• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Fall of the Jedi: Episode I - The Phantom Menace:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, what an improvement. Clearly far better than the painful original. As it stands, if I had a kid, this'd be the version I'd show them. Great work on the scrolling wording. Well done on getting Anakin out of space in the final act. Reviewers have questioned it, but you are spot on - a comedy accidental destruction of a big boss (droid control ship) by a child ? Why didn't Lucas have Darth Maul die after being distracted by a puppy? Personally I'd like to lose from this version of the control ship scene the lines that suggest that the rest of the squadron didn't know why the ship was blowing up (otherwise what was their plan?!). So I'd take out "What's that?", "We didn't hit it." and "It's one of ours", but keep "It's blowing up from the inside." Glad 3PO's gone too. I wouldn't have minded R2 kicking around, but not bothered. Which brings us to JarJar. Frankly any appearance is too much, and it's great there's so little of him. The problem is now, because he can't be entirely removed, that he seems to be stalking the principal characters! From the dialogue, once he's taken them to the underwater city his role is over. But there he is in Theed. Oh and look now he's in the Jedi spacecraft & following them round Tatooine... But what can you do? It's the source's fault. Given that we can just about believe that he might have guided the Jedi to Theed, it would be good if we could have just a couple of line's of dialogue to explain why he's following the principals off Naboo. I remember the pod race as interminable. This version seems better, though ideally would be just two laps! So essentially great. There is only one thing I strongly disagree with, and that's taking out Obi-Wan's promise as Qui-Gon is dying. That *is* a key moment in the trilogy. To have him mention it casually to Yoda later felt weak. You managed to speed up the pace everywhere - it's ok to slow it when it's important! I can't compare to other fanedits of Phantom as I haven't seen them, but this is great - I say find it and watch it.

More...

Top Bottom