• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Iron Man (2008) 1.1

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was re-watching this movie and there were 2 things I wondered about. 1. Were was Rhodey during the ambush? 2. It seems odd that Rhodey just shows up after Tony is just wondering around after his escape? So I'm taking the extended scene from the ambush and the deleted scene from the military base and putting them back in.

Also if I can make it work, I will change the post credit scene to have Nick talking about radioactive spiders and mutants. The MCU has evolved so it's foreshadowing more this way.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both those scenes were included in the TV cut of the film that aired on FX back in the day. I have no idea if it's resurfaced online, but it could be useful as a guide as to how to incorperate the scenes.

The bug bite line is the only part I don't like in that extra scene. seems too foreshadowing.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's also a few deleted moments from the finale where Rhodey tries to help stop Stane but crashes his car. If one were to desire a cheap in-universe excuse for the actor change, some of these moments could maybe be included to imply he sustained some injury (and perhaps the audience assumes he needed some reconstructive surgery between films, who's to say, there's no footage or audio of this so it's dependent on whether the implication reads well), which would repurpose his first line in IM2 from a meta comment to an in-universe comment on the change. Just don't show Terence Howard getting out of the crashed vehicle.

Just an idea to add more changes, and more runtime, while (I hope) maintaining the spirit of your overall idea. No hard feelings if you don't like or use it!

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The bug bite line could be how Tony thinks to recruit Spider-Man in Civil War though.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is what I got for the mid credits. I moved it up because I don't want to wait until the end of all the credits LOL.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's also a few deleted moments from the finale where Rhodey tries to help stop Stane but crashes his car. If one were to desire a cheap in-universe excuse for the actor change, some of these moments could maybe be included to imply he sustained some injury (and perhaps the audience assumes he needed some reconstructive surgery between films, who's to say, there's no footage or audio of this so it's dependent on whether the implication reads well), which would repurpose his first line in IM2 from a meta comment to an in-universe comment on the change. Just don't show Terence Howard getting out of the crashed vehicle.

Just an idea to add more changes, and more runtime, while (I hope) maintaining the spirit of your overall idea. No hard feelings if you don't like or use it!
I looked into that but the FX on those are just too unfinished and I don't know how else to make that work? Open to the idea if someone has a way for me to look at. I will have this done in a few days. I'm just trying to get the deleted scenes the right quality and playback.

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have everything as clean on here as I can. The deleted scene with Rhodey at the base moves just a little bit off due to the frame rate rip from the disc. It's not too bad, but it is noticeable. I can't get it any better than I already have it though.

So the edit is good to go!

lantern51

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought I would share a little of the extended scene:

FlanEdit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried looking for this edit on fanedit info but it doesnt appear to be there - any way to get hold of a copy?

Top Bottom