• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Infinity Thor - Complete

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Left you a review last night, I did enjoy it for the most part even if the review does end in a "mixed" verdict, but that's largely because I find Raganrok just a very poor film, it's no fault of yours.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Left you a review last night, I did enjoy it for the most part even if the review does end in a "mixed" verdict, but that's largely because I find Raganrok just a very poor film, it's no fault of yours.

I saw your review. I'm not entirely sure what you were expecting since I never suggested I would be changing anything about the Ragnarok scenes beyond removing the Asgard/Hela plotline. If you didn't like the film beforehand this edit probably wasn't for you. 70% of this edit is made up of footage from Ragnorok a film I personally love.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
Zarius said:

I saw your review. I'm not entirely sure what you were expecting since I never suggested I would be changing anything about the Ragnarok scenes beyond removing the Asgard/Hela plotline. If you didn't like the film beforehand this edit probably wasn't for you. 70% of this edit is made up of footage from Ragnorok a film I personally love.

I wanted to see how the last 58 minutes or so went and to see if the Ragnarok portions worked with the scenes you cut, and it did. I praised the technical aspects as well as the latter half...which is still half the movie's runtime. Just because I didn't like something that built up to it doesn't mean I thought a 9 GB file(!), was a total write-off.

As for whether or not an edit is "not for me". There was enough in there that certainly was, and if you hadn't noticed, I'm not the only reviewer who approached this with mixed opinions.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have P.M'ed you on this matter, sorry for all the drama :)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
I like how people downvoted your review not because it's not helpful, but because you dared to say Ragnarok's execution was awful. Thor: Ragnarok fans get the biggest kind of butthurt.

As one who down voted, I did so because it didn't really express why the scores were low. Low scores are fine, but unless someone is going to address them so that the editor can take it as constructive criticism and grow from it, it's really just expressing personal displeasure. Speaking of personal displeasure, my butt doesn't hurt ;)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can I politely ask people to stop arguing over my edit.

As for the reviews @"mnkykungfu" I, like DigMod, also down voted it. However, that was before Zarius choose to PM me 3 days later and apologise for being unduly harsh in the 'original' review and said they wanted to reword it to better reflect their thoughts on the edit itself. That was all Zarius' choice. It appears editing a review doesn't alter the votes it has already received. Zarius and I talked, there's no bad blood there, I had assumed this matter was closed.

You'll notice that all three of the reviews have given the edit 10's for Quality, Audio, Visual. The narrative and enjoyment scores are low on two of the reviews because the reviewers stated they "personally don't like the source material". My edit never once claimed to alter the source material and there is a cohesive narrative throughout.
Surely the point of the project threads is so people know what the edit is trying to do and can go into it with eyes open. Ordering a burger that has pickles on it and then writing a negative review that says "contained pickles" is churlish. Like DigMod I down voted not because of a criticism of Ragnorok but because the review was unhelpful.

Ultimately I don't care that some people dislike Thor: Ragnorok, personally I really love it. As such I made an edit that kept all the things I loved and made that clear for those going in. Part of me now regrets that because clearly there are some very defensive/opinionated fans who would rather critique Taika Waititi's film rather than my fanedit. I find that disappointing and, quite frankly, it makes me feel apprehensive about continuing my work on my Star Wars edit which deals with the last Jedi, a far more divisive film than Thor: Ragnorok.

I don't expect praise, I just expect fairness. As I said at the start I would like to draw a line under this.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
Can I politely ask people to stop arguing over my edit.

As for the reviews @"mnkykungfu" I, like DigMod, also down voted it. However, that was before Zarius choose to PM me 3 days later and apologise for being unduly harsh in the 'original' review and said they wanted to reword it to better reflect their thoughts on the edit itself. That was all Zarius' choice. It appears editing a review doesn't alter the votes it has already received. Zarius and I talked, there's no bad blood there, I had assumed this matter was closed.

You'll notice that all three of the reviews have given the edit 10's for Quality, Audio, Visual. The narrative and enjoyment scores are low on two of the reviews because the reviewers stated they "personally don't like the source material". My edit never once claimed to alter the source material and there is a cohesive narrative throughout.
Surely the point of the project threads is so people know what the edit is trying to do and can go into it with eyes open. Ordering a burger that has pickles on it and then writing a negative review that says "contained pickles" is churlish. Like DigMod I down voted not because of a criticism of Ragnorok but because the review was unhelpful.

Ultimately I don't care that some people dislike Thor: Ragnorok, personally I really love it. As such I made an edit that kept all the things I loved and made that clear for those going in. Part of me now regrets that because clearly there are some very defensive/opinionated fans who would rather critique Taika Waititi's film rather than my fanedit. I find that disappointing and, quite frankly, it makes me feel apprehensive about continuing my work on my Star Wars edit which deals with the last Jedi, a far more divisive film than Thor: Ragnorok.

I don't think you have to worry about that, we have a lot of very well received Last Jedi edits here, and Last Jedi is, in structure, a very good film that I feel people would give a real chance to if it walked back on a few things, and even so, that doesn't mean walking back is necessary either.

Take for example the 'Legendary' LJ cut, it retains much of what the original had, and the editor himself is a fan of the material, he also didn't do a lot to tweek his edit of The Force Awakens other than re-arrange a couple of scenes to make it work more effectively as a drama. 

So press forward with what you're presently passionate about, fear of the unknown is always worse.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I stand corrected and will delete my comment there! I was unaware of any drama around this. Haven't seen this thread or the previous reviews. As the review stands, it seems very fair to me, with reasons given for not liking how some material was incorporated (and praise for other bits as well).
My standard for if a review is useful is that I can get a sense of what it would be, whether I would feel similarly or not. While I don't agree with everything in that review, I understood it well, so it was far more useful to me that many I see that are like "I enjoyed it, it's so fun! Thanks editor!" <everything 10 stars, therefore the best edit ever> Those are useless. 
My experience on various other sites has definitely made me tired of *some* Thor:Ragnarok fans. My apologies for ass-u-me-ing that this was another case of that!

PacMan Pete

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey guys,

Don't know if I can just jump on the thread but hopefully that's ok :)

I am looking to see Infinity Thor fan edit if possible? I really like Ragnarok, it's my favourite Thor movie (in my humble opinion). I thought the trailer for this fan edit looked Mint :)

I'm pretty unfamiliar with navigating this site and the group etiquette, so please forgive me if I'm stepping on any toes.

Cheers PacManP :)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PacMan Pete said:
I'm pretty unfamiliar with navigating this site and the group etiquette, so please forgive me if I'm stepping on any toes.

Cheers PacManP :)

Hi Pete, welcome to the community. Thanks for your interest and your kind words about the trailer. Take a look over the site rules, it'll probably answer your questions but if you have any queries re: etiquette etc just PM one of the mods.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh, now we have a review that's telling people not to watch the edit if they hate Ragnarok...

I feel like this is all my fault.  :(

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you to @yikexz for their review of this edit, I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. If you've not checked it out already you might find my Thor: Odinson? Edit of interest too. I'm also slowly working through plans to round the trilogy out with an Avengers/Dark World fanmix entitled The Crimes of Loki.

Last edited:
Top Bottom