• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Liquid Courage:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The original FLIGHT was a movie I found to be pretty much instantly forgettable upon exiting the theatre, which really shocked me considering it's pedigree. Yes, Denzel Washington is riveting when on the screen, and Zemeckis performed some pretty cool visuals, but otherwise this story felt like it a Lifetime TV Movie of the Week, not a major motion picture. Thus, I was very curious what Gatos could redeem from this story. But to be honest, I did not trust myself to be unbiased when reviewing, so I pulled the old switcharoo on my beloved wife, and did not tell her we were watching a Fan Edit. Well, she really liked it. She said it packed a very strong emotional punch and that it felt very believable. The new ending she thought felt a bit jarring for her, but she said that is how real life is. Myself, I agree, this version is much stronger emotionally but I still had difficulty buying into it. Technically, this is superior editing. Excellent video. Great audio. Perfect cuts. Gatos has taken what I consider to be a mediocre movie and made it very, very good. Still not great, but a tremendous improvement and should definitely be watched to appreciate Gatos fine skill at sculpting a more dramatic narrative. Thumbs Up.

More...

Top Bottom