• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

I Sold My Soul For Star Wars: Merchandising The Force Awakens

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been collecting any and all commercials for The Force Awakens related merchandising. So far I've got 101 commercials from 22 different companies. Since the material is all sourced from YouTube in HD, when available, this is going to be a digital-only release. I need some help from the non-North American folks here though in helping to identify companies that have The Force Awakens products for sale. I think I'm pretty much set with the North American content, but if you know of any that I'm missing please do let me know.

As for Canadian content I know I am missing 4 commercials. I'm in need of both the English and French commercials from Subway for the collectible cups, the second "Restart" commercial from Bell for Bell Fibe TV, and the "Space Falcon" commercial from Canadian Tire. Both "Restart" commercials are identical except for the programming displayed on the television at the start. In the first version "Marvel's Agents Of Shield" is on but in the second one I believe it was "Survivor". Can't be sure though. Oddly enough the French Canadian version of this commercial has "Guardians Of The Galaxy" playing on the television. I've checked the official YouTube channels for these and none of them are posted there. I don't watch French Canadian programming though so I might be unaware of others. blueyoda do you know of any French Canadian commercials for TFA other than the Subway and Bell Canada ones?

So far I've collected commercials from the following companies/products. The number in parenthesis is for the number of commercials I have for each one so far.

- BB-8 Enable Droid (2)
- Bell (6)
- Campbell's Soup (4)
- Canadian Tire (3)
- Cover Girl (3)
- Disney Infinity (3)
- Dodge (2)
- Duracell (21)
- General Mills Cereals (3)
- Hot Wheels (2)
- HP (6)
- Jeep (1)
- Kirin (3)
- Kohl's (4)
- LEGO (8)
- O2 (1)
- Original Soundtrack (2)
- Schick (3)
- Subway (12)
- Target (10)
- Topps (2)
- Toy Commercials (7)
- Toys 'R' Us (2)
- Verizon (8)
- Wal-Mart (12)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just found out about a Japanese soda, called Kirin Mets, that put out Blue and Red Force sodas for The Force Awakens. Anybody able to help me out with a commercial(s)? I'm not seeing any on YouTube.

EDIT: Found them!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have any additional commercials for you, but I just want to say that this is a wonderful, crazy, inventive idea for a fan release. :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
I don't have any additional commercials for you, but I just want to say that this is a wonderful, crazy, inventive idea for a fan release. :)

Thanks Tom! I'm thinking of also doing one for the marketing. Just trailers and TV spots from around the world. I want to focus on this one first though. So many commercials that I need to find, and so many products that I need to find out about. I've been able to find the Japanese commercials for that drink I posted about. I've got two and one for a different Japanese drink made by the same company. Also found two Japanese LEGO commercials and two Japanese Shick razor commercials. And four French Duracell commercials. Only one of those I've got the US version of. Going to have to check and see if they've got the other three as well. If you do come across any commercials for companies that aren't listed, or if you find out about any products that I may not know about, please do let me know. :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now added 19 Duracell commercials, 3 Kirin commercials, 1 Kohl's commercial, and 3 Schick commercials. My OP has been edited to include these.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'm with [MENTION=7530]TomH1138[/MENTION] here. this whole project cracks me up. i love it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've added a Disney Infinity commercial and 2 Topps ones. I'm wondering if maybe I should stick to original commercials only. Meaning that if a commercial is being shown in multiple countries but the only difference is the audio and on-screen text should I stick to just getting the commercial from the originating country?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it might get repetitive if it's not actually different footage. Just stick with one take on those.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
blueyoda do you know of any French Canadian commercials for TFA other than the Subway and Bell Canada ones?

I'd love to help but I don't watch television at all.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Yeah, it might get repetitive if it's not actually different footage. Just stick with one take on those.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. Started deleting some last night. Acquired some more commercials as well. And I saw a new Subway commercial for Star Wars gift cards that I'm going to need to get, but unfortunately Subway Canada hasn't uploaded anything on their YouTube channel in a year. :( Anybody know if those gift cards are available outside of Canada, or are they exclusive to Canada? I've got both gift cards, all 6 cups (including two doubles), and 4 of the 8 bags available with the Kids Pack. And yes, I bought those Kids Packs for myself just so I could get the bags. :lol:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have the Subway commercial with Jared as Darth Vader?

Don't use it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=4619]Uncanny Antman[/MENTION] [MENTION=6566]TMBTM[/MENTION] [MENTION=4826]AvP[/MENTION] [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION] [MENTION=7560]Kal-El[/MENTION] [MENTION=15015]Fanedit[/MENTION] [MENTION=9767]JetSetWilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7682]dangermouse[/MENTION] do you guys know of any products or commercials for The Force Awakens that are exclusive to your respective countries?

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not a clue, sorry. The only SW ads I've seen lately were just TV spots for the movie.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry - don't watch TV. And not interested in merchandise anyway. Sorry.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the replies guys. You guys haven't spotted any non-toy/collectibles products in stores either. Or promotions from restaurants other than Subway?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Sorry, FC, I never watch broadcast TV, except for Oscar & Tony Award shows.

There is this, though. "Lightsaber" by EXO

[video]http://www.inquisitr.com/2565617/k-...ertainments-relationship-with-disney/[/video]

Thanks Vultural. Not looking for anything music related though, other than commercials for the original score. And I've already got two of those.

Does anybody know if the Star Wars bags from Subway are available in franchises outside of North America? Or are they just a Canada/US, and possibly Mexico, exclusive? And do the US chains have Star Wars themed gift cards, or are those a Canadian exclusive?

Top Bottom