• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

I have a confession to make, requesting unban

cafevincent

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am actually a banned member called "cafevincent" that was kicked out like 10-15 years ago for a single 3-star review. I was also accused of entering many 0 ratings for edits, which I did not do. I tried telling the staff that there was a time when the rating system was not working; whenever I tried to click a star amount, nothing happened. I later realized it must have been my firefox with all the extensions or tight security settings I use if it wasn't a common problem. Those clicks were recorded as zeroes, apparently. Who would do that on purpose, especially without their own horse in the race? None the less, I was banned forever. I regret not sending feedback for the broken rating system, by which this would have been instantly resolved. I am usually the one sending feedback.

My reasoning for the 3 star review was valid but I confess the rating was still harsh. I argued about a Terminator 4 edit that changed the ending so that *spoiler alert* there was no heart transplant, implying that john survives getting fisted through the heart. I found this edit to be the first to actually ruin the movie further so I gave it a 3, arguing that if an edit is worse than the original, then its rating should be in the 1-5 range, reserving improvements to the 6-10 range. I didn't even realize leaving 0 stars was possible. I was never in the forums reading the reasoning behind the edit or meeting the people, so leaving a 3 was easier than it should have been.

I plead again that there was never any deliberate bad behavior, and my current account supports me being a good normal active user (other than creating the account without permission, obviously). Now, I would like to humbly apologize and request that my old account cafevincent be unbanned so I can finally forget this "wrong" account name and the bad memories.

Unless you think an arguably innocent man has not suffered enough? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom