• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Infinity Thor - Complete

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
6bo9Bgs.jpg

The aim of this edit is a simple one:

To combine Thor: Ragnarok with Infinity War while keeping the focus on Thor.

To achieve this I will be removing all the Thor centric scenes from Infinity War and using them to create an epilogue to Thor: Ragnarok. To keep the run time down the narrative of Thor: Ragnarok will be truncated by removing the bulk of the scenes involving Hela keeping only her introduction and the confrontation upon Thor's return to Asgard.

I've put together a very rough assembly cut and it clocks in at roughly 2hr 30min. I will be putting a formal draft together this week. If you'd be interested in previewing this please get in touch.

Here's a quick proof of concept sample:
[align=center]

woundedmakers

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool idea! I'm curious how Ragnarok's mid credit scene (Thanos ship looming) will flow into Infinity War's opening. While I understand the filmmakers' choice, skipping Thanos' attack on the ship felt like something we should've seen. Valkyrie and Korg are conveniently part of the group that Thanos spared? Did they put up a fight? Where did he send them, as they don't appear until Endgame? It felt like a bit of a cheat.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks @"woundedmakers" I'll be sharing a sample of the transition from Ragnorok to Infinity War soon. I'm using a repurposed shot from Guardian's of the Galaxy 2 as a bridge.

I've decided I will be I'm adding the Garden sequence from Endgame as an after credits scene.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right, draft #1 of this is being uploaded now. If you'd like to help guide the project by previewing this and giving feedback on it please PM me.

Re: The first draft.
  • It has no credits or post credit scenes.
  • It only features temporary titles.
  • I inadvertently skipped the sequence with Thor and Cap talking about Hair/beards. I'll try to incorporate that into draft two.
The main aspect I want feedback on is pacing. What can be trimmed?

Personally, I am unsure about the final showdown, should I cut the scenes with Thanos and Vision?

The post credit scene will be Thor's showdown with Thanos in his Garden starting from Captain Marvel hovering above the planet.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
Personally, I am unsure about the final showdown, should I cut the scenes with Thanos and Vision?

I think they should be retained since you start the Infinity War footage with Thanos acquiring a stone, and mention is made of another he attained, so i think the viewer would be a little invested in seeing if he completes his quest.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm currently awaiting feedback on this from a few previewers but until I get that I do not wish to move forward with this so this project will go on hiatus until then.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got around to previewing this edit a couple days ago, it was a great experience. There was only one noticeable cut, and only a couple moments that I felt needed trimming. For a workprint I was expecting it to be much rougher, but I found this to be excellently crafted for the most part even in this early state. This was a lot of fun to watch, made me remember just how much I love Thor Ragnarok.
Now, it's very likely that there were things that I missed, so I implore others to preview this.

This was my original feedback message to Malthus :
First off, you said that it was really rough, but there was only one cut throughout the whole thing that stood out to me, the rest of the editing was seamless to my eyes (the noticeable cut in question was at 17:12 when Doctor Strange is talking). As far as what to trim, I suggest cutting the scene where Hela recruits the janitor guy, since we never see him working with her later (unless I missed something), I think it could be cut without affecting the plot. Other than that, I didn't notice anything that would really be worth cutting. I mean, some jokes could be trimmed to bring down the runtime, but that may detract from the experience (I could elaborate on which particular jokes I don't care for, but that's of course subjective). I would possibly consider cutting the shot at 2:11:28 with the "NIDAVELLIR" location title, since it's the the only one like it in the edit, and we already know where they're going. That's all I can really think of to mention.
So yeah, I think this was pretty great, the cuts worked well, I didn't notice anything was missing from Ragnarok until around halfway through, I really liked the transition between the moviesthe whole thing doesn't feel too long, I don't think there's a whole lot that needs to be done for this to be perfect in my eyes.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
this project will go on hiatus until then.

Would you like this to be moved to inactive?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Would you like this to be moved to inactive?

No thank you Dig, given the feedback I got from @"jrWHAG42" it seems I don't have anywhere near as much work to do on this to complete it. I had envision needing to restructure the final act and possibly trim aspects throughout but that doesn't appear to be the case. Ultimately I was conflicted about it's length and whether the final act worked now I've had the answers to those questions so aside from fixing the two points Jr raised this is effectively complete. I'll knock up some artwork this weekend and finish the edit next week.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
the noticeable cut in question was at 17:12 when Doctor Strange is talking

I just checked the file I sent you and then checked the timeline. I didn't make a cut at that timestamp. Could you elaborate on the issue so I can possibly address it. Thanks

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
jrWHAG42 said:
the noticeable cut in question was at 17:12 when Doctor Strange is talking

I just checked the file I sent you and then checked the timeline. I didn't make a cut at that timestamp. Could you elaborate on the issue so I can possibly address it. Thanks

When Doctor Strange says "Then I'll help you" it just sounds abrupt when he stops talking. I just checked, and this is absolutely in the regular film, so my apologies for pointing out a cut that wasn't yours.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I just checked, and this is absolutely in the regular film, so my apologies for pointing out a cut that wasn't yours.

No worries.

Update:
I've removed the "NIDAVELLIR" location title but I'm keeping Hela's entry to Asgard as it establishes where she went. I also think she looks fabulous in that scene and I am being very harsh to her character since I've cut the majority of her scenes in this edit. I've also added a 5-minute post-credit scene using the Garden sequence from Endgame. The film ends as Thor leaves the Cabin.

Jobs left to do:

Formalise credits and title

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice trailer @"Malthus"! I like how you found an Avengers track that matches the feel of Ragnarok. Looking forward to checking this out soon.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Dig, I just need to finalise some artwork then I'll be submitting this edit.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alternative poster: Recoloured/minus the glitch effect

CMI3brq.jpg

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
\(°o°)/

This edit now complete, encoded and uploaded.

I'll be submitting this to the IFDB tomorrow. Big thank you to all of you who followed this project's development and a special thank you to @"jrWHAG42" for giving up their time to watch the preview copy and feedback about it.

I'm not done with Thor just yet. I'll be rounding out my Trilogy with a fanmixed edit of Avengers and Dark World entitled:

Thor: The Crimes of Loki

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on another finish line crossed!

Top Bottom