• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Inexplicable flashframes in Vegas

FoolsFollowing

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, just a quick question about Vegas Movie Studio 11. Occasionlly when editing a video, a flashframe will appear in a shot even though that part of the video isn't and never has been split.

To clarify this, I will draw a quick diagram:

VIDEO TRACK I-------X-------I-------------I

The "----" is the video track. The "I" are the splits I've made. And the X is just a normal bit of unsplit videotrack, yet when viewed a flashframe appears.

I did have this problem before, but when I reloaded the file the 'ghost' flashframe dissapeared. This time, however, it is still there when I reopen the file. At the moment this isn't a huge problem, I can simply use the source to recut the same part of the scene again. But I would like to know if anybody else has encountered this problem, and if they know what has caused it/how to avoid it in future?

(And if this wasn't clear I'll happily try explaining again. Sometimes I really suck at describing things! :p)

what file format are you editing. This is a known bug with some compressed files such as DIVX or XVID encoded AVI files. This can be avoided by using a lossless codec.

What does the flash frame look like? Does it appear all static-like? If it is the same issue I get from time to time, it is just a weird glitch with previewing and preview buffering or something. It has nothing to do with your source material or your output render. Just do a quick render of a section with one of these flash frames and see if it still shows up in your output. I'm guessing it will look just fine and you can ignore it.

geminigod said:
What does the flash frame look like? Does it appear all static-like? If it is the same issue I get from time to time, it is just a weird glitch with previewing and preview buffering or something. It has nothing to do with your source material or your output render. Just do a quick render of a section with one of these flash frames and see if it still shows up in your output. I'm guessing it will look just fine and you can ignore it.

Yep, it was a static frame. The rendering worked, and it seems to have removed the glitch from the track in edit-mode also. Thanks! :-D

ThrowgnCpr said:
what file format are you editing. This is a known bug with some compressed files such as DIVX or XVID encoded AVI files. This can be avoided by using a lossless codec.

Editing an Avi, but Geminigod's solution got it. Cheers anyway. =)

Just a reminder: you can put a prefix on your thread title when posting in the tech forum. It saves us from doing it ;)

Ah yes, thanks Frink. Learning something new everyday this month. :-D

Back
Top Bottom