• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Independence Day Redeclared

I'd also love some news on the DVD edition. :)

Bump.

I've got a hankerin' to see this, but if I know when/if the DVD will be released, I'll wait for that.

I'll see if I've got time this weekend. However, I'm building a fence around my house and may be too knackered. It will come.....and I know I've said this before. :wink:

Alrighty. Well, have "fun" with that. I may be getting into building a shed myself. Wish I didn't have to, but I kinda do.

An update here. I was about to release a DVD when I decided to revisit some of the issues raised by the late flyboy707:

One that comes to mind is the goofy scene where Julius and David are driving to Wash. DC and they head into on-coming traffic; resulting in stupid screaming and a crash through a barrier.. UGH, this scene was silly in 1996 and is still silly in 2010.
FIXED

At approx. 40:40, just after the FLOTUS (First Lady of the US) helicopter lifts off from the pad, a very hard audio edit occurs when the movie cuts to the people on top of the building as the alien ship is about to destroy it.
FIXED

At approx 1:43:43, the scene where David and Steven are about launch. This scene is abrupt and has a very hard audio edit. This is because White43 removed the portion of the scene where Steve goes in reverse instead of forward and makes some silly comment. Now the scene abruptly cuts after Steven says “Let’s rock an roll.”
FIXED

I'm now preparing the NTSC video for creation of at last, a DVD :)

Dammit. CCE 2.70 doesn't work on my Win7 machine. I tried CCE SP3, but the settings are all utterly different.

I'm going to try Womble's own converter, if it looks shite, will need some suggestions.....

You could always try HC Enc. 0.25 has just come out, so I would imagine that it would work with Windows 7. I'm running Vista though, so I can't be sure.

Looking forward to the finished DVD release, hope you can sort out your software issues... finding about the only provide more wood for my Windows hating fire :lol:

Do not use the Womble converter. HCenc is your best option. Oh, and sell your copy of CCE while you're at it.

SP2 is Win 7 x64 compatible or at least it runs alright on my rig.

It's all good guys. The NTSC version has been created. It is uploading to Rapidshare as we speak.

Great! and perhaps to Megaupload as well? :whoo:

havok1977 said:
Great! and perhaps to Megaupload as well? :whoo:

No, unfortunately I don't have the money for two accounts and the majority of my stuff I download is from RS.

Why not upload to a free MU account?

Are there restrictions on how much you can upload to MU on a free account? Or how many people can download?

On a side note, a new XviD and brand new DVD9 have now been uploaded to RS. Links can be found in certain areas of this forum and hopefully soon up on fanedit.info! :D

white43 said:
Are there restrictions on how much you can upload to MU on a free account? Or how many people can download?
I don't believe so. I uploaded a few SW Prequel edits there to a free account that had gone missing from RS, and no problems so far with plenty of downloads. There is a time limit after the most recent download (60 days?) where the file will be deleted, however. It's worth a try anyway, if you don't have to worry about bandwidth limits from your ISP.

Thanks for the info Frink. I've had a look and you're right, so I might upload Samantha Darko DVD and then look to cross-upload both from RS to MU.

There is also the multiupload option that boon was talking about a little while back:
http://www.multiupload.com/

I don't know anything about it, however.

It's awesome.
You upload your stuff once, to multiupload, and multiupload sends copies to other sites.
With a single upload, I get full copies at multiupload.com, megaupload.com, zshare.net, rapidshare.com and hotfile.com

I ignore the options to also send copies to uploading.com and depositfiles.com because they suck uberly.

Multiupload, megaupload, and zshare support resuming and are the fastest.
Multiupload and zshare even allow multiple connections

Also, multiupload's batch uploader tool is actually quite good.

Back
Top Bottom