• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Iron Man 3 Reforged

Masirimso17 said:
Why would you remove all the panic attack scenes? I actually quite liked that subplot.

I removed them because they had no proper resolution. Also two scenes dealing with it had to be cut to remove the child's role. That left me with only two instances of where it is addressed. Once during the dream where he wakes up and MK 42 is attacking Pepper. After that scene was cut that left only the scene in the restaurant with Rhodes. But that had to be cut because in the end it was the only reference to the PTSD and became a loose plot thread

juice4z0 said:
I removed them because they had no proper resolution. Also two scenes dealing with it had to be cut to remove the child's role. That left me with only two instances of where it is addressed. Once during the dream where he wakes up and MK 42 is attacking Pepper. After that scene was cut that left only the scene in the restaurant with Rhodes. But that had to be cut because in the end it was the only reference to the PTSD and became a loose plot thread

Makes sense. I'm looking forward to this fanedit.

TM2YC said:
Some alt titles...

Iron Man 3: Stark Reality Cut
Iron Man 3: Stark Contrast Edition

...anything with a pun on Stark really ;-)

Stark Naked?:-D

Are there any updates on this project? The cut that I previewed was great.

It got delayed a bit, I hit a creative road block for some time and then just moved. I did some work on it today and I have to do one more watch but I believe i have the final cut.

I would say the release is near

Neat. I've been wanting to see some IM3 edits ever since I saw the movie. Excited to see how this one turns out.

This has been finished and submitted. It's been a while, my first edit in like 2 years.

Enjoy

Great to see this didn't get abandoned!

so iron man is about to get juiced. ;-)

ssj said:
so iron man is about to get juiced.
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19.gif
*melted

Links are up in the normal place and it is listed on ifdb.

Review left on IFDB:

I haven't revisited Iron Man 3 since it was originally released. Simply put, it's the weakest and sloppiest of the MCU films so far. I remember talking about a potential fanedit for it with juice when it came out and I assumed we both agreed it was too much of a hot mess to fix. Well, now a few years later and here we are, juice has given us a much-needed improved version.

Does this fanedit completely redeem this film? No. Does it make it more enjoyable and easier to stomach? Oh hell yeah.

No tech issues at all. Quality was superb, editing was invisible.

Storywise, the only thing I really missed was some of Stark's PTSD in the first act. Especially the scenes showing his failed suits. It made him more of a flawed human being and less of an all-powerful superhero. But those scenes weren't sorely missed, so no harm done.

This is definitely a superior version of Iron Man 3 and a cut I recommend watching. I especially loved the post-credits scene juice added!

A/V Quality - 10
Editing - 10
Narrative - 9
Enjoyment - 8

Thanks for the review! So glad to hear you enjoyed it and Yeah I remember that conversation of "how and the hell do you fix this movie." Luckily hail to the king came out and winter solider helped make the movie make more sense. To me one of the hugest plot holes in iron man 3 was the fact that no one helped him. I'm not suggesting the entire avengers show up to help. But I refuse to believe shield wouldn't have played some part in helping.

As for the PTSD scenes, I left them in until near the end of editing. But with all of the kids scenes deleted there were only two scenes left and I really wanted to get rid of the suit attacking Pepper so once I did that the only reference to it was at the diner during the first act. And that seemed out of place without any other reference to it.

Thanks again for reviewing it

Made a BD cover for this one:

Iron%20Man%20Reforged%20BD.jpg

based on art by fanart.tv user leepenny

Hey look who's back! I haven't seen your username around in a while. 

It's been a few months since I saw your IM3 edit, but I've gotta say, it's one of the great textbook examples of what a fanedit should be. Many of the trims and tucks change the plot and really improve the film greatly. All the edits were seemless and I only really noticed that the kid and the 1999 intro got cut out, everything else was not missed in the slightest. I know it's a generic expression around these parts, but it has replaced the BR sitting on my shelf.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Hey look who's back! I haven't seen your username around in a while. 

It's been a few months since I saw your IM3 edit, but I've gotta say, it's one of the great textbook examples of what a fanedit should be. Many of the trims and tucks change the plot and really improve the film greatly. All the edits were seemless and I only really noticed that the kid and the 1999 intro got cut out, everything else was not missed in the slightest. I know it's a generic expression around these parts, but it has replaced the BR sitting on my shelf.

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you enjoyed it.  That one was a hard edit to do but it is one of my favorites because it made the movie watchable.  I hate the theatrical version sooooooo much its not funny.  I am glad that RDJ kept doing Marvel movies because if this would have been his last non Avengers appearance that would have been sad.

Anyone know what happened to this edit? Was it deleted from the ifdb?

Back
Top Bottom