• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

In The Mouth of Event Horizon by RollWave

The livestream is over. Thanks to everyone who attended. We maxed out at 12 active in the chatroom, 16 total including idlers, and there could have been other watching the stream but not in chat I suppose. I'm pretty happy with that turnout considering the time was announced about 24 hours before it happened.

For anyone else releasing an edit in the future - this was a lot of fun. I highly recommend it. I was lucky enough that somebody contacted me and ran the whole thing, but I'm sure it's not that hard to run it yourself. And it's a cool way to talk about the edit to viewers while they watch, and similarly for them, to be able to ask you questions about the edit right on the spot, rather than they probably forget later and don't bother.

Thought you might enjoy this new fan commentary for Event Horizon...

Review:

This is an inspired fanedit! "In The Mouth of Madness" is a wonderful film, Carpenter's last great movie, and while this edit doesn't try to replace it, it gives it a fun new twist. There are a couple niggles, points that the rotoscoping/motion-tracking looked too obvious or slightly twitchy, but the majority of the work is solid and impressive. Recommended for horror fans.

A/V 10
Editing 9 visual / 10 audio
Narrative & Enjoyment 9

Back
Top Bottom