• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

I just lost everything.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last night, my hard drive fell off the shelf. I now have lost all my films, digital music, downloaded fan edits, fan edit projects and software. I am going to talk to some data restoration people to try to get my data back, but in the meantime all of my projects are cancelled until further notice.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Repeat until further notice.

I just took out Windows XP this week on the box that I was trying to record commentary on to FINALLY get my firstling from a year ago out the door... I feel your frustration. I'm on the data recovery path too, now that all the XP repair tricks have failed me.

Oh yeah, and I'm still around. I've just been busy even without classes this semester. I'll be back in another few weeks, hopefully with a recovered copy of my own fanedit. I have a rougher cut burned to disk at least.

wow, that is bad. sorry, ghostcut.

Jesus!! Man!! When I read title I thought your house burned down or something........ It just hard drive.....sorry anyway.....

I feel with you GC. I remember the big mp3 harddrive crash fall 2007.

look on the bright side: you still have your life, your family, a community where about 50% of the people want to make love to you and everything else.

so you just lost data...

:)

voodl said:
Jesus!! Man!! When I read title I thought your house burned down or something........

It may as well have done :-(

Sorry for your loss, Ghostcut. I know how that feels. It's like somebody punched you in the gut and then cut a limb off.

Which reminds me, I really need to do my weekly file saves onto my portable hard drive and DVD-Rs.
I lost one of my hard drives last left year, but thankfully, it wasn't the one that had all my media on it - it was, however, the drive that had Windows XP and and all my program files, so re-installing those were a pain in the ass (especially the Adobe programs.... god, those technical support people were a little too paranoid about helping me get Photoshop and the others re-installed).

Jesus dude thats awful news :( hit me up if you need any help with DR.

i would recommend

Final Data Pro or Easy Recovery Pro.

unless the drive if completely toasted then you should be able to at least do a partial recovery.

Back
Top Bottom