• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Introducing The Hobbit: Bloat Free Edition (2017)

whenwasiborn

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Bloat Free Edition is a fresh fan edit of Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy condensed into one focused epic.[/font]

c5GCIaf.jpg

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]As the title suggests, this edit removes all the unnecessary bloat that was added to the trilogy. Clocking in at just over five hours, this film aims to be as close as possible to what Jackson would've created in the originally planned two-part saga.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I had two main goals with this edit:[/font][/font]
  1. [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Reduce the film to the perspective of the three key characters, Bilbo, Thorin & Bard.[/font]
  2. [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Create a good edit, that flows well, feels and sounds like a real film, and doesn't contain any major continuity errors.[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have also added many Extended Edition scenes back into the film, reduced a lot of the highlights bloat from the third film, and optimised the film for iTunes, including [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]full meta-data, with chapter markers and custom cover art.[/font][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have posted a full description of the changes and download details over on r/thehobbit. Just Google "The Hobbit: Bloat Free Edition".[/font][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me or comment with any other questions, either here or on reddit.[/font][/font]

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is quite interesting. Also, not many people makes it iTunes friendly. :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Pending Approval, until this has been reviewed by the Academy. Thanks.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Project moved to inactive due to the editor not responding to PM's for over a month.

Please PM staff if you'd like to revisit this project and/or resubmit this edit in the future.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Project moved to inactive due to the editor not responding to PM's for over a month (again).

Please PM staff if you'd like to revisit this project and/or resubmit this edit in the future.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally managed to get to watch this Hobbit edit and finally found 5-hours to review it :D. It's easily approved:

14514010924_d2f40d31b9_o.jpg

The audio editing is smooth and seamless throughout and the video editing is also invisible for the most part. There are only a few points around the areas where the three movies were stitched together that stood out as noticeably awkward and even those were very minor and forgivable issues. I question whether anybody truly wants to watch The Hobbit in one 5-hour sitting (I know I had to break it up into a few sessions) but if you do, this is the non-stop narrative edit to give you that experience. Most of the major gripes people have (the romantic subplot for example) are removed but a few instances of silliness remain which stopped this from being my go to edit (it's got the bloody awful plates song still in it ;) ). That type of stuff is going to be down to personal taste.

Thread moved to completed. Congratulations.

whenwasiborn

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you so much!

While I agree the plates song is done a little over the top, I couldn't bring myself to remove a scene that I remember enjoying so much in the book.

And I also agree that 5-hours is a long time, however I just felt that there was no way to conclude one movie and start the next, so I just left it as one piece so that you can pause it at your leisure if that is your wish (although I have now watched it through in full 4 times and didn't struggle too much. It was only the most recent time I watched it that I got bored during the Battle of the Five armies, but realistically there isn't much that can be done to fix that battle. Peter and co. did the best that they possibly could with the literal zero time of prep they were given.

So what happens next? Is this added to the database and added to next months list of nominees?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unless I'm not remembering correctly, you can now submit it to the database.  And yes it will be included in next month's contest.

Top Bottom