• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

I have now watched Simpsons. Now this is the Official Thread

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seasons 2-10. After that, there is the odd gem, but the gags aren't there...well...maybe a few, but.....oh, I give up!
1057564.jpg

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
g1or, have you watched any episodes of the Simpsons yet?

Even 1?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeap. I watched a few episodes from the 1st one, and it was meh for most of the time. I also watched season 2 in its entirety and i have to say it was quite enjoyable and funny. I plan to watch more seasons further down the road.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! I'm glad you found some episodes that you liked.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh good.

Wait...

g1orkatsos said:
I watched a few episodes from the 1st one, and it was meh for most of the time.

358152d1327183022-namak-mirchi-club-pakwheels-mother-god-meme.jpg

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Oh good.

Wait...

358152d1327183022-namak-mirchi-club-pakwheels-mother-god-meme.jpg
I mean the first season. It's not as funny as the second season so far i think. But that's just me

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not ok g1or. You need to share the same opinion as me. I will not tolerate differing opinions when it comes to The Simpsons.

More on point though, that's how shit goes. They get funnier. OMG.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now unofficially The Simpsons Thread.

I quite enjoyed tonight's Treehouse of Horror. It's been a while since I enjoyed all 3 vignettes in a ToH.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
This is now unofficially The Simpsons Thread.

I quite enjoyed tonight's Treehouse of Horror. It's been a while since I enjoyed all 3 vignettes in a ToH.

I thought they were alright, although the Paranormal Activity one was rather lame. I wish they could go back to doing some really good ones like when they first started doing these Halloween specials.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad to hear that this year's ToH was better than some recent ones. I actually stopped watching several years ago because they had gotten so bad.

I don't understand why the ToHs continue to do so well in the ratings. (I can't imagine that the writers would keep making the shows if they didn't give a spike to the ratings.) I think that the ToH needs to take some years off until the writers really have some good ideas.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
or maybe they could just retire the simpsons. Its run its course. I'm a fan, but I can't say I wouldn't miss the last sixteen seasons.
Clarified that for you.

Season 19 was actually pretty damn solid. But yeah.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe it's #20. It does contain the greatest line in television history.

Homer said:
To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not a list guy, too many choices in this case anyway. But that's a solid list.

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I'm not a list guy, too many choices in this case anyway. But that's a solid list.
lol

With Mrs. K now dead... why don't they take the jump and just age the kids by a year?
Get Maggie in preschool. Move Bart up to Middle School (which a lot of school districts have started switching to at 5th grade). With Marge having freetime now, get her into college or something. Let Lisa skip a grade or two, getting picked on by all of the older kids in class, and having to struggle with harder material for once. Put Mr. Burns in a wheel chair, and give him a recurring long lost son that is taking over the family business. Let Smithers move on and find himself a man. Put Abe on some new medicine to prevent and reverse memory loss. Send him out on a tour of the world. Convert Moe's into a sports bar and find a new recurring joke that is sports related. Make Principal Skinner the new Superintendent, or at least upgrade him to the middle school principal. Give comic book guy gastric bypass surgery, and make him a player. Sober up Barney and make him really successful.

If they made those changes, I truly believe Simpsons would enter another Golden Era.

Top Bottom