• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

I think my external disc drive is dead.

Kikanator96

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been trying to rip a new bluray I just got. Had no luck. I tried makemkv and it says HARWARE ERROR, TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT. I just realised that now even a bluray disc that I ripped before with no issue is having the same problem. Does this mean that my disc drive is dying or starting to fade? (Because dvds are still fine on it.) I've had this external disc drive for at least 3 years. Is it time to get a new one? Will that fix the problem? Thanks for any help.

Top Bottom