• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: The InfoDroid Edit

InfoDroid said:
Well.....I guess the verdict is officially in. My first venture bombed. :-(

The general consensus seems to be that it was technically good, but it wasn't anything anyone really wanted to see done to Temple of Doom.

Ah well, should I even bother releasing "Last Crusade"?

I wouldn't call this a failure. This edit is something that you wanted and it was well done. There will be people who also want to see the same cuts. Certainly not everyone, and here, maybe not most people, ...BUT there will be people who will love all of these cuts. It is a well made fanedit.

So to get at your question... YES, you should release Last Crusade.

what throw said.

My edit of Last Crusade would be a lot less radical, because it was designed to be much more similar in tone to Raiders in the first place. They got a little too carried away with the comedy though.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the encouragement, Throw and Boon.

P.S. - Before any of you ask, I'm already planning my edit for Raiders. All that silly Ark stuff has to go! And that truck chase? Horrible! I'm gonna reduce the sappy Marion love story and eliminate Belloq completely from the film. :wink:

I've always loved Temple of Doom, precisely because it's so different from Raiders. Don't get me wrong, I love Raiders, it's one of my favorite movies, but I don't like to see the same thing repeated over and over again. Temple of Doom has its moments of silliness obviously, but I love the darkness of it too. That's why I don't think this cut is for me. Also, I'm not a big fan of you matching the credits to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. That movie was a pile of crap and an insult to the Indy franchise. If anything, you should definitely edit that when it hits DVD. Make the credits more like the other ones, cut out the gophers, cut out the A-bomb scene, cut the Tarzan scene, the Duck in the tree scene, etc., etc. If you think Temple of Doom is silly, it's got nothing on Crystal Skull. As for Last Crusade, I'm all for it. I love it but it's a lot like Return of the Jedi, with its flaws. I especially don't like how they changed Brody into a bumbling idiot (but, then again, they changed Indy into a bumbling idiot in Crystal Skull). I'd be very much interested in seeing what you could do with Last Crusade. If anything, I think it tried too hard to recapture Raiders and, in the process, ended up feeling like a cheap copy at times, always pandering to its audience. As for your Temple of Doom cut, if it makes you feel any better, I betcha Spielberg would absolutely love it. He's always said that it was his least favorite (of course, that was before the abomination of Crystal Skull), that it was too dark and disgusting but that he was at a dark place in his life at the time. I don't agree with him but that's just me. Good luck on future edits.

InfoDroid said:
P.S. - Before any of you ask, I'm already planning my edit for Raiders. All that silly Ark stuff has to go! And that truck chase? Horrible! I'm gonna reduce the sappy Marion love story and eliminate Belloq completely from the film. :wink:

After seeing Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I think Raiders really needs some CG gophers. Just add them in all over the film, at random points. They don't have to add anything to the plot (that would be stupid), just insert shots of them. Oh, and at the end, when the Nazis open the Ark, hundreds and hundreds of CG gophers should just pour out. That would be so cute. :wat:

Infodroid, relax. I, for one, loved this edit! I thought you didn't try to destroy the film's identity, but you gave it an enema, fulshing out all the crap from inside the structure of the film, leaving us with a lean, tight and well put-together fanedit. Considering the atrocity against film TOD started out as, you'e genuinely improved it. Kudos to you, and I can't wait to see "Crusade"! BTW, I'm currently desinging a cover.

InfoDroid, when I first read you were editing Temple of Doom I was very excited, and then I watched the finished product - and it was great, in my opinion! Really interested in seeing what you do with the other films.

Thanks, Guys! Glad you liked it...

Can't wait to see your cover, Grievous! :)

InfoDroid said:
My edit of Last Crusade would be a lot less radical, because it was designed to be much more similar in tone to Raiders in the first place. They got a little too carried away with the comedy though.
Just make sure Marcus isn't a clown in your version. That's reason enough for anyone to edit Last Crusade.

ShiftyEyes said:
Just make sure Marcus isn't a clown in your version. That's reason enough for anyone to edit Last Crusade.

I second this.

Oh, believe me...that's my biggest pet peeve about the original.

THIS IS BY NO MEANS A "BOMB".

I just joined this forum today. Just to say that I FREAK'N LOVED THIS VERSION OF TEMPLE OF DOOM. Everything....EVERYTHING....that was adjusted, removed, and tweaked is what bothered me about this flick for years. Mind you, I saw it in the theater on opening day!

Everything that bothered me about this film made it the bottom of the list of my favorite Indy movies (even below CRYSTAL SKULL).

But now? With your version? I absolutely love your version. This is the TEMPLE OF DOOM that makes me enjoy the second installment of the Indy movies.

Thank you for your efforts...and in my opinion, your SUCCESS.

Tyke

Wow, thanks, Tyke! :smile: Glad you liked it, and welcome to the forum!

You are truly welcome, INFODROID.

ps: love your star wars trailers, too. wow!

Any chance the 700mb version could be rapidshared?

Thanks!

oh InfoDroid,its fanedit.org....not fanedited.com :D

In the easter egg.

Oh, yeah. :) Throwgncpr has already corrected me on that. Sorry. Haha... I've been using the same bookmark for a loooong time.

Back
Top Bottom