and really emphasizes the PTSD they have all experienced. Rick puts on the uniform but he isn't "Officer Friendly" anymore, Carl goes from wise beyond his years child soldier to awkward teenager that struggles to talk to girls, Daryl suddenly doesn't belong because he was a more natural fit for the dystopian world, Carol dons the disguise of a sheltered housewife an idyllic naïve impersonation of her former self, etc etc.

Rick's final line in my series implies that the trauma they've experienced could have hardened them to the point of potentially being the new "threat" to the Alexandria group BUT I think it reads as mostly hopeful that they will forge a new path for this group to become stronger but maintain a code.

Also for fun I use the opening credits from the final season as the series finale credits. Adds to the hopeful vibe with nature growing despite the walkers. I play "Space Junk" over the credits instead of the main theme as a throwback to the iconic tank scene.

Last edited:
I'm very new to editing and I do it primarily as hobby at home, so take this with a massive grain of salt.
I made an abridged version of The Walking Dead for my wife. I don't know what the spoiler policy is here so I'll be vague.
I streamlined some of the slower stories and cut-off the show before it became focused on action stories rather than character-driven drama.
Picking a satisfying ending was very very difficult BUT I think I accomplished it for myself.

My edit of The Walking Dead series is only 47 episodes long. The series ends optimistically but ambiguously with Season 5 Episode 12.
It feels like a natural conclusion to the story for this group that fought so hard to find a life worth living. It places them all in the uncomfortable position of finding a purpose in a new functioning society.

It closes the loop on their stories and really emphasizes the PTSD they have all experienced. Rick puts on the uniform but he isn't "Officer Friendly" anymore, Carl goes from wise beyond his years child soldier to awkward teenager that struggles to talk to girls, Daryl suddenly doesn't belong because he was a more natural fit for the dystopian world, Carol dons the disguise of a sheltered housewife an idyllic naïve impersonation of her former self, etc etc.

Rick's final line in my series implies that the trauma they've experienced could have hardened them to the point of potentially being the new "threat" to the Alexandria group BUT I think it reads as mostly hopeful that they will forge a new path for this group to become stronger but maintain a code.

Also for fun I use the opening credits from the final season as the series finale credits. Adds to the hopeful vibe with nature growing despite the walkers. I play "Space Junk" over the credits instead of the main theme as a throwback to the iconic tank scene.
This sounds pretty amazing, tbh. Hope you're able to make an official listing for it on the IFDB!

Thanks! I don't know if I'm going to make that an official listing because I'm not sure it's quite "good enough" to share with others. I definitely had a bit of a learning curve along the way. I only made a few creative decisions with the cut besides the ending that I really think are worth discussing.
Mostly I was trying to make TWD for a new potential fan, not reinvent the wheel for anyone that has already seen the show. I wish the actual show had committed to ending with Season 5 and created a tighter story. I'm not attached to the original source material and I think there are diminishing returns from the show after Season 5 (with a few exceptions that I couldn't reasonably squeeze into my cut without massive time jumps).

Thanks! I don't know if I'm going to make that an official listing because I'm not sure it's quite "good enough" to share with others. I definitely had a bit of a learning curve along the way. I only made a few creative decisions with the cut besides the ending that I really think are worth discussing.
Mostly I was trying to make TWD for a new potential fan, not reinvent the wheel for anyone that has already seen the show. I wish the actual show had committed to ending with Season 5 and created a tighter story. I'm not attached to the original source material and I think there are diminishing returns from the show after Season 5 (with a few exceptions that I couldn't reasonably squeeze into my cut without massive time jumps).
I'd love to see this if possible.

I'd love to see this if possible.
I'm planning to revisit my TWD edit library in a few weeks and I'll definitely keep you in mind. I may create an official listing or I might just DM, depending on how I feel about the project at that time.

I'm planning to revisit my TWD edit library in a few weeks and I'll definitely keep you in mind. I may create an official listing or I might just DM, depending on how I feel about the project at that time.
OK. I did make a posting on how I felt season 6 could be made to end the show better if you're interested in seeing that.

This does sound fascinating! The ending to the series you describe sounds fitting. I hope you keep us updated.

I'm very new to editing and I do it primarily as a hobby at home, so take this with a massive grain of salt.

My very first edit was of TWD and, while it was a terrible edit, it got me on my fanedit journey. I've got an outline for a V2 that may be my next project after Demystified. Anyway, my ending idea was one episode before yours, with a more ambiguous tone as to whether this was going to be the real deal or if the cycle would continue.

Back
Top Bottom