• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

INVASION - Flash, Arrow & Legends Movie

Wow, you couldn't tell at all. I thought the actual Arrow fight itself with all the villains was a bit wonky, but couldn't tell if it was the show or the editing.
Might be a bit of both LOL.

When I made this fan edit, I had no intent on releasing it. As my MAC was on its last legs, Apple had stopped supporting most of old Final Cut software, and I basically made the edit in single weekend on the old iMovie in Standard Definition. But it was so much to make, I figured, what the heck, I may as well share it. So the editing is certainly not as sophisticated or refined as it should be. I know I could do better now. And maybe... one day... I will do a proper HD rebuild. :)

Thank You @Profit for your review for my first ever attempt at an Arrowverse edit.

I did give a 9 on the narrative but only because i found a few scene transitions a little jarring.

I agree. I definitely could do better now with HD and multi-audio channels to now manipulate.
Maybe one day.... šŸ˜

@Martian Manhunter (love the name!!!!) Thank You for posting a review.

Any narrative faults still present in this edit either stem from the sometimes inevitable cheesy writings of the CW shows or that this is not an actual standalone story but an in-media res narrative of many ongoing tv shows ( Vixen for example, has no proper introduction into the narrative. She just appears in the last half-an hour as one of the Legends, obviously because the CW was saving money by having Maisie Richardson-Sellers only appear in the crossover as part of a proper Legends episode).

Completely agree with this observation.

One fact some might be aware of ( I know I was shocked when I learned it, though I really shouldn't have been), is even though the Arrowverse Crossover Events are Big Ratings for the CW and must be approved/ordered each year by the CW, the Production Teams do NOT receive any additional budget for these events. They have to do some very creative juggling to pull them off... often you will see more "bottle" episodes before and after a Crossover in order to use that money for the Event. You also have to pay your lead actors "overtime" to appear on the other shows. Thus, to save money, certain actors, usually secondary support characters, only appear in the series they are contracted to. Nevertheless, I think it is absolutely remarkable what Team Berlanti is able to pull off with their limited budgets. Often creating something far more entertaining and faithful to the source material compared to their Big Screen counterparts.

THANK YOU @RhythmRice for your very positive review.

I agree there is a bit of pacing issue at the mid-point of the fan edit. This is partly due to the fact episode two of Invasion was the 100th Episode celebration of ARROW, and the Invasion storyline basically came to stand still. I tried to truncate it as best as I could to keep the story moving... if I ever get around to doing an HD Redux of Invasion, it is one of the issues I want to improve.

@MrEliMac THANK YOU for taking the time to post your review.

...this made me smile the entire time. I could not keep my eyes off of it.

YAY!!! :)

... minor nitpicks with were moments when they would explain certain character relationships ... I mainly noticed with Cisco's and Barry's relationship...

While I try to make these crossovers as Stand Alone As Possible, it is never a fully clean process. Certain storylines and relationship plots still spill over. But I sort of view it as a positive, rather than a negative. I always hope these side storylines might entice the viewer to go out and explore the greater Arrowverse afterwards and discover its magic.

But I absolutely agree, the antagonistic relationship between Barry and Cisco plays a bit awkward, and that is definitely one story point I want to address when I do my eventual HD ReDux Version.

Thinking ahead to when I eventually will do the HD Redux Version, decided to create a new poster that is more "comic booky" like my other CRISIS fan edit posters...

Invasion-Poster.jpg

šŸ˜

@masonpat1 Thank You so much for your review.

He could create an entire cinematic universe with all of the content that is out there.

That is the plan. Though Real Life has put my ARROWVERSE BEGINNINGS project on hold these last few months, I hope to resume it sooner rather than later.

My only critique is that I would've loved a mid/post credit scene added to get fans hype for the next film

I definitely do that when I eventual create the new and improved HD Redux version of Invasion.

:)

Back
Top Bottom